59 minutes ago, Mandragola said:

There are no AT cards in the box. We checked as loads of the GH guys play AT. We'd have loved to do an article on them.

I'm assuming we'll see a downloadable resource at some point, or perhaps a new version of the weapon card pack.

I just checked out the re-packaged sunfury Warlord on the GW site. Apparently it includes:

- 1x Warlord Battle Titan
- 1x sunfury plasma annihilator
- 1x Arioch power claw
- 1x set of paired laser blasters
- 1x Legions Imperialis 120mm Oval Base
- 1x Adeptus Titanicus Warlord Titan Transfer Sheet
- 1x Adeptus Titanicus Warlord TItan Command Terminal
- 7x Warlord Titan Weapon Cards

That's an improvement as Warlords never used to come with terminals or weapon cards. You had to buy them separately and they weren't cheap. I imagine the re-packaged Warhounds will come with them too, and cards for the new guns, though nobody will want to buy that pack because we'll all be swimming in Warhounds by that point.

Interestingly the Acastus terminals are now showing as "sold out online" rather than temporarily out of stock. Is there hope they'll get revised rules for AT? Don't hold your breath!

All repackaged Titans and Knights are now coming with both terminals and weapon cards where needed which wasn't the case before. Another example that didn't have the terminals in the box before are the Questoris Knights.

The only release that doesn't have them is the Warhounds in the LI starter because that is specifically targeted at Legions Imperialis players in the same way the AT starter doesn't come with the LI bases because its specifically targeted at Adeptus Titanicus. Whenever the Warhounds will be released individually they will very likely also have terminals and weapon cards in the box.

What doesn't seem to be the case is including every weapon card for the chassis as the warlord has more than 7 weapons. Since both plastic warlords come with 7 cards that should mean its just the plastic weapons from both kits with two cards for the Plasma Annihilator and the Volcano Cannons each.

Same for the Reavers which come with 8 cards which should be each plastic weapon once, as each weapon is also only included once per kit

Edited by Matrindur

3 minutes ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

They'll have just made a single cardstock order for '[X titan] plastic weapon cards' and then dumped one in every pack. It's easier to do than having different cardstock prints for each variety of each titan. 

Very likely that, should also mean that warhounds will come with all their weapon cards even if they are sold as two versions.

Just wished they would have also included all the resin weapons for the warlord and reaver

8 hours ago, Burni said:

Huh so there’s no AT weapon cards in the box? That’s annoying. A melta AT warhound has got the potential to be a nasty little engine killer but will have to wait for the rules I guess. Not as bothered about the missile pod as it’s unlikely to out do the VMB for striping shields.

Also these two week preorder periods are a killer - I want my mini tanks!!

I’m wondering if they’ll update the Warhound Card Pack with the new weaponry. I would like to see all of the FW weapons added for all of the chassis’ because honestly I hate having the flimsy card backing from the packages for them now. 

Hey all, long time no browse :P

This game has me intrigued so ive been skimming over the latter pages of this thread, the leaked pages, the cheat sheet, various vids and the articles that have been posted but i was wondering about some stuff that someone here might have answers to:

How close do individual models (the term they use for a base or vehicle) need to be for coherence? 2"?

Is there a difference for larger things/Superheavies/Titans that can come in multiples within a detachment, like Baneblades or Warhounds?

I read the cheat sheet saying models with the independent rule can have orders different from the nonindependent models in a detachment, maintain 2" coherency to other independent models and 6" coherency to the nonindependent models.

How does that translate to something like Knight Household Lances?

Say we have 2 Knight with an added Armiger Talon.

The Knights have Independent, the Armigers do not.

Do the Knights then keep 2" of each other, the Armigers 2" of each other and the two groups 6" of each other?

With the starting out list im looking at im thinking the HQ and 2xCore detachments of my Demi-Company will get Rhinos, for now im not looking to include termies or assault marines in those detachment but:
Can parts of a detachment go in transports?

Say if a core detachment of Legion Tacticals that has had Terminators or Assault Marines added to it:

Do the Terminators run or Assault Marines jump (within 6" due to independent) along outside the Rhinos or is a detachment barred from using transports that can not fit all of it?

Could the Terminator models use Deep Strike to arrive in coherence with the rest of the detachment later on?

Or get separated into what is effectively their own detachment?

Or would they be barred from using the rule if every model of the detachment does not have it?

(The cheat sheet mentions getting to set up models within 2" of already placed but that scattering should happen before then so maybe a no?)

How/When does (dis)embarking from/to transports happen?

What happens to the occupants if a transport vehicle is destroyed?

Does it differ when the transport is a flyer?

(i expect they might just die with the overall deadliness of the game but i havnt seen it mentioned)

If death isnt instant upon a transport being destroyed: what happens if my detachment of 10 models/bases of Legion Tacticals riding in 5 Rhinos have one or two Go Boom? Do survivors run along the Rhinos to keep up with the rest of their detachment still riding?

Thanks!

