Dante's entourage appears to have been future proofed (i.e units likely to cross the Rubicon).

I'll miss running Tycho with Sternguard and I wonder what GW Legends units we'll get.

“Get in the bucket and I shall psychically send you to your destination.”

”Ancient Rolindus, it appears to me that you simply intend to hurl us down the battlefield. In that bucket”

”Nonsense brother, my psychic wings shall send you into battle with the enemy. In you go.”

*hurls bucket* 

“WIIIIINGS OF SANGUINIUS-S-S-S!”

”Ok, who is next? Where did you go brothers?”

Can't wait to fling units across the battlefield with my Librarian Dreadnought! 

I like what I've seen out of the indexes so far. Only downside has been the Vanguard Veterans. Doesn't bother me much because I've only got 2/15 with thunder hammers. The rest have power swords. (and relic weapons on the sgts). Combining power weapons and chainswords into heirloom weapons and still having thunder hammers and power fists be options would've been fine with me. But overall, I still like the unit.

Assault squads are looking nice! That was one of my biggest hopes for this edition.

Really looking forward to getting my Blood Angels on the table again. 

Overall I think the chapter is in a better place with the indexes than we are currently, for fluffy/cliche lists and play styles.

fast flying/skimming units are now almost uniformly good or great.

The melee options we have available to us are pretty excellent.

I just realized the assault cannons got a bit of a nerf imho

A6 rerolling wounds S6 AP0 D1

the flame storm cannon seems like a no brainer choice for the Baal 

44 minutes ago, Carcosa said:

Do models with extra attack (e.g the gravis captain) gain +1 attack on both weapons with red thirst?

I'd guess it'll get an FAQ, but RAW they do. Enjoy it while it last!

in a similar vein, Mephy's Transfixing Gaze can reduce the number of weapon attacks by one. I'd love to see him stare down a Keeper of Secrets, giving it -3 attacks!

@Pathstriderim sure you could, but you're gonna pay through the nose for it!

Edited by Paladin777

1 hour ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

I just realized the assault cannons got a bit of a nerf imho

A6 rerolling wounds S6 AP0 D1

the flame storm cannon seems like a no brainer choice for the Baal 

they have devastating wounds too, so have a chance at mortals as well.

And twin linked pairs very nicely with DW. 

If I end up getting a Baal Pred (which I'm sure I will eventually... though it might not be painted until 11th edition!) I'll probably run the flamestorm canon most of the time too though. 6x d1 shots is a hard sell when put up against d6+3 d2 hits at the same Str and a decent AP.

points will make a difference though. 

magnets are my friend...

Edited by Paladin777

1 hour ago, Blindhamster said:

they have devastating wounds too, so have a chance at mortals as well.

4-9 shots auto hitting and ignoring cover with better AP and more damage sounds like it still has a hard advantage over the assault cannons.

one successful wound from flamestorm kills 1 intercessor.

one successful wound from ACs does not kill an intercessor, and you’re less likely to have as many opportunities to wound.

Just now, Paladin777 said:

And twin linked pairs very nicely with DW. 

If I end up getting a Baal Pred I'll probably run the flamestorm canon most of the time too though. 6x d1 shots is a hard sell when put up against d6+3 d2 hits at the same Str and a decent AP.

points will make a difference though. 

magnets are my friend...

I’ll probably build as assault cannons when I get around to one(if magnetizing is too much of a hassle) just because I think they look cooler.

Big winners in my eyes:

Sanguinor

Lemartes

Libby Dread

DC

Baal Pred

Generally I'm very happy with the slates, but a little bleak that our special rules dont allow for any real movement shenanigans which actually get us into combat.  

I feel like SoS Detach hits like a ton of bricks, but Gladius will allow far greater use of key assault units.  

SO many combos though, but I expect a few day 1 FAQs on things - namely the dam -1 issue, and then the Anti-X and Crit + Devastating wound mechanic. 

@MorticonI get the impression that anti-x+DW is intentional (like with the Combi-weapon), so I'd imagine that modifications on individual combos would be more likely.

I just noticed that only 1 in 5 SG can have a power fist... half of my squad of 8 (plus the ancient) are modeled with fists! That's really annoying!

>:(

The winners for us are clear cut and already mentioned. Overall its decent. 7 out of 10.

Given that Brother Corbulo or Sanguinary Priests cannot heal or revive is a big disappointment, and the pattern continues of short-changing Dante in terms of power and breadth. His pistol should have been 9" and 2 shots. His axe should have had a choice to go fewer attacks but hit at Strength 8. Lastly he should have had some sort of CP bonus or perk given his new title and duty. 

For such a legendary marine character, once again, he is lackluster (and I'm sure his points will be higher than they should be). 

Thats my .02.

Also fear Mephiston's Mean Mug! lmao ... nice debuff but kinda funny too.

Edited by Eilio Tiberius

6 hours ago, Paladin777 said:

@MorticonI get the impression that anti-x+DW is intentional (like with the Combi-weapon), so I'd imagine that modifications on individual combos would be more likely.

Considering DW can put out 30 easy MW per squad and Eldar D cannons can do do something similar ...i'm not so sure about that. 

Still bleak that the chapter master of the BA still just seems underwhelming in terms of his prowess and tactical acumen.

10 hours ago, Carcosa said:

Do models with extra attack (e.g the gravis captain) gain +1 attack on both weapons with red thirst?

Stand to be corrected on this, but think i remember reading that the "extra attack" weapons can never be modified, but that aside, It would be one extra attack only, so we'd choose the appropriate weapon for that +1

People keep saying Dante is bad, I don’t really get it.

- he forces battleshock at -1 on any enemy he’s engaged with, this means he can help win games by simply shutting down the ability to score for many enemies

- he is fast, which is important for the above but also his ability to get into fights of his choosing

- he makes the unit he leads more likely to hit with both ranged and shooting

- of the chapter masters, he has by far the best unit option to join

- his axe may “only” be strength 7 base, but that means it’s 8 on the charge, he gets 9 attacks on the charge too, auto wounding on 6s and deals 2 damage per hit, which is arguably a more impressive to file than any of the other chapter masters for melee, being a potential 18 wounds on the charge

- as noted, his ideal unit, the sanguinary guard are incredibly tough to shift in melee imposing a -1 to hit AND to wound and potentially being OC2, with them hitting with both rangers and melee on 2s thanks to Dante.

my only real negative is I’d have preferred devastating wounds to lethal hits, and the pistol should have been slightly longer range or 2 shot. But those are minor, he honestly seems good to me. 

14 hours ago, Carcosa said:

Of course that can't be intended, lemme read that rule again.

"add 1 to the Strength and Attacks characteristics of melee weapons equipped by models in that unit."

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ehg3lhnhw1ajtiwyvt

Ok, yup, +1 to both weapons it is!

12 minutes ago, Jolemai said:

Except a model with more than one melee weapon can only use one of them at a time in combat.

Except for weapons with 'extra attacks'. They can be used in addition to the primary weapon. Such as the gravis captain...

If you give him the boltstorm gauntlet, he gets 1 power fist and 1 of relic chainsword, relic blade or relic fist.

All 3 have the 'extra attacks' keyword. So RAW, the powerfist goes to 6A S9, and the appropriate relic weapon also gets +1S and +1A so e.g. double-fisting he'd have 8A on the charge.

:ohmy:

Edited by Arkhanist