I presume reigniting Void Shields is one dice per missing shield each end phase - as in, you don't need to track which ones were lost during that turn.

e,g, my titan loses 3 void shields on turn 1. In the end phase I roll three dice and fail all of them. In the next turn the titan loses 2 more. In that turns end phase I roll 5 dice, one for each lost shield in total. Or do I only roll 2 dice to recover the voids lost during that turn?

Reach special rule:

My titan is engaged with 5models in base contact and 5 more models that are within 2", part of the combat and are themselves unpaired.

Does my titan attack all 10 models with its activation? Or is it 6 models (5 engaged plus 1 within Reach)? Or is it just the 5 I'm already engaged with?

Do the enemy models within Reach range but not in base contact add bonus dice to their CAF as though they were engaged?

42 minutes ago, Valkyrion said:

Reach special rule:

My titan is engaged with 5models in base contact and 5 more models that are within 2", part of the combat and are themselves unpaired.

Does my titan attack all 10 models with its activation? Or is it 6 models (5 engaged plus 1 within Reach)? Or is it just the 5 I'm already engaged with?

Do the enemy models within Reach range but not in base contact add bonus dice to their CAF as though they were engaged?

Well the rules say "a model with the reach trait can choose to fight other models that are not already paired off, have not fought and are in the same combat."

So its not the 6 model option. It also says "if both players have models with reach weapons the player with initiative resolves any additional fights first" so it should be all 10 models since it says additional so in addition to any normal fights. But you can choose how many you want to fight so if you only want to fight 2 addtional fights thats fine

It doesn't say anything about the extra dice in the reach rule but in the combat rules it says the opponent adds a die for each additional fight and the text above talks about additional fights so they should be getting their extra dice

(I can't wait until tomorrow when I finally get a copy of the book so I don't have to skip through youtube videos to answer these questions ^^)

Edited by Matrindur

7 minutes ago, Valkyrion said:

Apologies, @Matrindur, I thought you had the book!

No problem, if I didn't have fun I wouldn't be doing it. As someone who normally doesn't play any GW system that much and is more in it for the modelling side, I waited so long for a new epic system from GW that even skipping through videos about the rulebook is fun to me ^^

The epub is formatted really badly in some sections.

This is the tactical squad page as seen on my phone:

Screenshot_20231201-212056.thumb.png.227ac0795ff0c2002e8649b28b9aa4ee.png

The next page looks like this:

Screenshot_20231201-214442.thumb.png.0525bbf647f7443bbdba22326cc903d1.png

I can't zoom in on epub files, so that first page is useless for its purpose of showing me the rules information...

11 hours ago, Nagashsnee said:

Forget the bolters. The crests are one solid blob. Very disappointed in the marine infantry.

That how it is on all the srgs.

IMG_20231201_184109.jpg

Whoever designed these needs to be punished. Holy crap that's bad. Why did they pose them like that if they weren't going to make them multipart like I just can't get over it.  This is how gw competes with 3-d printing by making "the best miniatures in the world"... If you tried to sell something like this to hobby train enthusiast you'd go broke. Zero thought as to how the final product will look wow. And my friend was giving me crap for saying the only way I'd play Epic is if I could go all knights. This is why I will only go all knights. I have literally in all my life never seen small scale infantry this bad. Only one guy in the unit doesn't look like he's completley glitching out and hiding this level of ick with paint is just nope.

Genuinely disappointed with the marine infantry but everything else seems great, so I’m still excited for the game. I’m hopefully I won’t notice the undercut issues once they are painted and in use.

At least with the marines there’s a decent chance we’ll get another mark of armour down the road and hopefully they’ll have learnt the lessons.

Having recently got some 3D resin AT bits from battle bling and seen the resolution that is possible, it’s tempting to find some replacement marines tbh.

16 minutes ago, Burni said:

Genuinely disappointed with the marine infantry but everything else seems great, so I’m still excited for the game. I’m hopefully I won’t notice the undercut issues once they are painted and in use.

At least with the marines there’s a decent chance we’ll get another mark of armour down the road and hopefully they’ll have learnt the lessons.

Having recently got some 3D resin AT bits from battle bling and seen the resolution that is possible, it’s tempting to find some replacement marines tbh.

Yeah the game itself is grand, the tanks are fantastic, and the titans and planes are of know quality. There are some FANTASTIC free 3d marine infantry sets out in the wild, that have none of the issues and all of the options (more then the box gives you). Luckily the termies, assault marines and heavy marines are 100% good to go.  I just dont understand why they went ahead with the tacticals marines, just make the poses more static and if need be smaller srg crests. Like go old school and have them all with the bolters across the chest, make the marines 2 parts whatever. 

Managed to squeeze in 2 games last night and while we massacred the rules it was great fun, look forward to the future of imperialis, now i just need to sell someone my GW tactical marines :biggrin:.

Edit-one huge upside to this is i am going over the unboxing and reviews vids for this and now know which reviews can be trusted for a honest view/opinion and which will toe the compony line.

Edited by Nagashsnee

Wow that crest is bad. The tactical set really doesn't stick with the tag line GW has of the best minis. I'm surprised they didn't go for a more static look if I'm honest. Personally think that was the better option.

The current issues are keeping me from buying into the system on the off chance they release more armour marks down the line with potentially better posing for injection moulding.

While I would need to see them in person given the scale I don't feel like I would enjoy painting those infantry. The vehicles all look fantastic, but like a lot of others say the undercuts are pretty grim, I may get a box in the future to experiment with but for now.

I think this is one of these games where I would probably buy the plastic tanks and 3d print the infantry. I would very much like to stop around in a Warlord titan for this game though. :biggrin:

Im looking for some feedback to create an honest trade.

I have 2x this LI box ordered.
I am only interested in the space marines.

Thus I will try to trade all the Solar stuff for more marines so I have 4x Marines half.

I do not need the warhounds, I have like 12? of them already from AT. What I DO want are the NEW weapons. I can not find a source that states if these new weapons are an additional sprue that is being added or that these options will replace the old sprue. (If thats the case then I wonder how people are going to get the old weapons because a lot of AT players want plasma blastguns on their warhounds lol)

My question:

Is it fair to offer something like 4x warhound bodies without the new weapon sprue for 1x SM half?

Box of warhounds is roughly 50, other LI boxes 35. Content of SM half is 2 boxes aka 70E versus 100 of warhounds but I guess im willing to take a 30E trade value hit if that gets me the weapons.

Does this sound fair and enticing as a trade?

3 hours ago, matcap86 said:

Except the tokens. Those are even worse than the tacticals. But all the other stuff is A++

Art of War Studios have some great acrylic tokens for Legions Imperialis. I'm looking forward to using mine when I've got my army put together!