=] Call to Arms: Chaos Stronghold [=

1 hour ago, sitnam said:

Nice:cool:. If I am correct, since he is a Big’Un does this mean I can complete a third smaller vow if I have the chance? 

Correct :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Cpt.Danjou said:

Changed to two points, and I changed the horror unit to 5 points from 10, as a unit is only worth 5, even if it is minimum 10 models. I don't mind as Horrors are rather quick to paint.  :)

Cpt.Danjou

Seeker is 2pts, Horrors 1pt each, so 12pt Vow.

@Grotsmasha I'd like to vow the following dark mech (for the age of darkness traitors) but not sure if I have the correct points for them. Please can you advise?

1 Magos on abeyant 5pts

1 Magos 5pts

3 Myrmidon secutors 2pts each (6pts)

3 thallax 2pts each (9pts)

3 castellax 3pts each (9pts)

35pts total. 

These are all going in as part of the conversion comp too. 

Thanks

PXL_20230904_211740317.jpg

Edited by Dwango
Can't add up

I tried hard and was doing well until I had a purple paint mishap, which may have put me firmly on the side of fliptops. Anyway I still don't have any more models done but I update my blog and this thread. I'll not be getting much done this week, but I'll try to make a late push. It will require more painting after work, as just painting on the weekend isn't going to be enough. I may have to resort to heavy caffeine usage. 

3 hours ago, Muskie said:

I tried hard and was doing well until I had a purple paint mishap, which may have put me firmly on the side of fliptops

Yup, paint drying in the nozzle is a problem with the dropper bottles. An old airbrush needle (or something similar) is quite useful for clearing any blockages. :smile: 

A Tuesday report in and to recap, as Monday was part of my weekend due to Labour Day and I was busy painting.  We are now in September and in the final stretches - less than one month left!

Long weekend here, which let me get two more possessed painted.  Light's not the best (had to take the pictures inside after dark), hopefully will have better ones when the unit is based - so hopefully next weekend.

EO4efPd.jpg

With my birdy boy, I'm happy with the paint job, though less so with the posing - which is why I had to take 2 photos to give a good idea of what he actually looks like.

ZCNQyhZ.jpg

kRqqgWK.jpg

And now for the weekly recap.

@crimsondave - Your Abbadon is fantastic - a perfect capper to an excellent vow.  You thinking of slipping a few more models in before the end?

@Cpt.Danjou - I see you changed your mind about not having any more painting in you for the event.  Look forward to seeing your completed demons.

@Brother Captain Arkley - That terminator lord has to the fastest turnaround of any vow this Call to Arms (at least for chaos) and is gorgeous.

@legoman - Your venomcrawler is phenomenal, and other than your guardsmen currently leaking milk like Bishop from Aliens, I wouldn't have known it wasn't done without you saying so.  Looking forward to seeing how you do your renegade guard.

@spiros14 - Your warpsmith looks great and your predator is really coming along - those stripes are super impressive.

@Tallarn Commander - Your chosen are really coming along - the yellow was quite a surprise, given your usual colours, but looks nice.

@Trixie - Your bikes look really nice and your striping is super crisp.  And as for the slowest painter, well... I certainly am giving you a run for the money (I'm averaging 1 model a week so far).

@Dwango - Welcome to the stronghold!  Those dark mechanicus look fantastic - I particularly like the guy on the platform.  I expect you to give all the other conversion contest participants (myself included) a real run for the money.  What parts did you use for the platform guy's chaos ring and its legs?

@Boc - Your tyrant is really coming along, and its good to see you took my advice and now have that table horizontal. :kiss:

@Muskie - Sorry about your paint mishap, hopefully it doesn't derail the progress you have been making.

@Celtic_cauldron - You had mentioned a second vow - how is the prep for that coming along?

Haven't heard from the following this week: @gaurdian31@sitnam@Brother Argent@renegadeguard@Valkia the Bloody@Metzombie,  and @Teetengee - Come on by and let us know how we can keep you encouraged!

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

I'm still around, sorcerer still hasn't shown up so I may need to consider something else. No group shot yet, the weekend was super busy so didn't get a chance to. Hopefully will get one tonight after work. Everyone is doing a great job and completing some lovely minis! Good work all!

37 minutes ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

A Tuesday report in and to recap, as Monday was part of my weekend due to Labour Day and I was busy painting.  We are now in September and in the final stretches - less than one month left!

Long weekend here, which let me get two more possessed painted.  Light's not the best (had to take the pictures inside after dark), hopefully will have better ones when the unit is based - so hopefully next weekend.

EO4efPd.jpg

With my birdy boy, I'm happy with the paint job, though less so with the posing - which is why I had to take 2 photos to give a good idea of what he actually looks like.

ZCNQyhZ.jpg

kRqqgWK.jpg

And now for the weekly recap.

@crimsondave - Your Abbadon is fantastic - a perfect capper to an excellent vow.  You thinking of slipping a few more models in before the end?

@Cpt.Danjou - I see you changed your mind about not having any more painting in you for the event.  Look forward to seeing your completed demons.

