The recent purchases/hauls/"Oh god I spent more money on toy soldiers" thread

Evil Eye
Go to solution Solved by Brother Carpenter,

9 hours ago, LittlePlasticHomies said:

Hey all - this might be a touch off topic so please zap if that's the case. I'll be out in the UK this summer and want to take advantage of the price savings relative to USD. I need some local help stretching the dollar as far as possible!

What FLGSs in the UK have reliable, quick shipping and the greatest % discount relative to Games Workshop? The plan is to have them shipped to where I'm staying during the trip.

Wayland Games

The Warp

Alchemist’s Workshop

Usually all 20% off.

Edited by TheArtilleryman

My precious inquisatrix had gone into the city with her friend to pick up said friend’s fellow from the aeroport. She called me from the “local” warhammer store (it’s 2 hours away from us), asking what I wanted. Waking blearily from the sleep I had fallen into trying to put one of our spawn down for a nap, I confusedly mumbled something like “Battle Sisters are cool”.

I am now the proud owner of a new Battle Sister Squad:) 

I could have used the new sm codex more I suppose, but that’s on me for letting my child put me for a nap instead of the other way around.

Edited by Arikel
Spelling

16 hours ago, LittlePlasticHomies said:

Hey all - this might be a touch off topic so please zap if that's the case. I'll be out in the UK this summer and want to take advantage of the price savings relative to USD. I need some local help stretching the dollar as far as possible!

What FLGSs in the UK have reliable, quick shipping and the greatest % discount relative to Games Workshop? The plan is to have them shipped to where I'm staying during the trip.

https://warhamateur.com/saving-money/discount-games-workshop-retailers/

=D

16 hours ago, LittlePlasticHomies said:

Edited by pawl
Accidental double post, can't delete the quote on mobile!

On 3/29/2024 at 10:58 PM, LittlePlasticHomies said:

On 3/30/2024 at 8:22 AM, TheArtilleryman said:

Wayland Games

The Warp

Alchemist’s Workshop

Usually all 20% off.

With apologies for muddying the water for @LittlePlasticHomies, some of the big UK FLGS only offer 20% off on preorders, and their regular listings often have lower discounts (15% or even 10% off RRP). Best bet is to have a look at the products you're interested in across a few different companies. 

On 3/30/2024 at 10:10 AM, Sky Potato said:

Add Goblin Gaming to the 20% off club as well.

Not for a while now: majority of stuff is 15% off, with some things even worse (Kroot Army set is 10% off for example). That said they do occasionally have items for even higher discounts (as much as 25%) for stuff they obviously bought way too much of. But on the plus side, their turnaround on order to shipping is really good, sometimes even same-day dispatch. 

Hobby Workshop is one I use a lot, reliable shipping and quick turnaround, but again their discount percentage can vary between products. 

One of the most consistent in offering high level of discount is Dark Sphere, which has vast majority of items at a flat 20% off (even brand new high demand stuff that other stores opportunistically lower their discounts on), but they are also one of the only ones that don't operate a free shipping threshold so their effective discount is a little lower than that. 

On 3/30/2024 at 10:10 AM, Sky Potato said:

Also depends WHERE you’re staying, as chances are you could go to one in person.

Good call, although again be mindful that some stores offer a lower discount in person than they do online (the store has running costs to cover, after all) 

Bought the new Heresy book and four boxes of Solar Auxila elites. I just need some light sentinels then the rest of the year I'm going to see if I can buy nothing hobby related.

@littleplastichommies

If you will be in London,....

Darksphere is fairly easy to get to from Central London. 

In person they will honor the 20% price if you spend over £100 though it can depend on the items sometimes.... You obviously then have 0 delivery cost. (you can also order for collection so you can guarantee what you are going to be able to get vs chancing their stock)
....However, their opening hours may not fit with your trip so check in advance as they dont follow typical retail hours.