The Ultimate Siege Challenge (Project Thread)

Hello Warlords of the Chaos wastes!

I have been playing 40k since 5th edition, and with the release of 10th, I wanted to try and make an incredibly challenging and immersive large game for my player group. The inclusion of boarding action rules making the jump from 9th to 10th helped inspire me to do this, as well as a general love of siege warfare picked up from playing the Iron Warriors.

To summarise, in this mission, the attacker must break past my Iron Warrior blockade and into Warsmith Du'Rak's fortress. They are to locate and rescue a powerful navigator the Iron Warriors captured on a previous raid, to prevent them from learning of secret warp routes. The fortress is shielded from teleportation, so the attacker cannot initially deep-strike a terminator squad to clear the place out. Instead, they must storm the walls and break in themselves.

While an incredibly difficult mission for the attacker (by my estimate) I am hoping the overall challenge, complexity, and immersion (I plan to have a system in place where the Navigator's master will be relaying information to the attacker as the game goes forward) of the mission will attract players from my group to try it, in particular, a good friend of mine who plays Imperial Fists (while mortal enemies on the tabletop, I ensure you that IF and IW players are the best of friends from a shared love of walls and trenches) who I'm certain will love to give this mission a go.

large.Dareyouattackmydaemonicfortress.jpg.e85a8ea083a5e9df862c6984cd5c66ca.jpg

I went and got the boarding actions terrain kit from my LGS and have only just finished cutting it out of the sprue. I've noticed that while doing some test assembly that the double wall pieces don't slot in very easily, so I'll need to file that down sometime in the future. For now, here is the set up for my interior stronghold. Those who have Arks of Omen Abaddon will recognise the setup from one of the scenarios, and this is because that mission breaks the board into five chambers, which is what I wanted to do for my castle. 

large.Interiorsetup.jpg.255cc303888a9ff596591bba4cf5161a.jpg

This is going to go behind a large wall, and the attacker will need to enter at one of the three objective markers, either by storming the main gate (entry 2) or by getting models atop the outer wall and "embarking" into one of two towers (entries 1 and 3) What I want to do to amp up the difficulty even more is cover each chamber with a bit of cardboard in the shape of the room so that the attacker will effectively be going into each room blind. Each chamber will also have a lot of scatter terrain in it to convey a rooms purpose, stuff like an armoury, command centre, that sort of thing. The hostage the attacker will need to collect will be in the medical facility (here marked with a hated Imperial Fist Chibi).

I did see Mantic games has a sci-fi terrain set which I will get to act as terrain. For the moment however I'd like to make a start on the main walls. I've elected to paint my walls in this style, as found in Duncan Rhodes' Painting Academy tutorial on youtube. As a general rule, I like to write up the steps found in these style tutorials, which makes it easier for me to reference whenever I'm actually painting.

large.Interiorpaintguide.png.512791e71a81c026c3f9e71e7090cade.png

That's all I have for my first post. I have one set of walls set up to be painted (funnily enough the type found in Duncan's tutorial, purely because they slotted in easiest without need of further intervention) which I hope I can show in my next update. I will also hope to expand further into the mission rules.

See you then,

Spiros14

Thanks Kythnos, My biggest draw to the hobby is the narrative battles and campaigns can conjure up, and I grew up reading the larger battle reports White Dwarf used to run around about 2008 - 2012. This is a passion project in that direction.

I got one of the four smaller wall pieces done to a battle-ready standard, ignoring the screens, lights, and weathering sections found in my painting guide. I will be painting those in where I can, but this is my minimum requirement for the big game when it comes about - I have about forty of these wall panels to paint, and if I want to get it done before the end of 10th ed, I need a minimum standard.

large.BattleReadywall1-1.jpg.31497d3a2705c4e5235fd64af1945db7.jpglarge.BattleReadywall1-2.jpg.dbae134d3c11b2c5ff01472b16dc8e48.jpg

A rookie mistake I made with these is assuming that the pieces will still fir cleanly after the undercoat. Not the case, as my loose panels here have become quite the interference fit. I may look for a proper solution to this, but I may also just get a small nylon mallet from machine mart to knock the pieces in.

