Wormwoods' Blood Angel Successor Project - The Sin Eaters

ELEMENTS OF THE SIN EATERS 1st & 3rd COMPANIES

image.jpeg.24a4356a98f5d31d6ef7e97e7ddaa0fe.jpeg

So, I've finally based these buggers - yes, I'll be fixing up those rims, but not tonight - and wanted to put them all together. Well, everyone from the Leviathan influx, anyway, if you count the Chaplain who uses... Zero Leviathan bits. It's fine, he's painted up in the style and panoply I started with these lads. I may need an actual camera, too, these pictures aren't fantastic, are they?

image.jpeg.0a16b84e604db2e63f30b892688003d5.jpeg

It's been a lot of fun, I've really enjoyed this scheme, it's such a breath of fresh air after my more tacticool previous project. I'll probably upload some more of that army some time in the future, unless I cringe too hard at their paint quality when I unbox them. 

image.jpeg.bcd13570dcfa0d2301cc530964b47dad.jpeg

Love how the terminators came out, the Leviathan kit of them is a joy to work with, which is good because I have another set coming from a friend of mine, who'll be getting the nid half of my box. Those will likely be turned into Assault Terminators, but we'll see what happens.

image.jpeg.d6150ca197b1cf752290bbdf0625f986.jpeg

For whatever reason, I think the Intercessor Sarg is my favourite model from this set, I'm very happy with his pose and heraldry. 

image.jpeg.c6b9ed8420f4d753733e2acf542c12bb.jpeg

The dread is a high-point, I think, he came together great. The base isn't as great, I may have to mess around with the legs on the next one, we'll see.

So, that's the army so far! Pretty happy with the progress, and have deeply enjoyed watching my free-handing improve one checkerboard at a time. Still a long way to go, but that's half the fun. Next up: Either some Bladeguard converted from the Sternguard models from Leviathan, or an actual 5-man of Incinerators. OR whatever they're called. 

Nice work - the checks are very nicely done, and they look great all together :smile: 

2 hours ago, Wormwoods said:

I may need an actual camera, too, these pictures aren't fantastic, are they?

They look OK to me. :smile: If you do get a camera, all I will say is that getting adequate depth of field when you're photographing a single infantry model can be a challenge

29 minutes ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

They look OK to me. :smile: If you do get a camera, all I will say is that getting adequate depth of field when you're photographing a single infantry model can be a challenge

Can't be much trickier than doing it on an out-of-date phone camera! 

• 2 weeks later...

INTERCESSOR SQUAD BOHR (ALTERNATE ARMAMENT) - SIN EATERS 3rd COMPANY

image.png.6fa8d34a946323091eec55bf8e7c3e94.png

Partial Fireteam of Squad Bohr - Battle Brothers armed with Infernus Pattern Flamers.

As with all Codex compliant - or, at least largely compliant - Chapters of the Adeptus Astartes the Sin Eaters practiced a form of cross-training in martial disciplines even before the adjustments made to the Codex by the reawakened hand of its original writer. Through multiple lifetimes, due to the ever-present practice of cannibalistic rebirth practiced by the chapter each Marine was expected to learn as many weapons, and forms of combat as could be made available, so that any one astartes may take the place of another should he fall, and ensure the most vital positions in the line remain filled.

image.png.ebd59bc54352b1612051cdfcaa2c5950.png

Battle Brother Herix

This practice has continued into the Era Indomitus - and, for that matter, 4th Tyrannic War - with entire squads expected to trade their standard equipment for alternative configurations as demanded by the needs of their assigned role in a conflict. Seen here is Squad Bohr, of the 3rd Company, equipped for warren-clearing, and the incineration of xenos swarm-forms. 

image.png.462d3b80fb19d415933f97ea87f87045.png

Battle Brother Genth

image.png.ad8240e4388b77bbc4b3d95ff2461539.png

Battle Brother Solovar

Of course, such things are more true in theory than reality. It is those Battle Brothers still in their first lives, or early 'immortality' most expected to fill missing roles, and take up new, untested equipment. This is a mix of the natural favouritism given to Immortals by their peers over the young, and the unspoken understanding that those of advanced years and repeated death may, and often do lose the tactical flexibility of the freshly inducted. They are often set in their ways, the process of repeated death and rebirth casting aside skills not often refreshed, or less favoured. 

