Space Wolves Index

Valerian
Go to solution Solved by TiguriusX,

On 6/16/2023 at 11:11 PM, Lionsbane said:

Sang Guard points are too high? You don't think they are worth less than twice what a standard assault squad with jp is worth? Because I think they are worth about three times as much. 2+Save, -1 to be hit, -1 to be wounded, 4x as good weapons. Double the OC. 

Their points seem high to me for a two wound unit, even if their rules are exceptional as they are. I may be wrong on that. To be honest unless I play on a comp event I’m unlikely to see blood angels to figure it out.  In my gaming group I’m the only marines player. Although a few have taken a run with space wolves because they see me having a load of fun with them. 

I have the beginnings of a mechanised list forming in my head. 2 packs of MSU Grey Hunters in TLAC Razorbacks with maximum special weapons. 6 Eradicators in a Repulsor, 6 BGVs + Judiciar in a LR and a big brick of Blood Claws in an LRC. Any left over points will be spent on things like Infiltrators to contest Objectives early on.

80 Chaplain with Artificer Armour

210 Blood Claws with assorted upgrades

255 Land Raider Crusader

90 Judiciar with Honour Vehement

200 6 Bladeguard Veterans

275 Land Raider

190 6 Eradicators

195 Repulsor

30 WG PL Power fist and Combi weapon

90 5 Grey Hunters, 2 Plasma

100 Razorback, TL Assault Cannons

75 Phobos Librarian

90 Infiltrators

110 Heavy Intercessors

1990 Total

3 T12 tanks should give the enemy plenty to think about. The Heavy Intercessors are my backfield Objective Campers and the Infiltrators + Phobos Libby should give me some early midfield presence.

As you can see from the enhancements, I am planning to run a GSF rather than a SW detachment. It is a shame as I would love the Black Death on the Judiciar but I just think Doctrines offer Wolves far more than Sagas

Edited by Karhedron