Adeptus Custodes Index

5 hours ago, Hellex_The_Thanatar said:

Look at the number of attacks, the two hit and the AP for axes vs spears. 

It might become meta dependent but how many t7 and up units have multiple of 3 wounds? 

The math becomes quite apparent from where I'm sitting with only very nich cases where axe is better on a high t low save opponent. 

And what happens when -1 Dam effects start hitting the Edition? Your gonna want that 3D

33 minutes ago, Silas7 said:

And what happens when -1 Dam effects start hitting the Edition? Your gonna want that 3D

There are certainly select units that can get the -1 damage quite true. 

It's not that they have no place but they certainly aren't going to be a go to option for general scenarios at least the math says. If -1 damage units becomes the norm in every list? Yup going to be super important. 

Land Raider gets the katas, nice dodge tank!

9 hours ago, Hellex_The_Thanatar said:

Look at the number of attacks, the two hit and the AP for axes vs spears. 

It might become meta dependent but how many t7 and up units have multiple of 3 wounds? 

The math becomes quite apparent from where I'm sitting with only very nich cases where axe is better on a high t low save opponent. 

Yeah. Axe is more potent in a world where Toughness 8 is a big deal and common, not the case anymore.
Going from S7 to S9 doesn't make as big an impact anymore, you also get 1 more damage but lose 1 attack, a point of AP, and -1 to hit.

Axe is 2.67 hits to the spear's 4.17 hits to illustrate.

13 hours ago, Hellex_The_Thanatar said:

No other hq being able to join allurus besides their shield captain is.... highly disappointing. 

This super disappointed that fw stuff isn't in as I'm now nearly  positive they won't let any hq to join the fw units because why would they. 

Gross. 

You know it has to be harder than it needs to be.

2 hours ago, Sea Creature said:

Allarus took a big hit losing AP on the axe.

Yeah AP and the worse hit chance. 

I could a handled less attacks but all three at once in exchange to 3d? 

No thanks. And bummer that no strat or hq increases hit chances for allurus! I thought that would be the redeemer is an SC in allurus that helped out with hits. Darn.

Custodes are my new army for 10th :happy:

Anti-vehicle is what I'm unsure of until points drop tomorrow. Land Raider looks good but it depends on the points, I'm hoping to field a Proteus model as I think the aesthetic better suits Custodes :biggrin:

Bikes with S9 launchers will be a part solution against T9 and weaker though most vehicles are tougher than this now?

I was hoping Contemptors would make the index and they have, but they're very disappointing. Super slow at 6" is no good for a melta toting platform, especially now melta is not what it was, and not being able to use the Heresy kit and its options is even more of a blow. They seem hell bent on keeping HH and 40k far apart.

The Freeblades rule may give a good solution though - ally in a couple of Armiger Warglaives instead! They look a far superior filler of that melta/walker niche.

9 hours ago, aquamarine said:

not being able to use the Heresy kit and its options is even more of a blow. They seem hell bent on keeping HH and 40k far apart.

HH Custodes units, including the contemptors will come out at some point, apparently in the next few weeks. So you'll be able to use them normally, they'll not go into Legends as other armies' HH stuff. 

If they'll be any good is a different matter of course. 

So Custodes stuff isn't legends but we have to wait for the legends article to get the other half of the :cuss: index? Come on. Where's the anti tank? Need to see those datasheets GW. Not gonna jam land raiders in hoping they'll be enough... Spoiler alert they aren't and the biker missles well looks like I'm swapping those out again.

Edited by Dusktiger

25 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

So Custodes stuff isn't legends but we have to wait for the legends article to get the other half of the goddamn index? Come on. Where's the anti tank? Need to see those datasheets GW. Not gonna jam land raiders in hoping they'll be enough... Spoiler alert they aren't and the biker missles well looks like I'm swapping those out again.

Pretty sure our cc is near enough the anti everything.

Popping stances extra attacks strats ability to use all stances at once or any combo with shield captains in any sizeable warden, or guard/allurus with lances should yield anything they get in cc with...dead. 

I'm planning on running the numbers proper for killiest set up (which will be like a full squad of wardens plus trajann for raw damage numbers almost certainly) soon. But the damage such a unit would put out is...damn high. Rough numbers would say imperial knight dead high. 

I am in complete agreement we have no range game currently. A spattering of bolter strength fire ain't going to cut it against anything tougher than a guardsman.

But I don't see much of anything surviving contact with us that doesn't have damage mitigation and high toughness. And we still outlast most of those units too. And our characters out cc most other characters so even doing challenges will benefit custodes. 