Edited by Wurrkop

6 hours ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

Someones gone and made an initial list builder. A little visually cluttered, but helps actually plan out what you have/are planning to buy.

https://legionbuilder.vercel.app/builder

Thanks, this looks quite helpful. Is it complete? If so, it’s bringing home to me how few units have rules in the core book. I’m a bit disappointed - I had to buy 3 huge hardbacks just to play marines vs. marines in 30k, I was hoping this system would be a bit more stand-alone. I guess that was a fool’s hope.

23 minutes ago, Noserenda said:

Yeah, sadly they profit from books and dont like providing rules for models they arent releasing imminently. At least we are getting rules in books this time rather than hidden away with the product like half of Titanicus! 

Yeah but no Land Raiders? I feel cheated. What do my terminators have to do, walk like plebs?

1 hour ago, LameBeard said:

Thanks, this looks quite helpful. Is it complete? If so, it’s bringing home to me how few units have rules in the core book. I’m a bit disappointed - I had to buy 3 huge hardbacks just to play marines vs. marines in 30k, I was hoping this system would be a bit more stand-alone. I guess that was a fool’s hope.

I haven't gone through it all, but ya theres not much in terms of initial release per faction. A few different types of infantry, a few different vehicles, a few different flyers and that's basically what you choose for initial variety. 

If I'm not wrong Terminators can deepstrike, or ride in a THawk for now. But ya, they're definitely trying to get people running out to buy some and then later the land Raiders/Spartans. 

Edited by SkimaskMohawk

Well I caved today.  I knew I was going to do LI but a place offered me an extra discount so I ordered another starter, rhinos, baneblades, and krytos.  Plan to get more stuff once I read the rules.  I think having two starters will give me a lot more flexibility.  Maybe once I get it all I will do some battle reports.

9 hours ago, Wurrkop said:

Hey all, long time no browse :P

This game has me intrigued so ive been skimming over the latter pages of this thread, the leaked pages, the cheat sheet, various vids and the articles that have been posted but i was wondering about some stuff that someone here might have answers to:

How close do individual models (the term they use for a base or vehicle) need to be for coherence? 2"?

Is there a difference for larger things/Superheavies/Titans that can come in multiples within a detachment, like Baneblades or Warhounds?

I read the cheat sheet saying models with the independent rule can have orders different from the nonindependent models in a detachment, maintain 2" coherency to other independent models and 6" coherency to the nonindependent models.

How does that translate to something like Knight Household Lances?

Say we have 2 Knight with an added Armiger Talon.

The Knights have Independent, the Armigers do not.

Do the Knights then keep 2" of each other, the Armigers 2" of each other and the two groups 6" of each other?

With the starting out list im looking at im thinking the HQ and 2xCore detachments of my Demi-Company will get Rhinos, for now im not looking to include termies or assault marines in those detachment but:
Can parts of a detachment go in transports?

Say if a core detachment of Legion Tacticals that has had Terminators or Assault Marines added to it:

Do the Terminators run or Assault Marines jump (within 6" due to independent) along outside the Rhinos or is a detachment barred from using transports that can not fit all of it?

Could the Terminator models use Deep Strike to arrive in coherence with the rest of the detachment later on?

Or get separated into what is effectively their own detachment?

Or would they be barred from using the rule if every model of the detachment does not have it?

(The cheat sheet mentions getting to set up models within 2" of already placed but that scattering should happen before then so maybe a no?)

How/When does (dis)embarking from/to transports happen?

What happens to the occupants if a transport vehicle is destroyed?

Does it differ when the transport is a flyer?

(i expect they might just die with the overall deadliness of the game but i havnt seen it mentioned)

If death isnt instant upon a transport being destroyed: what happens if my detachment of 10 models/bases of Legion Tacticals riding in 5 Rhinos have one or two Go Boom? Do survivors run along the Rhinos to keep up with the rest of their detachment still riding?

Thanks!

Hi!  Not sure anybody directly answered any of this.  I think there is a lot of it we just don’t know yet.  I’ll see if I can comment.

I believe coherency is either 1” or 2” from each other.  Must measure to two other models.  Independent parts of the detachment can be 6” away from the main part but must be coheriant together.  I think this applies to vehicles.

for your knight example, I believe the knights would have to be 6” and the ammeters then 2” of their assigned knight.  But until I see the rule book, I can’t be sure

i dont think we know enough about transports yet to answer most of your questions.  I expect that omly the whole detachment can use a transport.  So if you have terminators, better call a thunderhawk.  I also suspect only real full terminator support detachments (not upgrades added to a tactical detachment) can use the deep strike rules.  I expect that to be universal.

all good questions and hopefully we will know the answers on the second.

3 hours ago, LameBeard said:

Yeah but no Land Raiders? I feel cheated. What do my terminators have to do, walk like plebs?

Which is funny because they literally previewed both Spartans and Land Raiders and yet they don’t even have rules in the book. Extremely baffling to me, you’d think they would be releasing those soon as well and would have just included the rules in the BRB. 