-

I must say, I'm mixed on these. Very happy with how the guns came out, but both the freehanding and assembly didn't go as smoothly as I would have liked. You'll note the damage to Solovar's chest plate, an errant swipe of my hobbyknife I'll need to hide with some 'intentional' battle damage. I blame the monopose nature of the kit, as some of the components were awkward to work with, and I almost ruined two of the first three during final, post-painting assembly. Lining the odd, puzzle-piece arm segments up with superglue rapidly drying was harrowing!

Still, they look good enough for line troops. Can't say I'll be rushing to do more once the last two are done. 5 flamers is probably plenty, and I have other units to dig into. 

INTERCESSOR SQUAD BOHR (ALTERNATE ARMAMENT) - SIN EATERS 3RD COMPANY

image.png.ddd825325f0b8d308ebacb6e2d0cf5fc.png

Primary Fireteam of Squad Bohr - Battle Brothers armed with Infernus Pattern Flamers.

With that, I've finished the 5-man flamer squad! Slightly frustrating models, but it's a good sign that this scheme is keeping me engaged even when I'm less about the underlying sculpt. Even then, I'm sure the eventual multipart kit will be more pleasant, especially when you're someone like me who looks at a squad with all the same shoulders and cringes. 

image.png.20b470d4380129713fcce52f6feeb65a.png

Battle Brother Crace

image.png.a358fc76e11fa2dcf845368f537ab3e8.png

Brother Sergeant Indrus, His First Rebirth

That tilting shield's a bit big, isn't it? They tend to look a little better up on the shoulder itself, so that may be what I'm seeing. Mixed up the painting on the flamer-burn, too, swapped out the purple layer for a purple wash, and it looks nice. If I ever paint another flamer for this army I'm sure I'll do it that way. 

Now, what's next for the Sin Eaters? A few options present themselves. The friend I've gone in with for a pair of Leviathan kits was finally able to drop off his marine half in exchange for my nid half, so I COULD paint more terminators, or a second dread... Or, with the confirmation that Terminator Chaplains with shields are a thing, I can go ahead with my planned conversion, and mash all these extra terminator bits together! Not like I need two terminator Captains/Librarians, after all. 

Watch this space.

RECLUSIARCH HANUMAN - SIN EATERS 1ST COMPANY

image.png.1d12bafc8c7cf9113951cfabed21d56d.png

Reclusiarch Hanuman, shown in his Terminator plate.

Like most chapters, the Sin Eaters Reclusium is presided over by a council of Reclusiarchs (senior Chaplains) pulled from the prime battle companies, themselves guided and convened by the Master of Sanctity. Unusually, and likely due to the need to allow reborn members to adjust to their new bodies, the current Master of Sanctity is not the Reclusiarch attached to the First Company, as is common, but a rotating position held for a period of years by those of the council in the full bloom of their Immortality. Reclusiarch Hanuman of the First Company, seen here, has served as Master of Sanctity twice before, and likely will do again.

image.png.3ecf9cece33d55da709d79c206818d93.png

As with all Sin Eaters Chaplains, Hanuman has forgone personal heraldry for that of the Reclusium.

Like all Chaplains of the Sin Eaters, Hanuman's primary purpose is the guidance and monitoring of those brothers either early into their immortality, or experiencing the early signs of neural decay and psychological decay. As one of the Reclusiarchs, however, his focus is on the recognized Immortals under his care, those of the First Company. While theoretically only the most stable, and successfully reborn are recognized as Immortals, there remains room for eventual failure. None are entirely free of the Twin Curses, after all.

image.png.a25a888f43ff0795fe10773d02f3ae66.png

Note the blood drop symbol of the Sin Eaters on a black field, rather than a silver (white) bar. 

image.png.9a9f556faf2919456df22057c3ca0615.png

Reclusiarch Hanuman, here seen leading Immortals of the First Company into battle.

