White Scars Stormseer Consul

A minor nitpick, I think the hand needs to be tilted at the elbow so that the end of the staff is on the outside of his thigh and not the inside (it would be super awkward to move forwards with his current pose).

Otherwise this is an absolutely rad model! :wub:

14 minutes ago, WrathOfTheLion said:

I think it's a redesign of the Umbra pattern bolt pistol.

Ah, so the bolt pistol they would have included with the Mk VI sprues, if they were actually including a bolt pistol, like they used to with the older Mk III/IV sprues?

Cheers.

Dallo

4 minutes ago, Brother Dallo said:

Ah, so the bolt pistol they would have included with the Mk VI sprues, if they were actually including a bolt pistol, like they used to with the older Mk III/IV sprues?

Cheers.

Dallo

Yep. The despoiler upgrade kit pistol matches it I think. Hopefully we get more bolt pistols in the melee upgrade sprue.

Somehow it took this model for me to notice that most of Forge World's stable of White Scars models do not actually have scars on their bare heads. I guess they do that so you can do it yourself?

The model is really nice though, minus some posing issues, and I think with very minor modifications it could be made into nearly any consul you like.

Nice, not thrilling, but nice.

I note that this guy has both the conventional psychic hood and the circuitry built into the helmet, which somewhat explodes my theory that the circuitry was a counts-as-psychic-hood.

edit: actually there is some really cool subtle paintwork on the streamers hanging from his shoulders. maybe a bit thrilling.

Edited by de Selby

1 hour ago, skylerboodie said:

I like this model. I'm just glad that all the legions got their praetors before FW started moving on to legion-specific Decurions and Consuls...

This.

I think we're over 8 years since Raven Guard had any legion specific miniatures released!

I generally like the model and I'm happy for White Scars players and it's good to see Heresy Thursday getting some 28mm models again.