It’s going to be a bit frustrating if they release an Expansion a month after the game is released. 

21 minutes ago, DuskRaider said:

Which is funny because they literally previewed both Spartans and Land Raiders and yet they don’t even have rules in the book. Extremely baffling to me, you’d think they would be releasing those soon as well and would have just included the rules in the BRB. 

It’s going to be a bit frustrating if they release an Expansion a month after the game is released. 

That's the point they wouldn't have been previewed before the initial launch, its only due to the delays that we already got shown so much before the core book was even out. The Dire Wolfs and the two support boxes are the only additional reveals in the book and all three where shown until the start of August where the game was supposed to launch. The next reveal are the Medusa/Basilisk on the 24th August which was likely meant to be after the launch so the start of expansion stuff.

For most of their games GW doesn't release any rules before the models are revealed, otherwise you would know what is coming and maybe not buy stuff now. The rules for all that stuff are obviously already finished and there are even special rules in the core book nobody uses which are obviously for future stuff (one rule even mentions another special rule not in the book which is likely about Mechanicum) 

But since nothing except the support boxes were supposed to be revealed for the initial book release they aren't be in the book.

Edited by Matrindur

4 hours ago, Matrindur said:

For most of their games GW doesn't release any rules before the models are revealed, otherwise you would know what is coming and maybe not buy stuff now.

It is also the case that some kits have come with their rules in their boxes.

Between the units in the starter box and main book there are still detachment slots that have no options.

The bikes and speeders, going by extrapolations from WD would seem to fit the Vanguard slot.

Spartans and Land Raiders could go as either tank slot or transport.

The range available in the main book is quite limited so im hoping for kit included rules, rather than a second book straight off.

Ive not kept up with regular Heresy but wasnt the latest version put out to not require masses of books, unlike the previous one?

18 minutes ago, Wurrkop said:

Between the units in the starter box and main book there are still detachment slots that have no options.

The bikes and speeders, going by extrapolations from WD would seem to fit the Vanguard slot.

Spartans and Land Raiders could go as either tank slot or transport.

The range available in the main book is quite limited so im hoping for kit included rules, rather than a second book straight off.

Ive not kept up with regular Heresy but wasnt the latest version put out to not require masses of books, unlike the previous one?

They may do it like AI and put the card on the build guide.

27 minutes ago, Wurrkop said:

Yes but still not rules before models. 

No need to extrapolate, they use the vanguard slot image as their markers on the tactical map. We also know they are very likely cavalry since other rules talk about a cavalry unit type (like infantry or vehicle) and that there will be a vanguard only formation in the expansion book as that was what they used in the battlereport to field them. Its called Sky Hunter Phalanx and since there wasn't anything else in the formation all compulsory formation slots have to be vanguard. There also was a Drop Pod assault formation that enables you to put everything in drop pods.

The next thing previewed after the support boxes which are still part of the core book are the Medusa/Basilisk and then the drop pods and fast attack stuff. We already know drop pods and the fast attack box will get their rules in the expansion from the WD and its very likely the same for the Medusa/Basilisk.

There is likely only one more preorder with the rest of the AT/AI stuff and the support boxes before its time for the expansion book.

Granted that doesn't mean we couldn't also get rules in the boxes but I wouldn't bet on it

Edited by Matrindur

11 hours ago, LameBeard said:

I agree no Land Raiders seems rather egregious. Not quite 'BMW making you pay a subscription fee for your heated seats to work' level of corporate arse-hattery but getting there. And you know the rules are just sitting there waiting.

A simple temporary fix would be to compare stat lines of predators, rhinos etc. to their SM2 statline. You could then extrapolate at least a basic Land Raider for the time being perhaps?

9 minutes ago, Pacific81 said:

I agree no Land Raiders seems rather egregious. Not quite 'BMW making you pay a subscription fee for your heated seats to work' level of corporate arse-hattery but getting there. And you know the rules are just sitting there waiting.

A simple temporary fix would be to compare stat lines of predators, rhinos etc. to their SM2 statline. You could then extrapolate at least a basic Land Raider for the time being perhaps?

Yeah I might do something like this. But I’m now on the fence with this whole game - I feel like a soap opera cliche of the woman who just keeps going back to her cheating man. Hundreds of pounds and hundreds of painting hours to get a game, when I’ve got several “half way” armies across 3 or more systems already - I have only myself to blame!

Re reading the warcom article on Land Raiders

"T get valuable troops across treacherous topography, and without hurling them from orbit, the Legiones Astartes often deployed the Land Raider Proteus...

Each box contains six miniature Land Raiders in the Explorator configuration, which means they have a chunky dozer blade at the front to crash through uneven terrain. Though conceived as an exploration vehicle and lacking the front assault ramp of their Spartan and Proteus Carrier compeers, the Explorator is nonetheless a powerful tank with armour-busting lascannon sponsons and can deploy ahead of the main lines thanks to its advanced augury scanners."

If Proteus are a separate box to avail of an assault ramp then that will be irksome