-

I've wanted to build my own terminator Chaplain since Leviathan was revealed, and getting the confirmation that shields are an option (plus the base size!) finally gave me the push to do it. I've mashed the Leviathan Captain and Librarian together, added some Bladeguard bits, and an Ork skull slapped on half of an Eradicator head to build him, and I think he reads reasonably well as a Chaplain! 

Weird how the 3-man Eradicator kit has like 21 helmets in it, huh? 

I'm also working on some more Intercessors, but that may have to wait till I can print a few helmets, I'm looking to mix in more older marks, and haven't had much luck finding them in plastic. Should probably just hit up Ebay, see if anyone is selling in bulk. 

INTERCESSOR SQUAD CURRIE - SIN EATERS 3RD COMPANY

image.png.fbecb8f3c05e62bbc6548bde25b604de.png

Prime Fireteam of Squad Currie - Sergeant, Grenadier, Sharpshooter, and Battle Brothers.

While those of the Ordo Astartes endeavor to label and classify the various ways that the Emperor’s Angels of Death arrange and comport themselves, such things are often poor descriptors for entities as idiosyncratic as Space Marine chapters. On paper, the Sin Eaters are a ‘Single World Chapter’, possessing a Fortress Monastery on the backward world of Dumah, from which they draw their aspirants. In practice, however, only around 30% of those elevated to the Chapter hail from the world, with the rest being inducted on campaign, either in the wake of costly victories or preparation for expected battle. This is possible only due to the stability – at least during induction – of Sanguinious’ gene-line, and the efficacy of the ‘Induction Sarcophagi’ used by the Blood Angels and their successors. 

image.png.47119e2f701b5b9f94fe626e77a7cdf2.png

Battle Brothers Lindros & Tamm.

This enlarged - if inconsistent - recruitment base has produced a Chapter with a varied phenotype, even with the expected changes wrought on the body of aspirants during their ascension. While few among the Sin Eaters gain the sculptural beauty claimed by the Blood Angels, the same geneseed that can turn Baalite rad-mutants into astartes here produces strong, capable marines from all but the most divergent human clades. This multiplicity of aspects is not, however, reflected in the psyches of new recruits. Hypno-indoctrination and the ritual eating of preserved Sin Eater flesh during their latter development ensures an instinctual obedience to the Chapter cult even in those new marines who are not destined to becomes the hosts of Immortal consciousnesses. Often, only the lingering facial features and chosen name of a successful aspirant retains any link to their world of birth. Such is the cost of potential immortality. 

image.png.07bdf775539d4d6abfd34420592eb018.png

Brother Sergeant Rolant, His Second Rebirth

Dumah remains the single largest source of aspirants, especially those entered into the reserve and scout companies, rather than being trained and fielded on campaign. The people of Dumah are primarily hardy techno-barbarians, formed into ever-warring nation states. Their culture has remained largely static since the claiming of their world for the Chapter, and the placement in orbit of the Fortress Monastery / Star Fort the Vindice Stella, assumed to be the result of intentional meddling and manipulation by the Chapter to maintain the desired aspirant pool. That it has remained in this state since some time after the Second (or possibly Third) Founding is a testament to the Chapter’s desire for stability, and dominance over their prime resource. 

-

And with that, I have my Crusa- Hang on, getting a call here from Warhammer Community... Looks like I, in fact, have 900 points. Guess I need another squad (or character) to fill out my first 1000 points of the Sin Eaters! I'm spoiled for choice here, having an entire Leviathan half ready to go, and the ability to turn that into all sorts of fun things via kitbashing. Just need to settle on one! The current front-runner is an Lt. to boost up my Intercessors, or just build out one of the 5-mans to a full 10. 

