Adeptus Custodes Index

Well we get two of the stratagems... Urgh, its just a big ball of disappointment after the last codex finally gave Sisters some decent support. Im hoping this is just because the indices suck and the Codex will pick things up but no Acquisitor is a really bad omen.

1 hour ago, Borbarad said:

You wish for an Acquisitor … I wish for them to get the basic right :angel:

Ha! They can't even release rules and points in the correct order. Can't get any more basic than that... 

I really hope Coronus will have the same disembark rule as Orion, for 200pts I would actually play it then. But I'm getting ready to be disappointed. 

13 minutes ago, Balerion84 said:

I really hope Coronus will have the same disembark rule as Orion, for 200pts I would actually play it then. But I'm getting ready to be disappointed. 

I expect it to have a fire support rule akin to the Razorback or Wave Serpent

45 minutes ago, Balerion84 said:

Ha! They can't even release rules and points in the correct order. Can't get any more basic than that... 

2 hours ago, Borbarad said:

You wish for an Acquisitor … I wish for them to get the basic right :angel:

Oh yeah mild inconvenience is much the same as no support at all eh?  

1 minute ago, Noserenda said:

Oh yeah mild inconvenience is much the same as no support at all eh?  

I’m just joking, don’t get your panties in a twist. 

I would have loved to see the Acquisitor too, but my expectations have been so low that the thought of getting it didn’t even cross my mind. 

On 6/17/2023 at 12:14 PM, Hellex_The_Thanatar said:

Leave it to gw to figure out how to mess up the land raider even when it's fairly decent otherwise 

Yeah I'll take 2A las over [twin-linked]

And my index says the LR can carry 6 custodes infantry

The stats for the FW Custodes seem WAY off if true. I realise everything should be less killy, but having a terminator wield a power gauntlet that is slightly better than a spear is just silly. Most of the weapons seem like copies of 'regular' weapons (like said power fist). An Infernus Firepike is just a Heavy Flamer. Normal terminators can take those. The Telemon just has a regular Dreadnought close combat weapon. It's way larger than a regular dread. A Tarsis Buckler is a Misericordia, they just also get a pistol. Adrastus Bolt Caliver? Ah, the golden heavy bolter wielded by the Emperor's finest. 

Custodes need to feel like the best humanity has to offer, not just dressed up Astartes. So far, they really feel like they're dropping the ball with everything Forge World, which is a shame. The game rules look great, but the way they're handling this seems appaling. 

The more I look at it and after checking the Auspex Tactics vid, the more it feels like they're placeholders in the code. 

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment"

1 hour ago, Helycon said:

The more I look at it and after checking the Auspex Tactics vid, the more it feels like they're placeholders in the code. 

"Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment"

It is true that we don’t know the full extent of the rules nor all the profiles. But I would not hold my breath. 

Edited by Borbarad

Ok so the leaks were correct.

So can someone explain to me why Arachnus on Caladius, Orion and Ares are anti-tank profile and arachnus on everything else is anti-infantry? How does that make any sense please? Why is heavy Arachnus 12/-3/d6+2 and coronus Arachnus 5/-1/1? 

Also, guess I'm not playing Coronus? Although it's ability is nice, maybe with Sagittarum? Hm

Edited by Balerion84

28 minutes ago, Balerion84 said:

why Arachnus on Caladius, Orion and Ares are anti-tank profile and arachnus on everything else is anti-infantry?

Because the first three are heavy blaze cannons. It is like the diffrence between a multilaser and a lasercannon.

Edited by Metzombie

30 minutes ago, Balerion84 said:

Ok so the leaks were correct.

So can someone explain to me why Arachnus on Caladius, Orion and Ares are anti-tank profile and arachnus on everything else is anti-infantry? How does that make any sense please? Why is heavy Arachnus 12/-3/d6+2 and coronus Arachnus 5/-1/1? 

Also, guess I'm not playing Coronus? Although it's ability is nice, maybe with Sagittarum? Hm

That's my immediate thought.  15 shots at 5|-1|2 hitting on 2's with full wound rerolls is not nothing against anything T9 or less.  Can certainly help you make sure something dies, especially on he once-per-game activation of devastating wounds, could help you fish for those 6's to dunk on something dangerous & hardy.

1 minute ago, Dark Legionnare said:

That's my immediate thought.  15 shots at 5|-1|2 hitting on 2's with full wound rerolls is not nothing against anything T9 or less.  Can certainly help you make sure something dies, especially on he once-per-game activation of devastating wounds, could help you fish for those 6's to dunk on something dangerous & hardy.

Yeah, I might have to try it out. I printed a coronus in anticipation of the new index, hoping to try it and I have to find a way to make it work, god damn it! :D 

5 minutes ago, Metzombie said:

Because the first three are heavy blaze cannons. It is like the diffrence between a multilaser and a lasercannon.

I get that but is the difference between heavy arachnus and regular arachnus so huge? Because even non-heavy arachnus were AT before and in 30k still are... it's just doesn't make too much sense to me 

Now we have manga and heavy arachnus as AT and normal arachnus as anti infantry... especially on the telemon it makes no sense having a choice between 2 different anti infantry weapons? 

Pallas was always tank hunter and now it's not.

It's weird...

22 minutes ago, Balerion84 said:

Yeah, I might have to try it out. I printed a coronus in anticipation of the new index, hoping to try it and I have to find a way to make it work, god damn it! :D 

Mine's been much maligned outside 30K since 9th edition, often brought it, but usually it just ended up being a mobile bomb haha. 

Edited by Dark Legionnare

2 hours ago, Balerion84 said:

Sagittarum disembarking out of a Cronos could start fishing for Devastating Wounds. 

That’s 8 + 15 (+2.5) shots that hit on 2s and re-roll wounds to get those 6s. 

Is it worth nearly 450 points? Probably not, but I’m gonna try it out.