The recent purchases/hauls/"Oh god I spent more money on toy soldiers" thread

Evil Eye
Go to solution Solved by Brother Carpenter,

2 hours ago, Domhnall said:

Was in Edinburgh recently (not often anymore) so popped into the store "for a look"... Came out with an impromptu box of terminators. :laugh:
I don't need them, but they were there on the shelf calling to me, so it would have been wrong not to. Guy in store did point out that for an extra 15 quid I could have the starter box. Was tempting, but I was already spending more than I meant to, and there is absolutely no chance I could sneak in a starter box in to the house past the wife, so had to decline. 

Yeah but if you bought the starter box you could eBay the rest of the contents and make a profit :)

Not necessarily a purchase.  Took part in the Secret Santa at the local GW on Saturday, received a Company Heroes and one of the multi-part Lts.  Looking to get myself an airbrush for Christmas and make some headway on this pile of shame before it grows any larger.

On 12/14/2023 at 10:20 AM, appiah4 said:

I am ending 2023 without a single dime spent on GW produced plastic or resin.

I applaud you on this!

Seriously, I do!

This may well be me next year with the exception of paints 

The Whirlwinds actually came! It has taken six weeks for GW to actually shop them but they arrived. Huzzah.

So in 2023, between August and now, I brought 228 models, ALL Firstborn:

Attack Bike x4

Land Speeder x4

Dreadnought x16

Captain/Commander x5

Captain in Terminator Armour

Captain Lysander

Chaplain

Chaplain in Terminator Armour

Librarian 

Librarian in Terminator Armour

Techmarine

Command Squad x2

Assault Squad x4 (20 models total)

Tactical Squad x6 (60 models total)

Devastator Squad x6 (35 models total)

Sternguard Squad x2

Vanguard Veteran Squad x2

Terminator Assault Squad

Centurion Assault Squad x2

Centurion Devastator Squad x2

Thunderfire Cannon

Land Raider Excelsior

Rhino Primaris

Rhino x8

Razorback x4

Drop Pod x3

Predator x8

Whirlwind x3

Vindicator x3

6 hours ago, JayJapanB said:

The cool non-venerable ones?

In Australia they were sold out before they announced the LCTB. And never were restocked.

If you want a box dread there is a guy on eBay right now selling loads of them, for example six for £70 is one listing. He’s got over 20 for sale in various combinations, plus some HH ones. UK though so not sure how that would work for you

43 minutes ago, TheArtilleryman said:

If you want a box dread there is a guy on eBay right now selling loads of them, for example six for £70 is one listing. He’s got over 20 for sale in various combinations, plus some HH ones. UK though so not sure how that would work for you

Thanks for the heads up but seems to be UK only.

Pretty crazy collection. Every one is kinda scuffed, but you can likely build a couple of nice ones out of a group. Seems like an old car collector, haha.

I have an old plastic boxnought I've ended up stripping, so I've at least got one to work on. Main thing it's missing is an assault cannon.

I also have an old Dorito in a box I should probably build before buying any more dreads.... 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another small FLGS liquidating before definitive closure... Which allowed me grabbing an ooP Mekboy workshop and an AdMech Boarding patrol 20% bellow their initial release price. None were really planned but both will find their place nicely in my 2 active projects: AdMech Army and Sector Fronteris/Ashland Table.

I ordered Sevrin Loth's Honour Guard and the Mk 3 Death Guard helmet upgrade set, because I couldn't resist grabbing a set that's been on my mind for a very long time and I needed some stylish helmets for my False Primarch kill team. I was going to make a much bigger order this month but all the FW models I wanted are out of stock at the moment.

My store had a few boxes of Salvation, so I caved in bought one. I now have 20 Aspect Warriors- 5 Banshees, 5 Avengers and now 10 Scorpions.

And I gotta say, they don't sound like Eldar names, but I'm sorely tempted to name five of the ten Klaus Meine, Rudolph Schenker, Matthias Jabs, Francis Buchholtz and Herman Rarebell.

You can call them the swordwind, but they're gonna Rock You Like a Hurricane.

My flgs had an influx of old imperium issues, so I snagged me a whole bunch of sisters of battle. I’ve wanted some since they came out in lead in 1997 or so, and the savings on the issues meant I couldn’t say no

I’m now a proud owner of 2 penitent engines, ten penitentia, 10 fly girls, 3 baby carriers and a bunch of bolter nuns. I also picked up the xenos inquisitrix whose name escapes me. All for 90 quid. Looks like I’ve got an army project for 2024 

On 1/18/2024 at 2:22 AM, ThePenitentOne said:

My store had a few boxes of Salvation, so I caved in bought one. I now have 20 Aspect Warriors- 5 Banshees, 5 Avengers and now 10 Scorpions.

And I gotta say, they don't sound like Eldar names, but I'm sorely tempted to name five of the ten Klaus Meine, Rudolph Schenker, Matthias Jabs, Francis Buchholtz and Herman Rarebell.

You can call them the swordwind, but they're gonna Rock You Like a Hurricane.

Sounds rather Tzeentchian to me: Wind of Change is blowin´.

17 hours ago, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

A second box Firstborn Assault Terminators so I have more options.

Plus a load of paints and brushes this month!

I bought a box of them a couple of months ago to build them with lightning claws. Then I can at last enter the Space Hulk and have all weapon options available.  

Got a couple 30k Deathshroud legs (which are surpisingly devoid of legion iconography - one has some crossed Scythes which I'm going to play off as a Scythes of the Emperor honour badge) and Iron Hands bitz (heads and torsos) to give my termies and Techmarines/rapier crews respectively a little more variety.