I have also considered building a Techmarine from scratch, but I may wait till I've finished my second Dread, not like I'll be fielding a techmarine in a smaller, single-dread force. 

Back on this squad, I'm happy to report I'm still enjoying painting basic marines in this scheme, which is always a good sign. I am, however, getting a little sloppy. I think I need to paint some elites soon to force me to tighten things up a bit. Sure is a shame that the Thunder Hammer is a must-have, yet always looks kind of out-of-place on the leader of a shooting unit. I may print off some hammers and attach them to the backs of my Sergeants some time in the future for the sake of WYSIWYG

Edited by Wormwoods
Spelling error.

Really nice work - they look great (I'm really liking the more "heraldic" scheme on them - reminds me of the old John Blanche illustrations of the early 1990s). :smile: 

One comment if I may? Do you think it's possible to get a dot of black paint on the end of the gun barrel? I'm sure it could be done with a marker/pigment pen :smile: 

3 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

One comment if I may? Do you think it's possible to get a dot of black paint on the end of the gun barrel? I'm sure it could be done with a marker/pigment pen :smile: 

Yeah, guess what I forgot to do? I'm not really a barrel-driller, but I do tend to paint them. Put it down to the sloppiness of this unit in general. I'll add them in when I do the black on their bases, memory allowing. 

LIEUTENANT MONASH - SIN EATERS 3RD COMPANY

image.png.12e419dba8534d1897b22ad8b5de7ed8.png

Lieutenant Monash, His 6th Rebirth

The elevation of one of the 'lesser' Immortals to the First Company is a slow, and often frustrating process. There is not hard line between those recognized as being fully purified and elevated by their deaths and rebirths, and those who have yet to achieve this status, barring the agreement of the Chapter Reclusium that an individual has achieved it. The slow dissolution of the original marine's identity, and birth of a new gestalt of all those brothers it has passed through is a necessarily subjective thing, measured only through careful examination of the marine over what is likely centuries. 

image.png.0ef3b634981a04bc5330afc71569b791.png

Note the triple blood-drop used to denote Lieutenant status.

It is customary for prospective true Immortals to spend time within the command cadre of their Companies, both as unit leaders and, for those deemed most capable and close to ascension, in the personal guard of a Company Captain, or as a Company Lieutenant. This latter option has been re-introduced to the Chapter thanks to the Indomitus Reforms of the re-awakened Primarch, and has proven a useful stepping-stone for those destined for the First Company.

image.png.29e7848e2e71f82a604c0e9e6e529db5.png

Lieutenant Monash leading elements of the 3rd Company.

Beyond this, the rank of Lieutenant is in-line with other Codex Compliant Chapters, serving as leader of smaller engagements, or of battle-line squad groups during a larger battle, commanding marines while under fire, and cut-off from the wider command structure when required. Those lesser Immortals with more battle lust than sense often end their journeys here, bodies lost to the Chapter in glorious, but costly last stands or assaults. So it goes.

-

And with that, my first 1000 points! Ready for Crusade! I'll be posting some images (and an army list, so it can be ridiculed) of the entire force some time this week. With the Agastus Lt. box still weirdly absent, I decided to build my own shooty-lieutenant from Intercessor and Leviathan bits. I hope he reads as suitably flashy to stand as a character model, without being too Captain-y. Lieutenants are kind of a pain, it's really just an Intercessor Sergeant with a unique pose and maybe a leg decoration. Oh well. 

Yes, I forgot to paint the gun hole again. It's already fixed, I didn't realise till I was looking at the photos. 

Edited by Wormwoods
Spelling error.

ORDO XENOS INQUISITOR - ELSABET BRAY

image.png.cc6926a4aff82a17afcef69c001bae2d.png

Inquisitor Bray, currently directing Sin Eater actions in the 4th Tyrannic War.