I promised I'd say more about this mission. It'll be played on an 8x6 foot board, with players deploying against the short table edges. The defender (me) will set up the terrain and deploy first (the venue for this game is at a hobby store, so what I might do is pop in the day before and set the table and army then, allowing more time the next day for the game), with deployment zone being the castle, the wall (This hobby store has the old fortress walls from WHFB), and maybe 12" away from the wall for a tank brigade. From there I'll have a no-mans land of 18", and then the attacker can have the rest of the board to deploy. The Attacker has the first turn.

The Attacker will receive transmissions over the course of the game by the hostage's master, Rogue Trader Akia-Diaz, aboard his ship, Starchaser. Akia-Diaz has matched the Warsmith's ship in orbit, but is still able to monitor the situation. Starchaser was able to knock down the fortresses outer shields before the game, but will point out that the main stronghold itself is still shielded, likely drawing energy from reserve generators somewhere (by strange coincidence, there will be two objective markers on the field inside some shelled out ruins...). 

If the attacker takes an objective marker, it will automatically be destroyed by the attacker, and Akia-Diaz will note that the inner shield flickered for a moment, prodding the player to go for the second marker. If both objective markers are destroyed, the inner shield goes down, I remove the cardboard sheeting atop the castle, and Akia-Diaz will report that the player can begin teleporting his warriors inside the castle walls if he chooses. Akia-Diaz cannot teleport his navigator out, however, as there are too many life signs to lock onto her position properly - the player must have friendlies rescue the Navigator still.

All of that is optional for the player to do. They don't need to take the objective markers. The can just deep strike just outside the walls and force an opening, but it will make their life easier to rescue the navigator if they decide to pursue the objective markers just hanging about on the field.

Finally, on turn 3 or 4, Akia-Diaz will note that large energy spikes were registered aboard the Warsmith's ship, indicating teleportation - the attacker will have company!

That's all I have so far. In my next post I aim to get those four panels done (including the screens and weathering)

-Spiros14-

All right, I have all four of these short walls (referred to as B1's) complete and ready to go.

large.PardeReadywall1.jpg.af39ddc9776a7bbfd0e3f72681246fd5.jpg

Remember, brothers, an Iron Warrior defending a wall is worth ten of Dorn's mongrels on the other side.

I was pleasantly surprised with how quickly the whole thing came out. I'm considered to be a slow painter, so getting these pieces done in a timely manner was something unexpected.

I'm going abroad over the next week, so I won't be able to update for a while. I'm planning to have a go painting four of the short walls with doors, as these are more common across the castle map. These boarding action tiles also have a lot of doors in them, so I will need to give it a go and iron out all the problems I'll no doubt face. I'll also get to writing some bits on how this castle will interact with the main board.

Until then, brothers!

Spiros14

On 7/10/2023 at 5:56 AM, Urauloth said:

Looks good! Do you have more pictures of your Iron Warriors, by any chance?

Thanks Urauloth! 

My Iron Warriors are a relatively new addition to my army roster, having just got them about a year and a half ago during the build up of their 9th edition codex. As a joke to my hobby group, I built the army in secret. Here's the link to that thread:

I have added one or two units since then, so it's in dire need of an update, but you can view the bulk of the collection there.

kind of solved my slot wall problem. The little tags on the side are enough to keep the model in place when not undercoated, but becomes an interference fit when it is undercoated. I've given this attention with a file, and it now slots in better. It's still a pain to pull back out again, but it's a still a big improvement.

large.scuffedwall1.jpg.c663317c42d8b70e07f0688c3406d0b3.jpglarge.scuffedwall2.jpg.54ea9f4b346da121d4c4665413a6bd83.jpg

I also painted up the first of the eight door with pillars walls in the kit. I'm happy with how well the door hinge works - I've had more than a few rhinos and land raiders whose doors just suck over time.

large.fittedwall.jpg.86063806b56c9226211edd6f6602ae05.jpglarge.opendoor.jpg.38862c42e41a590f5eabe207780efd65.jpg

I've also made a start increasing my forces to an apocalypse-sized army, starting with painting the infantry warriors in my pile of shame, which I'll endeavour to add to my next update.