30 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

So Custodes stuff isn't legends but we have to wait for the legends article to get the other half of the goddamn index? Come on. Where's the anti tank? Need to see those datasheets GW. Not gonna jam land raiders in hoping they'll be enough... Spoiler alert they aren't and the biker missles well looks like I'm swapping those out again.

Yeeeah, pretty much... For some reason, even when GW is writing rules for FW stuff, they just can't release it in the regular index, because why would I need rules for half of my army, right? And why should we have a 1 pdf with army rules, when we can have 2! The more the better! :D 

I just hope the FW stuff will be good, because if I have to wait for half the rules and then they'll suck, after my 2nd army (DG) getting a kick in the nuts with a codex at least a year away, that'll really sour me on this edition. 

1 hour ago, Balerion84 said:

Yeeeah, pretty much... For some reason, even when GW is writing rules for FW stuff, they just can't release it in the regular index, because why would I need rules for half of my army, right? And why should we have a 1 pdf with army rules, when we can have 2! The more the better! :D 

I just hope the FW stuff will be good, because if I have to wait for half the rules and then they'll suck, after my 2nd army (DG) getting a kick in the nuts with a codex at least a year away, that'll really sour me on this edition. 

Me too I bought quite a few Saggitarum and I need to know wether or not they'll be wielding the crappy new combi weapons or something that's actually gonna slap. I also am very interested in wether the super guns the tanks have are actually super and how hard the spear contemptor and telemon can hit things in melee cuase superheavies exist and they are terrifying.

1 hour ago, Balerion84 said:

So looking at the points and some characters actually went up. Bikes went up by 5-10 points based on loadout in 9th. So much for everyone hoping the bikes would go down in points as they are worse now, interesting. 

Bike went up captain on bike went down. Very strange and the unit sizes are... freaking weird. Wardens in particular. 

Also 100% taking a free vexilla on warden squads. 

2 minutes ago, Hellex_The_Thanatar said:

Bike went up captain on bike went down. Very strange and the unit sizes are... freaking weird. Wardens in particular. 

Also 100% taking a free vexilla on warden squads. 

So basically GW doesn't want us to take 5 Wardens with Leader in a LR. Or we pay an unused model to do it....

As for bikes, so 1 unit of 2-3 bikes plus a captain costs around the same and you might take 1 unit for its movement shenanigans. 

On 6/16/2023 at 8:20 AM, Balerion84 said:

So basically GW doesn't want us to take 5 Wardens with Leader in a LR. Or we pay an unused model to do it....

As for bikes, so 1 unit of 2-3 bikes plus a captain costs around the same and you might take 1 unit for its movement shenanigans. 

Leave it to gw to figure out how to mess up the land raider even when it's fairly decent otherwise 

Hm if true, telemon's guns look the other way around? 

Poor saggitarum... 

Aquilons fists look good. 

Caladius with Arachnus looks, eh, ok? 

A lot depends on points I guess. 

someone put the data in excel 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vQYuJeugtikoPx9lu6ZzmdEDPQ1KZOTqu_yoUozchwASui3IWbrJ5dcGntafqkmzz5vP5Efkq96HBD2/pubhtml?fbclid=IwAR16NtlDkQyUKJ3I3Wwok4tTiRlWtBwKpean5Y4tBpYy-62nYA0qPMhLtfw

Edited by Balerion84

2 hours ago, Balerion84 said:

Hm if true, telemon's guns look the other way around? 

Poor saggitarum... 

Aquilons fists look good. 

Caladius with Arachnus looks, eh, ok? 

A lot depends on points I guess 

Caladius with Arachnus guns is filling a gap in the Custodes line-up. I can see it being taken even if it’s slightly overpriced. 

Most of the other guns have an anti (heavy) infantry role, something that Custodes are already good at. 

I’m a bit disappointed about the Telemon fist; would have loved to see a sweep / strike profile. Also I expected the Aquillon fists to be a bit better than normal power fists. 

Yeah I hope Caladius won't be overpriced. 

Still hoping that Coronus and Orion/Ares will be good, would really like to play with those. Orion letting disembarking units to charge after advance? That looks good if true. I'm hoping it's true and that the Coronus gets the same rule. That'd be pretty nice.

Venatari with Lances looks interesting. I have mine with bucklers of course, so depending on points, might have to print some new ones with lances. 

Telemon's Arachnus doesn't look right. 6/-1/1? Hmm Same for Palas, Arachnus is supposed to be AT weapon, no? Looks too weak.

Edited by Balerion84