The Sin Eaters have endured a long and stories history with the Imperium's Inquisitors, largely from the continued interest of the Ordo Astartes, and their ongoing examinations of the Sanguinius gene-line for evidence of unforgivable divergence. Less antagonistic relationships exist with other Ordos, however, including those within the Ordo Xenos. Beyond the routine secondment of veterans to the Deathwatch, the chapter has in recent centuries been involved in Ordo Xenos-led campaigns in the Imperial periphery, which has earned them some level of clemency in... Other situations. 

image.png.3b7d2df2bd06f9053326f6684488fabb.png

At the dawning of the Fourth Tyrannic War, this relationship has been leant into once more, with a Sin Eaters Strikeforce - Comprised of elements of the 1st and 3rd Companies - tasked with hunting a number of errant splinter-tendrils cast off by the larger extra-galactic invasions. This second-front operation has seen some success, but will likely continue well beyond the greater war's end, regardless of the outcome. 

-

A slight digression here, as I wait for some parts for my next Sin Eater models. I adore a custom Inquisitor, but have yet to make one for the Ordo Xenos! My campaign group being half Tyranids for 10th has served as a fine excuse, and good way to fluff what I'm putting together - namely, that the Sin Eaters have been tasked with assisting Inquisitor Bray here in some odd little actions on the fringes of the war.

Fun model to put together, being built from a collection of 40K and AoS bits, plus some Necomunda for spice. She'll be standing in for Kyria Draxus, because as nice a model as that is, I don't like named characters. Would much rather use the rules to run something of my own creation, and lore. Maybe I'll write up some in-universe text for her once the Crusade begins! 

As for the Strikeforce, I've not had the chance to get them all out for a photograph just yet. Perhaps tomorrow?

WIP - DAEMONHOST COUNTS-AS

image.png.dc094bc3098fcc3635e3e3ae768fddf9.png

So, the thing about an Ordo Xenos Inquisitor is that it doesn't make a lot of sense for them to have a Daemonhost in the retinue. My fix is to use a captured Genestealer Cult Magus (here built mostly from spare Neophyte bits) being controlled through cybernetic means, rather than daemon-binding. He's not a happy chap. 

I love the excuse to go a little wild with the conversions when doing Inquisitor stuff. My old Ordo Hereticus projects will be finished one day, I'm sure, but for now it's all-in on alien hunting in style. 

We'll see if I can finish putting him and his harness together, and slap some paint on. 

ELSABET BRAY'S PERSONAL RETINUE

image.png.060a9bfc0f0ad4a8a3f1f2e00d2b0381.png

Inquisitor Bray alongside elements of her personal retinue.

Few forces are more idiosyncratic than the personal guard and retinue of an Imperial Inquisitor. Each Inquisitor is free to surround themselves with as many - or as few - unique individuals, servants, and constructs as they desire, limited only by their own wealth, influence, and inclination. Naturally, this leads to some unique formations. 

image.png.58f4d200a7d9c3c148195ca6d8a9b219.png

Charron Pattern Combat Servitor - Cybernetically Dominated Cult Magus - Mobile Xenotech Servo-Archive.

Inquisitor Bray of the Ordo Xenos is not a woman known for her sentimentality. Her recorded retinues have often been filled with disposable, or short-term assets. Servitors of all kinds are commonly found at the side during missions, as are the foul, but controlled Xenos agents she is known to make use of rather than simply executing them. More on each to follow. 

image.png.cf55403aa922fb1b974e72184d5f23ea.png

image.png.e57f059b27275ebca372440586c070b2.png

Charron Pattern Combat Servitor

The most standard element of her current retinue, this combat servitor has been seconded from the Imperial Navy for use in the field. Note the modified plasma cannon.

image.png.18ae1141cda92b373cd9754d75778d5d.png

image.png.e14fec7ff7b9e89552fe0235d64cc505.png

Cybernetically Dominated Cult Magus.