Until then!

Hello again!

As promised, I'm making this update more about the army I plan on taking for this game. Now, I had a chat with my Imperial Fist player, and he's happy enough to try this out once we both get our codexes, so I have a vague deadline to get this project done. It will also mean that whatever list I write now will have changes from new codex units and general points changes, but at this point I have a vague goal to start with.

So here's my list, as made on excel spreadsheet. I know there are a million decent apps to do list writing on, but I tend to slap it on excel just because it's easy to use and change across all editions, and I can name units and junk. I get all kinds of light-hearted grief from my player group about it, but I like it.

large.InitialList.jpg.a73206673e2dc6b4639fe3587343bdbd.jpg

Now, this is roughly 5,000 points. Units with a red name are units I don't own, or haven't built yet. In this case it's a Chaos Sorceror in Terminator Armour; Five out of a ten man squad of terminators, five out of a ten man squad of chosen, two predators and a land raider. I also don't own a reaver titan, however, my opponent does (He's a full member of the titan owners club you may have seen during the last warhammer-fest), and is willing to lend me one (he's even willing to 3d print some chaos plates for it, so long as I give him some notice first). He plans on bringing his warlord, though, so I'm sure to still be on the back foot!

Units in yellow are units I've built and undercoated, but not fully painted yet. I want to get every model in my army painted up for this, simply for the spectacle of it all and to get some good pictures, so I'll endeavour to get these done while I'm painting my terrain.

I've made a start on my third legionnaire squad, and have three of the ten painted up. I very much enjoy painting my infantry, and the best bit of painting Iron Warriors is, IMHO, the ease of painting a dull metallic model twinned with adding a bunch of hazard stripes along random panels. One new thing I've done is add hazard stripes to the thigh, rather than the shins I typically paint stripes on, and I'm happy enough with the result that I'll be sure to be more adventurous with it in the future, perhaps with some arm stripes, or even torso stripes if I can get a nice open armed model.

large.JuvetsClaw1.jpg.2b75d8f6e4df75e3c8a728fafe150b9d.jpglarge.JuvetsClaw2.jpg.522269a3529ea38d3d6a6c8bca59491a.jpg

A final update to the mission writing: I was able to press-gang a friend into helping me look over and edit the mission plan. I find this to be an important bit of mission writing, just because they'll likely to have spotted a loophole or something similar that you haven't. The mission packet is beginning to take shape, and I'll try and get it on here during a future update.

+Spiros14+

You certainly have your work cut out for you, and your guys look great.

For those models that are no more than base coated and that you think you will finish before the end of September, you should enter them as vows for Chaos in the Call to Arms painting event.

6 minutes ago, Dr_Ruminahui said:

You certainly have your work cut out for you, and your guys look great.

For those models that are no more than base coated and that you think you will finish before the end of September, you should enter them as vows for Chaos in the Call to Arms painting event.

I'll be sure to give that a go. It looks right up my alley. Even including Gallowdark terrain!

Yep, Grotsmasha has done a good job so that is open to paint just about anything 40K or 30K related - you don't even have to paint full units.  The biggest restriction is that the models have to be mostly unstarted, which is probably necessary for fairness.

Anyway, if you do put in a vow, I will be there in the Chaos Stronghold cheering you on!

And you know, if rather than using your firend's, you were to get your own Reaver titan, vow it and paint it, you would really help us out. :biggrin:

Edited by Dr_Ruminahui

Thank you for the support. It really helps keep me motivated to get this project done.

