Space Wolves Index

Valerian
Go to solution Solved by TiguriusX,

Grimnar’s High King of Fenris ability is pretty sweet.

And we get get access to the 3 standard types of Terminators in addition to Wolf Guard Terminators, which was unexpected to me. 

Well that's dented my limited enthusiasm for 10th...

Was hoping the Detachment rules would mean we'd have something to balance the requirement to earn our rules, but guessing by what I'm hearing that's not the case :/

Will have to wait a few hours before I can read the index properly, but if it is as bad as is being said I'd love to know what the justification was or see the balance slate that comes out after a few months once everything shakes out

2 minutes ago, Valerian said:

Ragnar looks good.  Advance and Charge for his unit, and when he charges he gets 10 Attacks, with Exploding 6s, with a Strength 8, AP3, D2 Frostfang. 

And he can lead both Firstborn and Primaris units which is pretty nifty.

I just don't get this, why have they got rid of all the weapon types for wulfen? And they don't have thunder hammers either, just a "wulfen hammer"

Thundercav at least get heirloom weapons across the board and can be led by grimnar which could be interesting.

Looking at the templars index as they are my other force we have been screwed. Questioning alot of this though as the BT sword brethren no longer have twin lightning claws but we do? Looks like quite alot of errors to me

I was excited and happy for Val that Ragnar can indeed join blade guard. And then I kept reading and it went downhill very quickly, and very badly. Put it down at the Wulfen Data slate. Guess I have to keep reading to see what they did to TWC.

Considering cancelling my pre order for the leviathan box. Did it through eBay retailer so I don’t even know if I can. 

Looks like if I play I'll be using my old terminator lists again. At least they look half decent and retained the weapon customisation options, even if storm shields are meh now.

I had been planning a new wold lord model at some point in power armour and debating the load out, this confirms he'll have a sword and shield so he can go in with BGV

Do I read restriction correctly and we just got handed a few units from the Vanilla Marines Index, like the new Apothecary Biologis, Veterans with Jump Packs and all kinds of Fliers? I'm not sure, which units we already got with our last Codex Supplement …

Murderfang is insane but there is no way to deliver and protect him

also...BA dreads have the same rule and aren't limited to 1 epic character

Ragnar is good

Bjorn is good

Wulfen dreads are baaaaarely ok

The FNP and blizzard shield may keep them alive to reach melee with their ax (never use claws they lost RR to wound)

There are some GIMMICK combos if you do SW detachment but IMO it is not worth it

1 CP for auto passing majesty gives us a ton of OC....that includes the nerfed cyberwolf who dropped down to OC 0 regaining OC 1

Not worth it IMO though

Gladius viking marines...no more wolfy wolf wolf

I am going to start 10th by skewing high T with 3xVindicators + LS and kamikaze some dreads

Bjorn + murderfang + wulfen dreadnoughts

Maybe the vindicators draw enough fire for me to cross the kill zone

41 minutes ago, tetsuhau said:

Anyone see no WG with jump packs? Just skyclaws? Or did I miss something?

Didn't see them either, WGPL/JP is in, but no WG pack JP option that I saw, though I did very quickly skim over it.

Can't understand why they kept the Blood claw JP unit (Skyclaws), but did away with the Bike unit (Swiftclaws) as we still have the option to have a Character on bike to lead them?

Though as already stated GW seems to have done a hatchet job on some of the indexes so maybe we may see some positive changes in future

Edited by Starlight_Wolf
Poor spelling :P