Claimed as a trophy in the early days of the 4th Tyrannic War, this Genestealer Hybrid demonstrated sufficient psychic potential to be useful as a combat asset, once stripped of free will and safely contained within a cybernetic harness. Branded with the mark of the Inquisition, this unfortunate hybrid will likely burn out within a few missions, or be used as bait for the Splinter Fleet currently being targetted by the Inquisitor and her allies among the Sin Eaters. 

image.png.d096bc6962757dcf6866ad934ae05d38.png

image.png.4f7170e1e6b8f30add10b438e26867f3.png

Mobile Xenotech Servo-Archive.

The most valuable asset currently in play, the Servo-Archive is essentially a linked series of servo skulls, but made from the preserved remains of slain aliens. What remains of their psyches has been connected to a data stack, allowing access to a vast amount of relevant information on the technology and biology of Xenos threats. Those who have served alongside the Archive has reported that it speaks to itself, mandibles chittering and whispering. An unpleasant thing, but a useful tool.

-

I'm not as happy with how these came out as I was hoping. The assembly was fun, and I really enjoyed playing around with greenstuff and the cable-maker, but I wish I had managed to make them work as sub-assemblies, because they were a nightmare to paint. Worse, I think I was getting frustrated by that, so even the more visible sections of the models aren't really painted to my usual standard. 

Still, they'll serve. Destined to stand-in for an Acolyte squad, the Servitor is... Well, a servitor, but made from bits of Kataphron and an AoS Chaos guy. The Magus is a Daemonhost, on paper, and has been built from leftover space marine and GSC bits. The Servo-Archive is a backpack with skulls in it, and will be playing the part of a Jokaero. 

I've started working on the remaining acolytes, who will be Inquisitorial Stormtroopers made from Necromunda bits. More to come.

Wow, these guys are so characterful and I love the Inquisitorial reasoning behind their (continued) existance - so delightfully twisted.

Also, great use of an Age of Sigmar model for the guy in the group photo.

ORDO XENOS - CHAMBER MILITANT MINORIS

image.png.668ee8a706106d8987fbc4fba0db7fc4.png

Stormtroopers of the Ordo Xenos.

While the Camber Militant of the various Inquisitorial Ordos are some of the finest warriors of the Imperium - The Deathwatch, the Sisters of Battle, the [REDACTED] - they are, certainly in the case of the Deathwatch, a limited resource. Even pulling from all ~1000 Astartes Chapters (in theory, anyway) the warriors of the Deathwatch are a rare and irreplaceable resource, to be deployed only in the most vital circumstances. For less vital missions, or, in the increasingly dire situation in the galactic South-West when such forces simply cannot cover every battlefield, the Ordo's call on their secondary resources. 

image.png.ff1dedd0c2c1921b173eb4cf8c277f95.png

Specialist Lang, Modified Accatran MK-XI Shotgun

Trained in a variant form of the Schola Progenium Stormtrooper/Scion program, the Ordo Xenos fields a number of units for anti-alien missions for which the full might of a veteran Astartes would be overkill. Many less advanced Genestealer or other parasite-species infections have been put down by killteams of the Chamber Militant Minoris, often led by interested, or involved Inquisitors. Such soldiers are highly trained and well armed for their specific duties, though are often less well-suited to full field combat, focused as they are in anti-xenos-insurgency. Leave the field engagements to the Guard, the brave soldiery of the Militant Minoris will be back home, knee-deep in hive sewerage, executing sabotage teams of alien hybrids. 

image.png.4c4f03b0523ff9dd987c42f6a4cae3cb.png

Specialist Tropher, Agripinaa MK-V (Drum Fed) Autogun

Still. The hour is late, and the Imperial Tarot promises only strife. Specialist and non-line troopers are being fed into the meat-grinder of the 4th Tyrannic war alongside every other available asset. Attached to the expanded retinue of Inquisitor Bray, several squads of Stormtroopers form a rotating bodyguard for her august person, providing a more... Stable combat basis than her more unique assets. 