I spent an evening assembling the Deimos Predator. I've said it before with the rhino: A marked improvement from the older mars-pattern model. Especially with the special locking mechanism on the side-sponsoons. I've broken many a mars predator sponsoon during transport because I've glued it to the models, and I have high hopes that the Deimos will be be able to handle my transportation better!

large.AssembledPredatorAnnihilator.jpg.69ce13dc0bd8e14f1095c9bfdabf2018.jpg

I've gotten the first batch of doors done for my fortress. From here on I won't be posting every piece of wall I've painted, but in this case it's to showcase my plan for a moderately quick assembly of the castle on game day. I'm going to break the fortress interior into twelve sub-assemblies of corners and T-junctions, making it easier for me to transport, then join it together ready.

large.Assemblydiagram.jpg.43d5f88bd546a9b631d44137e5242704.jpg

I promised in my last update that I would talk a bit more about the mission. I had my rules looked over by my friend, who gave it a majority pass, but suggested I allow for a desperate teleportation attempt during the game just in case my defence is too good and the attacker is really struggling to get in (explained in a next post). Below are the rules I've made up to marry up Boarding Actions and the main game and the rules for controlling the Navigator.

The Castle Interior

·         The only models that may enter the interior are non-vehicle and non-monster models with a base size of 50mm or smaller (models with oval bases use their smallest measurement)

·         Infiltration is not permitted

·         Deep-striking is not permitted unless in certain circumstances

·         At the end of their movement phase, a player may “embark” into a tower from either the interior or exterior of the castle, then immediately disembark the other side. If there are enemy models on the other side in the way, the disembarking unit and the unit in the way both take d3 mortal wounds, and the unit in the way moves until they are 1” away of the disembarking unit (think 6th/7th ed. tank shock rules).

·         Each room is covered by the attacker from the defender. An attacker may uncover a room by having friendly models move into the room. The room remains uncovered from then on. Other circumstances may uncover all rooms at once.

·         With exception to the above, when models are inside the castle interior, they must abide to rules found in 10th editions boarding action ruleset.

Broadly speaking, the six chambers in the castle are: 1. The Armoury (Connecting to tower 1, attackers top deployment zone); 2. Entrance/ Mess Hall (Connecting to main entrance, attackers middle deployment zone); 3. Library (Connecting to tower 2, attackers lower deployment zone); 4. Storeroom (defenders top deployment zone); 5. command centre (defenders middle deployment zone); and Medicae (defenders lower deployment zone).

large.FirstCornerAssembly.jpg.dd145339dd5dc5cd704dc434c38ed1e4.jpg

A 50mm base maximum allows units as large as Obliterators and Centurions, who can just about squeeze through the doors

The Navigator

The defender places the navigator somewhere in the Medicae room. The navigator is treated as an objective marker. If the attacker controls the navigator, she is attached to one of the controlling units. The Attacker may move and charge with the navigator, but she suddenly leaves the unit if it advances or flees from combat (the navigator does not move with the unit and stays where she was before the unit moved). Otherwise the navigator does not move.

Victory Condition

The Attacker must end the game with the navigator controlled by a friendly unit and outside the castle interior. Any other result is a Defender victory.

I'll make a separate post detailing some special mission cards I've designed for this game.

One thing I really wanted to do for this mission to increase immersion and otherwise add to the narrative was to add a character outside the battle to give information to the attacker as he goes about the mission, similar how in DoWII, a character like Martellus will jump onto the vox to give the Force Commander bad news. In this case, it's the Navigator's master, Rogue Trader Akia-Diaz, who is aboard his ship in orbit battling it out with the Iron Warrior's own fleet and providing as much support as he can.

Mission Cards

During the mission, the Attacker will receive mission cards, which remain hidden from the attacker until they accomplish the requirement on them. These represent transmissions received from The Starchaser, Akia-Diaz’s ship, appraising the commander of various situations. The below lists the requirement to receive the card, the transmission, and what game mechanics this infers.

