3 hours ago, Noserenda said:

I strongly suspect Knights will officially get full army treatment down the line, im not sure Titans will, there is the superior game AT after all, but then im sure folks said the same in old epic and yet i helped playtest the Titan army for armageddon :D 

Seriously though, I want to field a Household in this game so bad…

670BD789-2965-45AF-BC40-85338AA809B4.gif

8 minutes ago, DuskRaider said:

Seriously though, I want to field a Household in this game so bad…

Nothing forbid you to do it. Really.  Will the game be a bit unbalanced? probably. Will you get a ton of fun? ABSOLUTLY !

For mechanicum, I think that GW already has evaluated the thing: a sprue of all infantry range, some vehicles (no need for too many), ARMINGER sprues !!!  and we are good to go!

41 minutes ago, BolterZorro said:

Nothing forbid you to do it. Really.  Will the game be a bit unbalanced? probably. Will you get a ton of fun? ABSOLUTLY !

For mechanicum, I think that GW already has evaluated the thing: a sprue of all infantry range, some vehicles (no need for too many), ARMINGER sprues !!!  and we are good to go!

I intend to run one with rules as-is, but what I mean is I’m hoping we get proper support so that we have access to tactics, Seneschals, House traits, etc. instead of running 2K+ of what is essentially bare rule support models. 

27 minutes ago, Nagashsnee said:

I have the book in hand if there anything that hasnt been leaked yet that people want to know.

Transports. How do they work with large detachments? Can you split a solar aux brick of 16 up across like, 8 arvuses, or whatever similar for the marines and rhinos?

9 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

Transports. How do they work with large detachments? Can you split a solar aux brick of 16 up across like, 8 arvuses, or whatever similar for the marines and rhinos?

Yes, a rhino for instance transports 2 stands of marines. So 8 stands of marines need 4 rhino.

But if some of them don't have or lose their transports they must all still stay in coherency. 

16 minutes ago, Nagashsnee said:

Yes, a rhino for instance transports 2 stands of marines. So 8 stands of marines need 4 rhino.

But if some of them don't have or lose their transports they must all still stay in coherency. 

Ya makes sense. I've also heard some conflicting things about an entire formation being forced to take transports if you want them. Sounds like they're mixing up formation with detachment, but any clarification would be appreciated on that one too. 

10 hours ago, Valkyrion said:

How do flying transports drop off their passengers?

If i am reading this right you enter hover mode kinda like 40k and then they can get out.  Tho the transport rules are broken into 3-4 types of transport in the special rule section, and i only quickly read the flyer rules. I will give it a proper once over again after work today and edit this as needed. 

I just looked into the flying transports again, just from skipping through videos so might be missing something but as far as I can see:

Flying transports need the hover rule for embarked models to disembark except for a few exceptions which I wrote about further below.

Other than that they work pretty much like normal transports except that if you want to disembark the flyer has to be in hover mode. You either go into hover automatically when you try to disembark or you can already enter the battlefield in hover mode if you want to. 

"A model with the Hover special rule is not automatically removed from the battlefield at the end phase. Instead the controlling player may choose to Hover the flyer. In this case the model exchanges their flyer rule with the skimmer rule"

There are also special rules that makes it so models can disembark without going into hover first like Jump Packs. Those rules are also the only ones who can disembark flying transports without the hover rule.

They are also the only ones who can role for a save if the flying transport is destroyed. Other models are automatically killed.

The save rule seems to be the same as for any destroyed transport so either a 4+ or the models own save, whichever is better. This save is not modified by the AP of the weapon which destroyed the transport. Every model in the detachment does a save and if it fails it suffers a wound. So its killed for everything currently available, but if we get multi-wound models in the future that can be transported (Primarchs?) they could live through the wound and are placed on the board normally.

Also those rules talk about models not detachments so for example if a tactical detachment riding in a stormeagle has some assault marines added on the tacticals would be auto destroyed but the assault marines could roll for a save since they have jump packs.

Edit: missed another paragraph in the hover rule, you can go back to flying from hover mode and you can already start in hover mode when entering the battlefield

Edited by Matrindur

Say one has a core detachment of 4tac+2assault embarked on two stormbirds, the one with assault marines goes down and one or two of the marine models survive.

They can deploy in coherency with the transport holding the rest of their detachment but in the end phase it flies off the board, they cant follow.

What happens?

Is the surviving transport forced into hover, or the assault marines destroyed because of losing coherency, or split off to be on their own?

19 minutes ago, Wurrkop said:

Say one has a core detachment of 4tac+2assault embarked on two stormbirds, the one with assault marines goes down and one or two of the marine models survive.

They can deploy in coherency with the transport holding the rest of their detachment but in the end phase it flies off the board, they cant follow.

What happens?

Is the surviving transport forced into hover, or the assault marines destroyed because of losing coherency, or split off to be on their own?

"If a part of a detachment is embarked upon a transport and another part of it is not, (e.g. due to the latter part's transport being destroyed) then the non-embarked models must maintain coherency with the transports"

So we know the part still inside the transports is considered the main part and the rest has to catch up to them. With that and looking at the coherency rules I can see two variants how it would work:

The coherency rules say you can't make a move that would result in broken coherency which to me sounds like you would be forced to change the flyers to hover so they could stay within coherency.

But if we say the removing of the flyers doesn't count as a move so the coherency rule doesn't apply to it there is a second paragraph what happens when coherency becomes broken for whatever reason. It says: "The next time the detachment moves it has to return into coherency and if that isn't possible the smaller group of models is destroyed." So in the above case the assault squad would be destroyed. Now what happens if there are less tactical squad bases left in the flyers than assault marines on the ground, I have no idea. Since the coherency rules says the smaller part is destroyed it would be the tacticals but the transport rule says the assault marines have to maintain coherency so they are at fault and should be destroyed if they can't.

So no idea

Very curious to see whether we'll get a sort of wave one this year. With the 2 week preorder windows I imagine next week's preorders might be the last ones before christmas shutdowns. 

Might be nice to get the starter set tanks, stormeagles, xiphons and support boxes for the holiday shoppings :happy:

1 hour ago, DuskRaider said:

Welp, the order I made via a Canadian site has been cancelled since I guess they can’t ship to the US, so now all I guess I’m getting is the Starter. Poo

It could be shipped to me and I could send it on if wanted. I'm in North BC and no issues helping.

24 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

It could be shipped to me and I could send it on if wanted. I'm in North BC and no issues helping.

They already cancelled it on me 2 weeks after I placed it and now it’s all out of stock :cry:

It’s really no big deal, I was talking with some friends and we agreed to concentrate on Titanicus until Imperialis is fleshed out more. At this point there’s just too few options. 

On 11/29/2023 at 4:13 AM, davextreme said:

I think it’s all overblown. They’re tiny and the sculpting issues are easy to hide with paint and with their placement on the base with other models.

Once they are painted and 5 on a base and on the table. You won’t notice it. 

46 minutes ago, Valkyrion said:

Can hovering aircraft be charged?

As per the special rules cheat sheet it seems they can.

Flyers have it stated that they have no engagement zone, when going into hover mode the Flyer replaces it with Skimmer, which in turn has no mentions about close combat at all, they likely act like any other unit in that regard.