3 hours ago, Emurian said:

Im looking for some feedback to create an honest trade.

Does this sound fair and enticing as a trade?

That would depend if someone already has warhound weapons as they dont come with any but the new ones it seems, so you would be selling armless titans. Which some people would be fine with but i wouldnt be interested in, if im making more Warhounds its to carry the new weapons :D 

3 hours ago, Emurian said:

Im looking for some feedback to create an honest trade.

I have 2x this LI box ordered.
I am only interested in the space marines.

Thus I will try to trade all the Solar stuff for more marines so I have 4x Marines half.

I do not need the warhounds, I have like 12? of them already from AT. What I DO want are the NEW weapons. I can not find a source that states if these new weapons are an additional sprue that is being added or that these options will replace the old sprue. (If thats the case then I wonder how people are going to get the old weapons because a lot of AT players want plasma blastguns on their warhounds lol)

My question:

Is it fair to offer something like 4x warhound bodies without the new weapon sprue for 1x SM half?

Box of warhounds is roughly 50, other LI boxes 35. Content of SM half is 2 boxes aka 70E versus 100 of warhounds but I guess im willing to take a 30E trade value hit if that gets me the weapons.

Does this sound fair and enticing as a trade?

The warhound weapon sprue is

2 x missile launchers

1 x ursus claw

1 x melta lance

1 x plasma

1 x Volkite

Warhound weapon sprue in Titanicus box is MUCH better IMO

I’m going to be waiting a few days until my Starter Box gets here but in the meantime I zipped down to my LGS and picked up an Infantry box to get something going…

… they’re so tiny it’s crazy. I honestly can’t imagine being so upset over the molds on these, with the naked eye you barely notice it at all. Seriously…

IMG_0916.jpeg

So right now all I have a rhino pack, because I went to my FLAGS to get a second one.  The detail is great, but the side smoke stacks being separate pieces is :cuss:, they are so tiny, and so tightly toleranced that I spend more time getting all 4 of them in place than the rest of the assembly combined.  In fact I have done 2 so far and I think without dealing with those I would be done most or all of them already.

The stuff I pre-ordered is no where in sight, not even a shipping notice yet.   The only reason I can see to order directly from GW again is to not risk it selling out at the store before I can get there.  I shouldn't be waiting, until what at this point with no shipping notice is likely to be the middle of next week, for stuff I pre-ordered two weeks ago to arrive well after the release date.

4 hours ago, Splog said:

You had me worried there. Looking at the sprue in the box it is:

- 2 missile launchers (2 variants)

- 2 volkite eradicators

- 2 melta lances

- 2 shock lances

- 2 ursus claw

Whoops, I looked at the assembly booklet not the sprue :(

The thanks are amazing though, really think they benefit from brighter or paler colours though (rather than black or dark grey). Going to do mine as Loyalist World Eaters

Edited by Dark Shepherd

My first starter was put in the mail at midnight Friday.  Gues CMO holds to release date very literally.  It should arrive Monday.   My local game store confirmed he was able to get me my larger order, but it will be some time this week.

i also drove to Ann Arbor, Mi and north of Detroit to visit the two closest GW stores.  Ann Arbor had plenty of rhinos to give out and since the family was with me I got 3.  However he had no LI stock to sell.  He had only gotten his personal order and 2 starter sets which were gone immediately.  I did get to see the mins however and they were awesome.

The store in Rochester Hills did not get any rhinos to give out but got 4 starter boxes which also disappeared.  Nothing else to sell and a regular was there looking for his order that never came in.  So US distribution is not going so well.

at least I got a few rhinos for all the driving.

51 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Clocked about ten minutes to deblob a single plastic base of legionaries using Rich’s method, so it’s not impossible but it will take a fair amount of time. 

And you have to think with this, there should be more worthwhile things that I can do with my life.

The Auxiliary minis are great. Although did get severe hand cramp trying to put together the tiny bits of the Sentinels and had to stop momentarily :biggrin:

I pre-ordered the starter set and Rhinos from Wayland Games, as soon as the preorders went live, and not heard a bean until I emailed them yesterday to see if it had been shipped. I then got the shipping email at 1:08pm on Saturday 2nd, and when I check the Royal Mail tracking it’s not yet been collected by RM, I think they’ve just printed the postage label.

I don’t know why I gave Wayland Games another chance, they screwed me yet again. I hear people say they have got their act together but not from my experiences.

A mate ordered his starter set and Rhinos from Grim Dice in Grimsby and they managed to send his stuff to arrive on release day without issue.

Edited by Cyrox

1 hour ago, Astartes Consul said:

Amazing that GW managed to successfully launch a whole new of edition of 40k during a literal pandemic with half the staff capacity but now…

No LI in my FLGS this weekend. Probably for the best for my bank balance. 

I think many would debate how well indomitus went, likewise all the shipping issues seen now are still knock on effects of previous shipping dramas.

I'm currently reading through the rules and did I get it correct that you can't pre-measure shooting attacks in this game? It says you choose the firing detachment and the target, then the weapons and then you measure the distance and compare if your weapons are in range. It doesn't specify if you can't measure before that but I would assume so based on the wording.

Edit: This is wrong. It doesn't say anything in the Firing part of the rules but it does say "Players can measure distances whenever they wish" at the beginning of the rules in the measuring distances part

Edited by Matrindur

6 hours ago, Pacific81 said:

And you have to think with this, there should be more worthwhile things that I can do with my life.