·         Attacker’s Turn 3: Commander, this rescue is greatly behind schedule, and we are forced to use desperate measures. We have made our best estimations. You may teleport into the fortress, though the risk is great. Emperor guide us. The Player may deep strike via teleporter even if all rooms are covered. The unit must roll a d6, and teleport in the corresponding room (see castle interior) These teleporting units must be further than 3” from enemy units, and must roll a desperate escape test (core rules page 14)

·         Attackers Turn 4: Commander, we are detecting energy flares from the enemy vessel. You may find enemy combatants heading your way shortly! The defender may deep strike via teleporter into the castle. They must be 3” from enemy units. No desperate escape test is required.

·         Attacker has control of an Objective Marker: Your warriors discover a piece of whirring machinery inside this shed. It is quickly destroyed. Your vox picks up, “Commander, we observed a flicker in the enemy fortification’s shields. I’ll keep you appraised.” Remove the objective marker.

·         Attacker has control of all Objective Markers: Generators crudely hidden in the castle courtyard are blown apart by your warrior’s guns. Your vox picks up, “Commander, the fortification shield is down. We have full scans of the building, and can deploy troops. For the Emperor!” Remove all objective markers. Remove all coverings of the castle interior. The Attacker may deep strike into the castle interior via teleportation only, using normal deep strike rules.

·         Attacker has reached the Navigator: By the throne, what horrors have these brutes put upon my navigator? Her teleportation collar is still functional commander, but I cannot get a lock through these walls. Get her ladyship away from this place! No effect.

I'll have to get some cards printed up, or perhaps put these transmissions in an envelope with the requirement so the contents are hidden from the attacker. I may add more later (maybe a victory or defeat transmission) but I think that covers the basics.

In my next update I'll be aiming towards getting the infantry models I pledged to paint for Grotsmasha's event.

Until then, brothers!

I've made a few steps forward and a larger step back since my last update.

To start with, I did get the predator undercoated and am making a start painting the main body of it. Vehicles for my Iron Warrior's are something of a struggle for me, as my infantry's armour is leadbelcher spray darkened down with a heavy wash of basilicanum grey, something that doesn't transfer incredibly well on traditional marine tanks, owing to the flat panels. What I've resorted to doing is overbrushing the model back up with iron hands steel, and then use weathering techniques and other coloured panels to make the tank look like a well-worn battlefield veteran.

large.Trusttheprocess.jpg.a10814e244daad07af5615a164cf5770.jpg
Just trust the process, and it'll turn out all right in the end.

I also polished off two legionnaires, which I previously posted on Grotsmasha's painting thread. I find painting infantry the best bit of chaos, especially with legions that allow you to throw in different coloured panels here and there to give the models an individual appearance. I have three more legionnaires to paint (one with missile launcher, two with bolters) and that'll be my final legionnaire squad for this project done!

large.PlasmaandBolter.jpg.8b7baccaa3afe05036153f12cdb2c86f.jpg

So those are my steps forward, now for the step back. I was reviewing my list for this big game, and I realised that for my best chance I needed all six rooms in the fortress to have bodies in (at least to start with) or risk my opponent getting in too easily. I had the points to trade out my chosen's rhino with a twenty-strong cultist mob, with plans to put all of them in the fortress (chosen in the command centre, cultists in the entrance hall), but I've just turned my twenty model backlog into a forty model backlog! 

It all has to be painted eventually, I suppose.

I'm hoping for my next update to be a showcase of my finished legionnaire squad, ready to purge the foe in the name of vengeance!

Until them!

Looking good!

Incidentally, the photos of your hammer lord that you have in your album here were a great help in painting my own - I couldn't really tell what was going on with the right shoulder of the model, and yours are the only good photos of that area that I could find on the internet.  So thank you.

