17th November preview event

Asmodai is great, as is the Deathwing Knights.

The MK VI assault squad is great, good addition to the 30k range, finally.

Night Lords are a great upgrade, I hope to see the same for the other Legions.

The Nightlords are amazing, no notes :D 

Venator seems alright... Well, it seems kinda off, ill have to dig out my guard ones so see but maybe its the huge turret? 

I really have to say whoever thought previewing a big bony model on a bone coloured background probably needs a refresher on design basics though :P 

13 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

In what tropical paradise does winter begin December 22nd? 

That's the winter solstice, where winter actually begins.

Here it's still in the 70s, but that's in Charleston. Should drop to the 60s again next week.

(20-25 Celsius for those not using Fahrenheit).

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

Tauros Venator article is very interesting as it mentions "Out of the Box" for the weapons options and " Distinctly Enforcer styled armour".

The way it's worded makes me think that there is a plan to have the chassis return to the AM which would be awesome as my dream Mech Guard would appreciate them as a Recon element.

The Assault Marines, I'm grateful for different poses from the current models. I do wish it had been a different Mk but VI is the one they're keen to put out and the recent MkIII makes me think (hope) we'll see Mks II and IV in flavours at the larger scale. It sounds greedy and maybe it is but IV is my favourite Mk and there is some precedent with the MkII Tank Commander stuff and the MkIII. I'm also not a big fan of the Jump Packs but oh well. Glad there will be enough Combat Shields in the box too.

Edited by Hfran Morkai

Huh. While I can appreciate what they’re trying to do with Asmodai and recreating that classic art piece, something about the actual model just isn’t working for me. Looks awkward. Hoping it’s one of those things that works better in real life than it does in GW’s photography.

Thrilled to see a plastic Venator, tho. Been jonesing to turn one of those into something Orky for years.

22 minutes ago, Hfran Morkai said:

Tauros Venator article is very interesting as it mentions "Out of the Box" for the weapons options and " Dinstinctly Enforcer styled armour".

The way it's worded makes me think that there is a plan to have the chassis return to the AM which would be awesome as my dream Mech Guard would appreciate them as a Recon element.

The Assault Marines, I'm grateful for different poses from the current models. I do wish it had been a different Mk but VI is the one they're keen to put out and the recent MkIII makes me think (hope) we'll see Mks II and IV in flavours at the larger scale. It sounds greedy and maybe it is but IV is my favourite Mk and there is some precedent with the MkII Tank Commander stuff and the MkIII. I'm also not a big fan of the Jump Packs but oh well. Glad there will be enough Combat Shields in the box too.

We will see every mark. It's Heresy it's all about marines and armour marks. Mark 6 assualt marines give hope we'll see not just tacticals but assualt and command units too just be prepared to wait cuase it is plastic.

8 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

We will see every mark. It's Heresy it's all about marines and armour marks. Mark 6 assualt marines give hope we'll see not just tacticals but assualt and command units too just be prepared to wait cuase it is plastic.

They've already confirmed the plastic command squad. 

3 minutes ago, Waaagh? said:

They've already confirmed the plastic command squad. 

Yeah the mark 6 one. I'm putting money on it being a cycle and they do Mark everything tactical, Command maybe not assualt but mark 3 breachers instead. GW loves marines and no matter what else they bring in plastic to heresy they will still do marine kits a couple times a year.

20 minutes ago, Lexington said:

Huh. While I can appreciate what they’re trying to do with Asmodai and recreating that classic art piece, something about the actual model just isn’t working for me. Looks awkward. Hoping it’s one of those things that works better in real life than it does in GW’s photography.

Yeah, I like aspects on the model, but the pose isn't doing anything for me. Being able to skip the smoke is nice, though, I hate painting smoke.

4 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

Yeah the mark 6 one. I'm putting money on it being a cycle and they do Mark everything tactical, Command maybe not assualt but mark 3 breachers instead. GW loves marines and no matter what else they bring in plastic to heresy they will still do marine kits a couple times a year.

I mean they've not actually confirmed the armour mark. I agree it will more than likely be mk6 but they may decide to do them in mk3. 

13 minutes ago, Waaagh? said:

I mean they've not actually confirmed the armour mark. I agree it will more than likely be mk6 but they may decide to do them in mk3. 

If it's not similar to the one in the new Epic I'll be flabbergasted. lol But GW knows what people want they just can't provide it all at once anymore. Heresy stayed strong for ten years on one edition and it seems like they are playing the long game with well anything that isn't 40k or Sigmar.

I was extremely happy with the Night Lords, Orikan getting a refresh (Trazyn next?) and Asmodai going big. But then I saw Ushoran and the full-line refresh for FEC, and whatever 40k/HH have gotten tonight, it's AoS that stole the show imo. For me, it's impressive enough that I feel the itch to actually collect them now, which is rare enough of an experience these days.

They could've shown at least some more Dark Angels kits, surely. Some Ravenwing to go with the Deathwing Knights, for instance. Or.... Risen?

16 minutes ago, Ming the Merciless said:

No Mandrakes :confused:

They didn't even mention a new box. It appears the NL will come alone but I don't think that's the case. Or maybe I missed it.

Asmodai is great but I really need to change that awful base with a pedestal and monastery-type tiles. 

I keep seeing the terminators as a little blend but then I reminder myself they are not  deathwing so they are cool but really kitbashable with what we already have, IMHO.

The NL are great, love them. I will still paint the wings on the helmet crimson red though. The contrast with the rest of the model colour is superb.