Adeptus Custodes Index

Slightly better than i expected for Sisters actually, still, no Army ability, no enhancements and only 2 stratagems is a little rough, whoever wrote that part clearly wasnt a fan.

More interesting than expected characters though, and they improved the poor neglected Null rhino after it just being the worst rhino for half of 9th :D 

And i think we can ride in Land Raiders now? Good for a lol at least! 

Im hoping the codex has a proper Anathema detachment coming, will probably just wait for that. 

3 minutes ago, Dark Legionnare said:

Legends'd!  Joking!

At least, I hope I am.

Not Legends'd for sure. GW stated custodes will get their FW stuff normally.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/01/legions-and-legends-warhammer-the-horus-heresy-models-in-games-of-warhammer-40000/

I was really expecting it to be in the index... I'm just so bummed right now, one of the armies I play (DG) looks to be a burning trainweck and the other one hasn't even released more than half of its untis :laugh: Damn

Edited by Balerion84

30 minutes ago, Balerion84 said:

Not Legends'd for sure. GW stated custodes will get their FW stuff normally.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2023/06/01/legions-and-legends-warhammer-the-horus-heresy-models-in-games-of-warhammer-40000/

I was really expecting it to be in the index... I'm just so bummed right now, one of the armies I play (DG) looks to be a burning trainweck and the other one hasn't even released more than half of its untis :laugh: Damn

I certainly hope so! But when it comes to GW I tend to not hold my breath.

8 minutes ago, Hellex_The_Thanatar said:

I'm now nearly  positive they won't let any hq to join the fw units because why would they. 

Gross. 

Now that's a worrying thought. And I guess you'll be right, they'd have to update these datasheets for the hqs to be able to join the fw units. 

At least I hope the fw units will be good, once they decide to honor us with releasing half of the army. Yesterday I printed myself a coronus, hoping it'd be useable finally :D fingers crossed then

You could in theory just add a note to the FW sheet that they count as another unit for character purposes but its hardly elegant. That said i wouldnt expect much, Talons keeping their FW is a crutch after all :( 

Fingers crossed we finally get the Acquisitor though! 

I'm not overly worried about the lack of FW stuff in the Index. I am sure that we will get a few new plastic kits when the full Codex is released.

As it stands, I like the look of the Index itself, as it looks nice and balanced, with nothing ridiculously overpowered. I might have to pick up a Valerian & Aleya, as their Datasheets look quite fun.

My only query is, if points for wargear options are supposedly the same for the unit, why on earth would someone NOT take a Misericordia on a Shield Vexilla?

Given the seemingly broken "Impervious to Damage" Deathwing Knights, I am happy to use Custodes as my main army for the first few games of 10th Edition.

45 minutes ago, Hellex_The_Thanatar said:

No other hq being able to join allurus besides their shield captain is.... highly disappointing. 

This super disappointed that fw stuff isn't in as I'm now nearly  positive they won't let any hq to join the fw units because why would they. 

Gross. 

10th is rampant with these kind of restrictions. One of the reasons I'm not a fan of it.

1 hour ago, Balerion84 said:

Now that's a worrying thought. And I guess you'll be right, they'd have to update these datasheets for the hqs to be able to join the fw units. 

At least I hope the fw units will be good, once they decide to honor us with releasing half of the army. Yesterday I printed myself a coronus, hoping it'd be useable finally :D fingers crossed then

The SM variant chapter special units have rules like "characters that can join tactical squads can join this unit"

No need to worry yet.

That Shield Captain datasheet... he's a spicy meatball. Dare I say it, I'm jealous my preferred Warlord in Terminator armour gets to always strike when killed compared to using multiple Ka'tah at the same time.

But both are still good.

I'm impressed with the rules of this release. Axes on Allarus with Slayer of Nightmares and Slayers of Tyrants looks solid for smashing big targets.

Only fly in the ointment is the Contemptor not having the weapons of the new HH kit.

21 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

That Shield Captain datasheet... he's a spicy meatball. Dare I say it, I'm jealous my preferred Warlord in Terminator armour gets to always strike when killed compared to using multiple Ka'tah at the same time.

But both are still good.

I'm impressed with the rules of this release. Axes on Allarus with Slayer of Nightmares and Slayers of Tyrants looks solid for smashing big targets.

Only fly in the ointment is the Contemptor not having the weapons of the new HH kit.

Slayer of knightmares looks even better on spears though? Because of the abysmal stats of the axe 

The better AP and increased wound chance is way better on spears with more hits and better hit chance right? 

Avenge the fallen is going to actually be great for adding attacks with the sustain hits stance. 

We are really playing hero hammer with tanky delivery boys and I'm mildly bummed since I wish our basic troops were indeed killy-ier...

Free stratagems every turn for shield captains will be bananas as well. Two fight first strats per turn? Absolutely. 

Also Aleya is an absolute unit. What a weapon profile holy moly. 

Edited by Hellex_The_Thanatar

I dunno, the maths doesn't sit well in my brain.

I just thought Damage 3 and the fact many monsters and the like have Invulnerables makes the Axes comparable?

I'm probably wrong but yeah, they'll still be hitting hard.

38 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

I dunno, the maths doesn't sit well in my brain.

I just thought Damage 3 and the fact many monsters and the like have Invulnerables makes the Axes comparable?

I'm probably wrong but yeah, they'll still be hitting hard.

Look at the number of attacks, the two hit and the AP for axes vs spears. 

It might become meta dependent but how many t7 and up units have multiple of 3 wounds? 

The math becomes quite apparent from where I'm sitting with only very nich cases where axe is better on a high t low save opponent.