@Brother Captain Arkley - That terminator lord has to the fastest turnaround of any vow this Call to Arms (at least for chaos) and is gorgeous.

@legoman - Your venomcrawler is phenomenal, and other than your guardsmen currently leaking milk like Bishop from Aliens, I wouldn't have known it wasn't done without you saying so.  Looking forward to seeing how you do your renegade guard.

@spiros14 - Your warpsmith looks great and your predator is really coming along - those stripes are super impressive.

@Tallarn Commander - Your chosen are really coming along - the yellow was quite a surprise, given your usual colours, but looks nice.

@Trixie - Your bikes look really nice and your striping is super crisp.  And as for the slowest painter, well... I certainly am giving you a run for the money (I'm averaging 1 model a week so far).

@Dwango - Welcome to the stronghold!  Those dark mechanicus look fantastic - I particularly like the guy on the platform.  I expect you to give all the other conversion contest participants (myself included) a real run for the money.  What parts did you use for the platform guy's chaos ring and its legs?

@Boc - Your tyrant is really coming along, and its good to see you took my advice and now have that table horizontal. :kiss:

@Muskie - Sorry about your paint mishap, hopefully it doesn't derail the progress you have been making.

@Celtic_cauldron - You had mentioned a second vow - how is the prep for that coming along?

Haven't heard from the following this week: @gaurdian31@sitnam@Brother Argent@renegadeguard@Valkia the Bloody@Metzombie,  and @Teetengee - Come on by and let us know how we can keep you encouraged!

Thanks as usual for the recap and kind words. 

Your possessed look great, bird boy is very creepy. Reminded me of the weird daemon thing from C S Lewis' The Last Battle.

Screenshot_20230905_182849_Chrome.jpg

@Dr_Ruminahui  I do plan to add a few more things in.  I have 4 non-British rhinos I now see why I picked up on the cheap.  If they go together OK I'll paint those up for my Black Legion.  I plan to go out to the shop this evening and inventory what I have left that I think I could work in without too much stress.

I absolutely love your possessed.  The top one with the old school keeper vibes reminds me of the model that got me into Warhammer.  Had to be 89-90  I became friends with another kid who had an old school bull head Keeper of Secrets lead model.  He had added this gold chain earring that really put it over the top.  Great work for a kid who was like 13.  I was all in for Tolkien at that point so it was High Elves/Wood Elves for me but a Slaanesh model got me to notice the hobby.

Cheers @Dr_Ruminahui! I have another entry via the xenos forum too. A Munda vehicle. I like it how an event coincides with what you have planned!

I've taken a close up of the Magos. It's loads of parts. Necron Spyder, staff and arm, random metal tail, Blackstone fortress psyker some mec bits and the axe head from the new warpsmith. The ring is from a aos/old world chaos alter thing. Good source of bits!

PXL_20230905_214300104.jpg

7 hours ago, Dwango said:

I've taken a close up of the Magos. It's loads of parts. Necron Spyder, staff and arm, random metal tail, Blackstone fortress psyker some mec bits and the axe head from the new warpsmith. The ring is from a aos/old world chaos alter thing. Good source of bits!

That's a really cool conversion, really cool.

Great news brothers, I have completed my Predator and have now netted us twenty points!

I'm really happy with how the stripes look on the model. I do think the top turret is kind of dark, and I did try and offset that with the transfers along it as well as a striped ammo bin, but I think the next time I'll be going with a brighter silver.

large.FinishedAnnihilator1.jpg.f59681ed4fb075a659bbae95b77ee469.jpg

large.FinishedAnnihilator2.jpg.087ffefaa810a8e4f3adf017b3261517.jpg

Because I'm a glutton for punishment, here's another vow for me to get done before the end of the month:

I, Spiros14, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint seven cultists for 7 points for the Glory of Heretic Astartes and the Chaos Stronghold on or before 30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end.

large.SeptemberVow.jpg.94b96569c898b47194bfaeb18e86fdb7.jpg

Let's squeeze some last month points!

Sounds like my sorcerer is in so I am going to pick up after work. Should be able to get it built and vowed by tomorrow.

"I, gaurdian31, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint Master of Possession, Chaos Lord and Sorcerer for 15 points for the Glory of Heretic Astartes and the Chaos Stronghold on or before30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end.

Spoiler

large.Vow2-SeptemberVow.jpg.19f252f4f992

Decided to add the MoP anyway. 

Edited by gaurdian31
Edited to not double post.

I’ve been building models all week trying to see what that hurricane is going to do.  I have to start painting though if I’m gonna do a third vow so I’m going to risk that they’re right and it’s gonna turn north.

I, crimsondave, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint 4 Black Legion Rhinos, 1 Black Legion Helbrute, 1 Black Legion Demon Prince, 1 Iron Warriors Chaos Lord (kitbash of one of Majorkill’s minis,) and 1 Fabius Bile and acolyte for 39 points for the glory of the Iron Warriors.  Iron within.

