I find it quite interesting that the new game has added so much granular detail in some areas (special rules, weapon loadouts etc) but then they stripped the Titan hit location charts out from Space Marine 2nd.

Always found that part of the game tremendous fun, as you had a good risk/reward mechanic going for exposed area and also a reward for flanking titans, getting to that exposed rear shot. So bringing back in what is effectively just an HP bar goes counter to the rest of the development of the game.

Hopefully they didn't not do it just because of the need to include the up/down and left/right dice in the pack!

These are the ones for the Reaver Titan from the previous game, for anyone not familiar with it. In practice it meant you had a real variation in the durability of Titans. I think everyone that played has that game where all of the weapons were blown off, knee joints fused, and the thing just wouldn't go down. Or in the next game a lucky shot hit the reactor which then took out half a company of marines that were stood too close nearby..

20231123_102714.JPG

20231123_102725.JPG

30 minutes ago, Pacific81 said:

I find it quite interesting that the new game has added so much granular detail in some areas (special rules, weapon loadouts etc) but then they stripped the Titan hit location charts out from Space Marine 2nd.

Always found that part of the game tremendous fun, as you had a good risk/reward mechanic going for exposed area and also a reward for flanking titans, getting to that exposed rear shot. So bringing back in what is effectively just an HP bar goes counter to the rest of the development of the game.

Hopefully they didn't not do it just because of the need to include the up/down and left/right dice in the pack!

In a way this gives me hope: by keeping away from the design space of Adeptus Titanicus, it should let that game continue on life support?

9 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Time to invest in Aircraft until the Titan Hunting Tanks come out

Thats one way to sell shadowswords :)

On Titan damage tables, getting behind them at least means they cant shoot back, so theres some utility in outflanking/infiltrating/devastator drop pods

Edited by Dark Shepherd

11 minutes ago, LameBeard said:

In a way this gives me hope: by keeping away from the design space of Adeptus Titanicus, it should let that game continue on life support?

Well we know it is carrying on on "life support" as titans and knights have their command terminals included in the box. For example, the Warlord:

This model can be used in games of Legions Imperialis, as well as games of Adeptus Titanicus using the included Adeptus Titanicus Command Terminal.

Questoris Knights:

These models can be used in games of Legions Imperialis, as well as games of Adeptus Titanicus using the included Adeptus Titanicus Command Terminal.

And so on! Different weapons have included weapon cards, and so on.

Seems like they are doing everything right to keep AT functioning, especially as the cards and rules are all available too.

Edited by Petitioner's City

25 minutes ago, LameBeard said:

Ah I hadn't considered that, that could certainly explain why they didn't use the hit charts.

Although, that's an immediate and simple house-rule for me as far as I'm concerned :)

Got some more pics, including weapons stats and stuff for marines (kinda sour the 4 Preds i have have autos with a pretty junky looking profile but there's also a predator lascannon in the rules):

received_1290563751646925.jpeg

received_1524975954989888.jpeg

received_362819516415731.jpeg

received_1557215245020594.jpeg

received_658497763130684.jpeg

received_671914961426161.jpeg

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

1 hour ago, Dark Shepherd said:

On Titan damage tables, getting behind them at least means they cant shoot back, so theres some utility in outflanking/infiltrating/devastator drop pods

2 hours ago, Pacific81 said:

Also while its not even close to a full chart like those there is at least a rule for rear armour in LI:

If you shoot at a Vehicle/Knight/Titan from their rear arc improve your AP by 1. This takes place after other modifiers so a Light AT weapon which would normally be reduced to 0 gets back up to -1 this way. (This does not help hitting void shields which are immune to AP0 weapons as the AP isn't improved when firing at void shields)

Edited by Matrindur

41 minutes ago, Valkyrion said:

Close combat is bugging me out again.

The biggest chainsword in the game, the desolator, rolls 3D6+18, but can only do 3 wounds, and then only to the biggest stuff? So it can't one shot Kratos? 

Warmaster is an anti titan titan. Take a pike for killing boar. Now hunt mice with it. 

20 minutes ago, Nagashsnee said:

That a bad example, a good one would using a RPG to hunt mice. Overkill? Yes ! Effective? Also yes. If it can kill a knight it can kill a kratos. 

Not necessarily. You have to take into account all the variables in the equation. Like the pike is an example. But take into account that the chainsword is on a super big guy which is slow compared to the (relative) agile tank which is on the ground etc... The game disigner made a choice, that's it. 

I understand the mouse and boar analogy, but you can use a pike to kill a mouse. You can't use a desolator chainsword to kill a kratos. 

Whether it should be attacking it in the first place is one thing, but once it wants to then it should be able to and it can't.

4 hours ago, LameBeard said:

By the Gods I hope so. Legions Imperialis seems like a lot of fun, but Titanicus is amazing. I would hate to see it die off in favor of LI. 

12 minutes ago, Black Cohort said:

Didn't we get the Dracosian article after the pre-order?

Nope, it was last week HH thursday.

43 minutes ago, matcap86 said:

Oh comeon, we probably have had all the articles they had lined up until 2025 shown. Give them (and regular sized HH) a break. 

I know, but as always when you preorder things, you are impatient. And 2 weeks....it is so long. (just kidding, waited 20 years) 

6 hours ago, Petitioner's City said:

Well we know it is carrying on on "life support" as titans and knights have their command terminals included in the box. For example, the Warlord:

Questoris Knights:

And so on! Different weapons have included weapon cards, and so on.

Seems like they are doing everything right to keep AT functioning, especially as the cards and rules are all available too.

Yeah I just worry about being on borrowed time. Most GW games don’t last 3 years on one rule set, and I think this is a good one. I’m so close to being able to field a proper maniple, not just having mini-games!

3 hours ago, Valkyrion said:

I understand the mouse and boar analogy, but you can use a pike to kill a mouse. You can't use a desolator chainsword to kill a kratos. 

Whether it should be attacking it in the first place is one thing, but once it wants to then it should be able to and it can't.

in old full scale 40k, titan melee weapons could only be used against large targets because it physically couldn't reach down and hit smaller ones, or if it did bend over it would render itself too vunerable and it would probably take so long the intended target would just move away, carapace weapons were simularly limited as to what they could target close up.

you try and damage something you can only reach with the very end of a knife, you can do it, but not very well

So apparently the warp missile is a bit bonkers and kinda removes larger titans as a viability.

The warp rule allegedly gives you as many attacks as the target has wounds and pierces void shields. It then hits on a 2+, is -3 to saves and...engine killer 3. So a warmaster with 7 wounds is getting hit 6 times, failing 3 saves and suffering 9 wounds. 

Kinda unfortunate if true.