-

Quite a bit happier with these lads, mostly because I was able to paint them in assemblies! Well, mostly, the heads had to be glued in due to the unfortunate fact that every Necromunda model has a weird neck on it. Not willing to drill out the neck from the collar, I instead clipped the neck off the Anvil Industry heads, and attached during assembly. Worked out alright, though I'm glad these guys are mostly covering their faces. 

These will be the 'Acolytes' for Inquisitor Bray's squad, as I quite like the look of more professional soldiers for the Ordo Xenos, who are one of the more blunt Ordos. There's an alien, kill it with a shotgun. Simple. 

3 more of these coming, one with an eviscerator, one with a comms-and-sensor setup that will stand-in for the Mystic. 

10 hours ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

Wow, these guys are so characterful and I love the Inquisitorial reasoning behind their (continued) existance - so delightfully twisted.

Also, great use of an Age of Sigmar model for the guy in the group photo.

Thanks, I'm happy enough with them, issues with the paintjob aside. And what is AoS for, but to fill out gaps in the 40K Inquisitor line?

I really like the retinue, especially the daemon host :smile: 

The chamber militant guys look great too, although if I had one minor criticism, it's that the gun looks to be a similar colour to the carapace, so it doesn't stand out as much as it could.

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

Just now, Firedrake Cordova said:

The chamber militant guys look great too, although if I had one minor criticism, it's that the gun is a very similar colour to the carapace, so it doesn't stand out as much as it could.

Yeah, I may add a white panel or two to the guns. Not as much space to work with as with boltguns, but should be able to slip some in.

ORDO XENOS - CHAMBER MILITANT MINORIS - CONTINUED

image.png.7f830a434530a885d7bb24f30346b3e8.png

Stormtroopers of the Ordo Xenos.

image.png.c9f9954ca1dcf95e4e2cab0464afea39.png

Specialist Lorne, Agripinaa MK-V (Drum Fed) Autogun.

image.png.5c523e4aac32ffd9ba28ff85d16db983.png

Specialist Vance, Agripinaa MK-V (Drum Fed) Autogun + Communications/Jammer Vox.

image.png.bad320a5c37032b1b04605bd9e5e37dc.png

Specialist Grix, Non-Standard Equipment.

And so, Inquisitor Bray's little gang is completed, unless I decide to eventually boost it to whatever the full squad numbers are. 2 mystics and 10 acolytes? Weird squad. Seen here, along with some additional colour on the guns, minimal as it is, we have the 'Mystic', here played by a trooper with a vox setup, and the eviscerator option for the squad. I'm sure acolyte squads are more useful as the minimal unit size to sit on a backfield objective, but that's no fun. Better to have a big squad of weirdos to die gloriously in No Man's Land. 

image.png.82ae7d292cf4193f1413adf12e6ef2aa.png 

- Beware the Alien -

There's still some final fixes to do, a few spot colours and shades I want to normalise through the unit, but overall I'm happy, and have enjoyed this brief break from painting space marines. 

Next up: Probably some Bladeguard!

BLADEGUARD WIP

image.png.3b4977f186469f99809250387fdb65b2.png

Just a quick little update today, showing progress on the shields for my Bladeguard. This is pre touch-up and weathering, so it's a little rough. Couldn't say no to more freehanding space, so I've printed some blank versions of the usual Bladeguard shields. 

The rest of the models are base coated, and will be started tomorrow. They're a mix of actual Bladeguard bits, and some Sternguard from Leviathan. Using those monopose bodies to stretch out the sword arms in the Bladeguard box. It's fine, I'll use a Bladeguard as the basis of the Sternguard sergeant when I eventually get to that. The 'eagle-all-the-way-up-the-collar' is a great look, and seem suitably flashy for an Immortal squad leader.

More soon!