Spoiler

IMG_0253.thumb.jpeg.f85c6a2d81df8f0ff78c95b2f89344a1.jpegIMG_0252.thumb.jpeg.a8a9d8cf790854ec5d9858e44a6996a6.jpegIMG_0251.thumb.jpeg.ef441f233f5750dd4382e901554972ae.jpeg

12 hours ago, renegadeguard said:

I have completed my second vow! 10 mutantchans for the glory of chaos! 

Hide contents

lowerquality.thumb.jpg.1b69d27b73eb146beb528e8c6f16ca06.jpg

I love your creepy mutant force

I’ve finally gotten most of the base colors done for my Bull of Change

Spoiler
Spoiler

IMG_5559.jpeg

Spoiler

IMG_5558.jpeg

Edited by sitnam

Great work everybody!

I admire all your dedication and all this creativity.

I am sad to report I will very likely NOT manage to finish my pledge.

Too much heavy stuff turned up in the real life and work has been a female dog. I am also away on holiday to Italy now.

So I am pretty much now admitting defeat by unforeseen enemy and already accept my badge of dishonor.

I however hope I can pledge the terrain and units I pledged here on a later day, probably in the 12 months of hobby, come October / November.

So sadly, my Night Lord forces cannot join this crusade, because they were waylaid by another chaotic enemy (or maybe, they found better prey elsewehere).

I, Boc, heed the Call to Arms and make a second pledge to paint 10 Cultists and 32 Accursed Cultists for 42pts for the Glory of the Heretic Astartes and Chaos Stronghold on or before September 2023, or bear the badge of failure until year's end. We'll see if I get to the oblits and Forgefiend

20230910_193628.thumb.jpg.faafbd7bdd1c7ab45fb1d30b67563e32.jpg

20230914_124543.jpg

Edited by Boc
Updated pledge, points increased from 27 to 42

Actually reporting in on Sunday for once, as I was able to finish up my correct models in time to get it in on the actual weekend.

Just under 3 weeks left!  Revows are always welcome, but remember to vow conservatively so you don't lose the value of what you have already painted if you can't get it done on time.

Finished the last guy of my second possessed squad - "Hopper" - and got the squad based up.

Here's Hopper.

oPY00y5.jpg

And the rest of his mates, who you've already seen but without the bases done.

Squad leader "Keeper"

Ze0kYnh.jpg

The other 3 goaty boys, who are as of yet unnamed.

vdpe6yY.jpg

WERGAAp.jpgPCqXb0p.jpg

And crowd favorite, "Bird Boy"

z2P1aCc.jpg

And here is a group shot:

9B1VDS1.jpg

Finally, the very first primaris marine I've ever painted - I think I'll go share him in the Imperial Stronghold.  :biggrin:

oABF6r1.jpg

Thanks for the kind words, @legoman, and @crimsondave - glad you like them and think they are suitably creepy. :)  legoman, you are right he does look like the CS Lewis art.

And now for the weekly recap - great to see all the completed vows!

@crimsondave - Looking forward to seeing your last vow getting done - I'm sure it will be fantastic like the rest of your stuff.  I know this isn't an official thing, but at least in my mind you'll be the "2023 Chaos Lord of Tanks".

@spiros14 - Your predator is fantastic - I was thinking, if you wanted to add some detail to the turret, you could maybe add a thin white stripe or two going from the gun back to the hatch or the rear of the turret.  Look forward to seeing how you do the cultists.

@Dwango - Thanks for showing the close ups and listing the parts you used.  Manage to get any paint on them yet?

@gaurdian31 - Thanks for the group shot - they all look great together.  Look forward to seeing your trio of characters take shape.  I think that's our 4th hammer lord of the event, and the second with a non-standard head.

@Cpt.Danjou - Good start on Snow white and the 7 dwarves 10 smurfs :smile:.

@renegadeguard - Love your mutantchans - particularly those with insect heads, they are super creepy.  Oh, and the guy in the big red cap with the toothy grin - where's his head from?

@sitnam - Real good start on your Pounder of Secets!

@Boc - Your tyrant is fantastic - I think he's my favorite of yours so far, and they are all so good.  Any chance of a family photo with the 3 together?  And a very ambitious bid as well - be interesting to seeing some stuff in your colours that isn't huge. :biggrin:

@Valkia the Bloody - Thanks for letting us know that life got in the way of your vow - which is a good way of ensuring that I don't pester you.  :smile:

Lots of people silent this week - hopefully they are all busy beavering away at their painting.  @Brother Captain Arkley@Tallarn Commander@Trixie@Muskie

@Brother Argent@Metzombie,  and @Teetengee - Come on by and let us know how we can keep you encouraged!

I painted diligently this weekend. Never finished a single model. I really think I'm headed for shame, as the next two model also have a lot of detail. They are primed Wraithbone so we'll see if I can contrast paint the heck out of them. 

4 minutes ago, Muskie said:

These look really good. I gotta paint more cultists eventually.

This was my seven hundred and seventy seventh post on the Bolter and Chainsword, Nurgle be praised.