Great work Spiros! I feel your pain on the Basilicanum Grey not covering vehicles armour properly, I use the same/similar methods to paint my Iron Warriors. Sponging the grey on worked a bit better for flat vehicles but more often than not I just went back for a second coat on areas that didn't cover properly or cover it up with hazard stripes :biggrin:

Looking forward to seeing the Predator!

and we're finished with legionnaires! I'm happy to have the first of my units to paint for this project done and out of the way! 

large.Completedsquad.jpg.3fa582c79962a776b8b302e8c6e50f70.jpg

I've found that regardless of edition, a stack of thirty space marines is an intimidating sight on the battlefield. add to the fact the close confines of a boarding actions table and you have a tough nut to crack without elite support.

large.AllLegionnaires.jpg.435bb096579d8d3fa442474d746390d1.jpg

I'm enthused about the latest gallowdark killzone up for pre order this weekend, as that contains the scatter terrain to make the surgical ward (the escape pods are less useful, but they might appear in a future game). I also ordered the killzone set to make my command centre, but that's bogged down with GW's logistical changes.

I got two more doorways finished, but realised I had made something of an efficiency blunder: I pledged to paint all four of these doors, but in reality I only needed to paint two for my board! It isn't the end of the world, of course, and it all needs painting eventually, but it can feel a drag when you aren't painting to a goal.

MoreDoors.thumb.jpg.0623f9bce3d5008c97cb69855c661b7c.jpg

I made a vague deadline for this project to be the end of January next year, which I think is roughly when the codex releases. It means I need to paint around eight models a month, but I'm hopeful I'm up for the challenge! I have my havocs on the painting handles as we speak, ready to be painted so I can tick a second unit off of my list!

For the Dark Gods!

Edited by spiros14
Add more info

I said in a different post that I was ready to take a break from walls with hatchways and take a crack at a long wall piece. After getting one done, I can now conclusively say:

Please come back to me hatchways! I didn't mean it!

My being a drama queen aside, these walls are packed full of detail, making it a real labour to get through, compared to the hatchways, which are a large piece of one colour (that you have to paint at different angles, but still...
I completed this one long wall without hatches during my days off, which connects to the hatchway wall I did in my last post to start one of my T-junctions. 

large.LongWallside1.jpg.811f476bb482a1ef5297d911e30496b7.jpglarge.LongWallside2.jpg.0ec97ee7c3047b82494d837e88c4910d.jpg

Usually I would aim to get all four in a set of walls done before moving on, but given that these long walls take a while and where they get used in the final build is rather scattered, what I'll do instead is focus more on getting my sub-assemblies completed. So I'll get one more of these long walls done, then two short wall hatchways (without pillars!) which will complete a sub-assembly, and keep better track of my progress.

I'm making slow progress on my havocs. They're roughly halfway there, and I expect to get them ticked off by weeks end.

large.TeamAWIP.jpg.9e84d4b81cc504804e2f246be4c57e1e.jpg

Until then!

Some great progress has been made this week.

To start off with, I managed to get in an excellent session of spray painting, and all of the walls that are getting used in the game are now properly undercoated (I had to leave two wall pieces that aren't used in the final map, but I can save those for the next time I do any spray painting).

Next, as promised, I got my three havocs painted up ready for battle!

large.TeamApainted1.jpg.5d5dd83b6274101491ee1f0c891158be.jpg

Like most chaos players, I have two squads of havocs; one made up of anti-tank weapons and one made up of anti-infantry. I had built these long before 10th edition, or I would have armed them all with Autocannons! (the champion's choice for this edition at present, IMO). Still, the amount of shots heavy bolters and chaincannons can put out is still impressive, especially if you combine it with Lethal Hits. My intention with this squad is to have them move up the board and capture mid-field objectives, which is why the champion is armed with a mace and meltagun. Admittedly the melta has lost some of its anti-tank potency this edition, but in the close confines of my siege board, it'll make a mess of any of the corpse-god's mighty warriors.

large.TeamApainted2.jpg.b7589f1901e59495b559e3bf9b850b42.jpg

Finally, because I paced myself to get eight models a month painted to get this army ready for the end of January, I chose two cultists to finish off August. I was a little concerned on the cultists, as I had previously gotten stuck getting the details on the Age of Sigmar warcry models right for another tournament, and I feared it would be the same case with the 40k cultists. Thankfully that wasn't the case, and these models were straightforward to do. 

