=] Call to Arms: Chaos Stronghold [=

1 hour ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

@Boc , haven't heard from you this week, come let us know how you are doing.

All sub assemblies for the Cerastus Lancer are finally put together and all have been primed. Tomorrow should be a ton of preshading before moving on to the next bit. Optimistically I'll finish the first knight by next Sunday

1 hour ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

Your discolord looks very nice - what kit(s) is it kitbashed with?  I particularly like his hand flamer.

Its kind of a hodgepodge of Tzeentch bits. Spare monster arms are from the Mutalith, spare Screamer tail, a flamer face, and the hand flamer is either from the Rubric or TS Sorcerer kit. 

I never finished them, but I will finish the Nurglings soon. I am working towards my dream of a sea of Nurglings. I didn't get to field them today, but I am undefeated in tenth edition, take that Internet. When must my vow be completed by? Is it the end of September?

8 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

@Brother Captain Arkley - Nice work on the Primarch, it turned out great and basically took you no time at all.  What bits is he made out of?ard from you this week, come let us know how you are doing.

Purely 3d printed. Will be back here with tiny tanks for Sons of Horus soon

@Dr_Ruminahui we're a bit overwhelmed with rescued hoglets at the moment but I got to this stage yesterday. Monday and Tuesday are my TTRPG days so don't expect much actual painting until the middle of the week.

IMG_20230724_120121.jpg

Some more great completions!

@Dr_Ruminahui  I am getting through the havocs right now. I have the Havoc Champion complete and just a little more detail work to go then off to the Legionnaire squad. I am saving the Dark Apostle and friends for last as I am most excited to paint them meaning they will be my little treat at the end of this vow.

"I, Spiros14, heed the Call to Arms and pledge to paint four legionnaires, three havocs, four gallowdark walls and a predator for 20 pts for the Glory of Heretic Astartes and the Chaos Stronghold on or before30th September, 2023 or bear the badge of failure until years end."

All of this is for a siege project I'm planning. Thanks to Dr_Ruminahui for alerting me to this event! I hope to get this and more done for the glory of chaos!

large.FirstVow.jpg.50ace1e31218fa4581fa8f2544150a11.jpg

I, Celtic_Cauldron, heed the Call to Arms and pledges Mortarion, Abaddon the Despoiler, 1 Spartan and 5 Chaos Terminators, for a total of 33 points and the Glory of the Heretic Astartes forum and the Chaos Stronghold.

This will be completed on or before September 30th and failure is not an option.

20230610.jpg

20230611.jpg

Abaddon is on sprue.

Celtic_Cauldron 

Edited by Celtic_cauldron
Add pictures

Ok, so I flubbed the Aspiring Champion model to the point I don’t want to deal with it.  I tried a method of 3 sprays for quick shading and it was a disaster.  To the strip box.

I was able to use a 3d printed body and the sorcerer bits from my Terminator Lord to make a Terminator Sorcerer.  We can leave the points as is since I flubbed the aspiring champion.

Would it be ok if I sub this for it…..

IMG_0104.thumb.jpeg.3972c6322f2831fc90fecf784ac9b994.jpeg

I have completed my Nurgling. I will probably paint another one as we are playing larger games or at least I have agree to play 1500 points in a few hours, so the sea of Nurglings is rising. 

53081621299_051bb2d7f5_z.jpgMy B&C Nurgling by Andrew McKay, on Flickr

6 hours ago, renegadeguard said:

Also, can't seem to get the participation banner to fit in my signature. It says it's too big? 

Could you describe the method you're using to add the image to your Sig?  I've had another mention this issue, but cannot replicate it, I've been able to add all three of the badges to my own.

6 hours ago, Grotsmasha said:

Could you describe the method you're using to add the image to your Sig?  I've had another mention this issue, but cannot replicate it, I've been able to add all three of the badges to my 

I download the image, then upload it to my signature. It says that it's too big in pixels, but I tried resizing it to 99 x 198 and it still says it's too big

27 minutes ago, renegadeguard said:

I download the image, then upload it to my signature. It says that it's too big in pixels, but I tried resizing it to 99 x 198 and it still says it's too big

Try using multiple tabs, and "copy" "paste" the image into your signature, this method works for me :thumbsup:

Got my first squad of possesseds based, so they are now completely done.

PapoLYC.jpg

If you are so enclined, you can see individual photos of the models here.

Other than that, I disappointingly don't have much to report on my end - all of my vowed models now have at least their armour colours blocked in, and I'm plugging away at Lucius, but didn't get him finished like I hoped.  Need to pick things up if I'm going to finish my vow on time.

@Plaguecaster - Your Greater Unclean One is great! Look forward to seeing the predator.

@Cpt.Danjou - I like your start on your termies and MoE!

@crimsondave - Your termie lord and leviathan are both gorgeous - its amazing how quickly you can crank out such good looking models.  If you haven't heard back from Grotsmasha about swapping the termie sorceror in, you should message him.

@Cactus - Looks like you are almost ready to paint!  Hopefully you'll have everything set up and be in a place to do so soon.

@sitnam - More Tzeenchy goodness!  Particularly interested in seeing what you do with the beastigors.

@gaurdian31 - How are your havocs coming along?

@Boc - Nice to see your knights underway - I'm really excited to see how the Lancer comes out, what you've shown so far looks great, especially the lance and shield.

@spiros14 - Good to see you join!  Particularly interested in seeing what you do with the 30K predator.

@Celtic_cauldron - Nice beginning vow. - you've certainly got your work cutout for you, with so many large and centrepiece models.

@Muskie - I like your nurglings - making one a brighter colour is a nice touch.

@renegadeguard - Your possessed russ is fantastic and creepy - your paint job has definitely done your excellent conversion justice.

@Brother Captain Arkley - Think you will make another vow?

@legoman@Tallarn Commander@Trixie@Teetengee, and  @Brother Argent haven't heard from you this week, come let us know how you are doing.  For some of you, we haven't heard from you since your vow back at the beginning - let us know if there is anyway we can help keep you enthusiastic and painting!

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui
Corrected mix up of members