The Auxiliary minis are great. Although did get severe hand cramp trying to put together the tiny bits of the Sentinels and had to stop momentarily :biggrin:

Tiny tweezers are very needed 

6 hours ago, Wordy said:

My preordered copy of LI and Kratos squadron didn’t turn up to the GW shop today, was told it’ll be early-mid next week. Store guy is great, GW couldn’t organise a game release if their life depended on it.

Same with me - went into the local GW, there was a big pile of pre orders behind the counter, mine wasn’t there :cuss:

So some people got their pre orders yesterday, some didn’t. Makes you wonder exactly WHY GW went to a two week pre order, if they can’t even fulfil pre orders from their website to their own stores.

There was a massive queue for the free Rhino in store yesterday as well - so long that I didn’t hang around, my parking ticket would have run out. The store guy was great though, he said he’ll put a rhino aside for me for when my pre order actually does show up, given that I was let down yesterday.

Firestorm Games have at least shipped my starter box - that not turning up yesterday was Royal Mails fault. But I’m a bit gutted I’ve got zero LI this weekend.

My Starter Box from GW was posted yesterday morning and should be here by Wednesday, according to UPS. The eBay order I made the other day was supposed to arrive yesterday but is still three states away because USPS is so delayed this time of year. Should be here Monday, I would think. 

Having my infantry boxes in hand, the detail is frankly so good on the various other units that it's annoying the poses for the tacs resulted in the stretches. the terminators are awesome: the contemptors have their rivets, and the chainswords are all proportional and finely detailed. Despite my complaints of the 28mm assault marines that are releasing, I think the plastic 6mm ones are just way better; theyre somehow more proportional. Id honestly not feel bad getting more infantry boxes at a 15% rather than printing and cleaning supports, that's how much I like the models.

Except for the tacs. They stand out by their compromised designs even harder as a result of the high bar from the rest of the minis. 

27 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

Except for the tacs. 

That comes from the marines being more barrel chested and having larger guns than the auxilia, with their design the gap between the bodies and weapons would be larger.

The Assault marines have "open" poses, allowing for mostly detailing all parts without undercuts.

On larger minis they get around that by doing multi part, a good comparison would be the Black Reach or Dark Vengeance space marines, separate backpacks, separate guns, detail level almost as good as the regular kit. 

Dont have any original epic marines but i would suspect that they are generally thinner from front to back, making any such stretches less visible.

The other way around it would be doing multi part slider style injection molding to allow for undercuts but the manufacturing cost would increase by a lot.

Printed off my first lot of Plate Armoured (mk4) Galactic Crusaders yesterday, very few supports beyond a single snip under the base to get them off the raft, probably less cleanup than id be inclined to do with scraping mold lines off the tacs.

22 minutes ago, Wurrkop said:

That comes from the marines being more barrel chested and having larger guns than the auxilia, with their design the gap between the bodies and weapons would be larger.

The Assault marines have "open" poses, allowing for mostly detailing all parts without undercuts.

On larger minis they get around that by doing multi part, a good comparison would be the Black Reach or Dark Vengeance space marines, separate backpacks, separate guns, detail level almost as good as the regular kit. 

Dont have any original epic marines but i would suspect that they are generally thinner from front to back, making any such stretches less visible.

The other way around it would be doing multi part slider style injection molding to allow for undercuts but the manufacturing cost would increase by a lot.

Printed off my first lot of Plate Armoured (mk4) Galactic Crusaders yesterday, very few supports beyond a single snip under the base to get them off the raft, probably less cleanup than id be inclined to do with scraping mold lines off the tacs.

The entire point is the design is flawed on the tacs, leading to their issues. It wasn't necessary and does a disservice to the rest of the models.

And maybe my printer guy is a little support heavy lol, I certainly had a good amount of supports to get rid of.

Yeah it is definitely a flawed design choice but its also hard to do different if they working within the constraints of doing single part models using their current tech, not defending it but seeing a realistic limit

Ive heard they did the Missile guys as two part and with the two parts being almost the same size it does make sense, having bits smaller than a purity seal to be glued onto a marine the the size of a purity seal and asking people to repeat that 50 times, or however many tac+plas marines there are per box might end up driving people a little (more) nutty.

With parts that small there is also the risk of bitz pinging off when clipping them, leaving one with models that cant be completed.

33 minutes ago, SkimaskMohawk said:

a little support heavy

Obviously its going to depend on the models in question, the models in the Galactic Crusader line im going with are very well designed.

Many of the mass models are support free beyond the anchor to the raft, some have a single strand of support going to a part that sticks out, they include some concessions to limit printing overhangs, like angling the butt plates of the armor in between the legs or the lower parts of the backpack against the belt to print without support, stretches/"webbing" between parts (mostly chests, arms and weapons) and since there is no molding issues to care for when 3d printing its all down low enough between the parts to be nearly, if not completely, hidden while making them easier to print and improving durability.

One strand to the elbow of the HQ guy, two to the banner and webbing hidden between the banner pole and sword, a single one to the barrel or elbow on some of the bolter/plasma guys.

Havnt printed these off yet so im thinking im going to go in and mirror some of the legs, turn some heads an/or upper bodies on the plasma guys for more variety, did that on my tacs.

4q4gGEV.png

Edited by Wurrkop

2 hours ago, Wurrkop said:

ve heard they did the Missile guys as two part and with the two parts being almost the same size it does make sense, having bits smaller than a purity seal to be glued onto a marine the the size of a purity seal and asking people to repeat that 50 times, or however many tac+plas marines there are per box might end up driving people a little (more) nutty.

Remember how unpopular doing the mkVI pads in two halves was...