large.MeleeGirl1.jpg.27c48b4a829c87831dd95ee79dc77147.jpg

Rather than try to paint these to match the Iron Warriors, I decided to just do my own thing, leaving just the base as a unifying factor. I went with purple and green clothing on these models, following the ever-popular "secondary colour villain" trope. I made the armour and weapons nice and weathered, as these guys are not given the best equipment (why would you when they're just there to sprint at an objective and screen the more important marines?). 

Next month I plan on getting my Predator tank painted alongside seven more cultists, as they were quite quick to paint and I may need the time for the tank. I'll also need to begin building reinforcements for my Terminator and Chosen squads. For now though, I'll be spending the rest of this month getting to work done on my walls, as I'm hoping to show you a section of built and painted walls and an example of how I plan on decorating the base in my next post.

We will control this entire world one point at a time!

Ahoy heretics!

I managed to get some more walls with hatchways done, which is enough to show a proof of concept of sorts with my finished pieces so far. This area represents two of my sub-assemblies combined to make the section of walls separating the fortresses command centre and library. This is roughly a twelfth of the completed floorplan (using roughly a sixth of the total walls). 

large.ProofofConcept1.jpg.1949eec2099ee316d6d2fd3be2ec40d2.jpg

As I've said, I wanted to fill each chamber with scatter terrain to show its function and give some real life to this board. The shelves I have here in the library (where the Iron Warriors keep all of the daemonic engine user manuals) are from Mantic Games' Arcane Library terrain crate, which are all one piece. I'm quite impressed with these, and will be getting another of the terrain crates in the future for other bits of the fortification. I'm particularly happy with the height of the cases, which will block line of sight in those large empty rooms.

large.ProofofConcept2.jpg.0d4fab9c773ba9ecb269e4c1388bda36.jpg

My Iron Warriors ready to re-enact the opening scene to Star Wars to whoever opens that door

The second chamber, My command centre, is much harder to show, simply because of a lack of pieces. I have here this large console, which IIRC came from an objective marker kit during 8th edition. I do have the Soulshackle kill zone box on order to arrive early next month (curse Games Workshop's logistics changes slowing my plans!), which will add consoles galore, and a sweet map to pour over. I'll be deploying my Warsmith's captain of the guard, Kerknak the Emissary, alongside an Exalted Champion and ten chosen - a difficult foe to cut through!

large.ProofofConcept3.jpg.c386a10f28870a13fc529c344592a4f7.jpg

What warsmith's lair doesn't have a room of consoles to plan future campaigns against the corpse-emperor?

I'm really happy with how things are going so far with my terrain, and will be plowing through it while I continue to paint the remaining thirty-odd models for the army, however, consider this the last post on the walls for a while until they're all complete. Hopefully by that point I'll also be able to show more of the interior scatter designs, painted or otherwise.

As I've said previously, I plan on getting my Predator Annihilator and seven of my cultists done by the end of September, so my next post will be all about that!

+Spiros14+

I've hit the month running with some great progress on the predator chasis. I'm quite happy with how the stripes have come out on the front panel and sponsoon guards, and am glad that the Iron Warrior Transfer can be clearly seen through the stripes.

large.Chasispreweathering.jpg.15a7fddfd767aeaba069f755aa9604a6.jpg

I still need to drybrush some dirty and grime along the bottom part of the vehicle, and get those lights done, but the bulk of the work on the chasis is done. I'm hopeful the main turret and weapon sponsoons will be an easy affair, as they just need to be black and silver (plus lenses), I'm hopeful to get it all done by next Sunday.

I also have my seven cultists for the month (and an Orlock Road Captain, as my friends are interested in a new necromunda campaign once the core book is back in stock) set up to be sprayed once the weather gives me a chance.

I look forward to showing you further progress

+Spiros14+