White Scars Stormseer Consul

39 minutes ago, de Selby said:

I note that this guy has both the conventional psychic hood and the circuitry built into the helmet, which somewhat explodes my theory that the circuitry was a counts-as-psychic-hood.

That's still my theory. After all it's well established that there's many variants of the same technological concept 

5 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

A minor nitpick, I think the hand needs to be tilted at the elbow so that the end of the staff is on the outside of his thigh and not the inside (it would be super awkward to move forwards with his current pose).

Otherwise this is an absolutely rad model! :wub:

I mean its not a moving forwards pose its a im calling down a lightning bolt pose!

4 hours ago, Varyn said:

This.

I think we're over 8 years since Raven Guard had any legion specific miniatures released!

I generally like the model and I'm happy for White Scars players and it's good to see Heresy Thursday getting some 28mm models again.

Honestly speaking, I feel Raven Guard and Iron Hands have gotten the shaft in general. They've got very few good novels (outside of the Black Books) and have even less models for you to choose from. Also, the Raukaan supplement didn't help the sons of Ferrus to boot.

Edited by Abanshee
bad grammar, lol

13 minutes ago, Abanshee said:

Honestly, speaking I feel Raven Guard and Iron Hands have gotten the shaft in general. They've got very few good novels (outside of the Black Books) and have even less models for you to choose from. Also, the Raukaan supplement didn't help the sons of Ferrus to boot.

Maybe that's why? Little percieved demand might be a factor.

Its weird though, maybe its limited to my local circle and online but I always felt there was a rearguard of IH fans at least... especially in Heresy.

Granted, none of that fondness translates to an actual IH army so maybe thats the problem? 

Now I'm talking myself into buying IHs... damn it I have enough legions!

Edit: The Stormseer is also neat and has me considering a WS detachment on top:facepalm:

Edited by StrangerOrders

13 minutes ago, StrangerOrders said:

Its weird though, maybe its limited to my local circle and online but I always felt there was a rearguard of IH fans at least... especially in Heresy.

Granted, none of that fondness translates to an actual IH army so maybe thats the problem? 

Now I'm talking myself into buying IHs... damn it I have enough legions!

Edit: The Stormseer is also neat and has me considering a WS detachment on top:facepalm:

It's a circular problem, no investment in IH/RG units or models = less to buy and fewer people buying them, so smaller margin, so make fewer, which sells fewer....

14 minutes ago, StrangerOrders said:

Yeah - that's the vicious circle of under-represented armies; lack of models stops people from doing armies, so a lack of customers stops models from being produced, and round and round we go. I still remember when the IH Contemptor went MIA for a while, we had to bring it up to Tony Cottrell at HH Weekenders to get it brought back. 

But maybe this WS Consul will give us more Legion-specific Consuls and models. I think this forum shows us that it only takes the odd good model for us to start entire new armies.

30 minutes ago, m_r_parker said:

Yeah - that's the vicious circle of under-represented armies; lack of models stops people from doing armies, so a lack of customers stops models from being produced, and round and round we go. I still remember when the IH Contemptor went MIA for a while, we had to bring it up to Tony Cottrell at HH Weekenders to get it brought back. 

But maybe this WS Consul will give us more Legion-specific Consuls and models. I think this forum shows us that it only takes the odd good model for us to start entire new armies.

Was thinking about it and had a bit of an epithany.

Armies like IW and IH are naturally kind of screwed by the way the system works.

They are mechanized legions and most lists you tend to see are mechanized too.

And most mech lists are made from models available for everyone with little in the way of room for unique units.

They might paint it like IH but from a sales PoV that isn't an IH player, its a generic legion player who won't necessarily react to an IH infantry unit.

Beyond that, its a matter of purpose a unit serves. I might love EC and have two full units of Phoenix Guard but that is realistically double the number of PG most people are likely to ever own. Gorgons are good and all but I rarely see them even in Bat Reps.

The weird one is RG, they have two units with sculpts which on paper go well with their typical lists. They just had their upgrades kit come out for their preferred armour mark.

There is really no excuse for RG NOT to sell extremely well atm and draw marketing attention outside of chars. Unless their players want to expect new stuff without buying their strong units with good sculpts and fairly above average upgrade kits...

Don't want to victim blame but the RG should be selling very well if there is demand and garner Praetors.

Edited by StrangerOrders

I'm beginning to wonder if this is part of a broader build-up to another campaign supplement (Lorin Alpha) in 2024.

We've just had the Legiones Hereticus rules for Emperor's Children, we've now had a Stormseer Consul for White Scars, and we've got the Assault Squad coming in the near future. There's a possibility that the Dark Mechanicum are the mystery army on the road map, as their rules have been finished since 2018-19ish, which also has them running parallel to the first draft of the Mechanicum rules for Heresy 2E. If the intent is to focus on the later stages of the conflict for now in 2E, Lorin Alpha is certainly screaming its lungs out as a potential candidate right now, assuming these recent releases aren't one big coinkydink.

image.png?ex=655fab8c&is=654d368c&hm=6e4

Neat stuff, nice change of pace

11 hours ago, m_r_parker said:

Yeah

Reminds me of a while back someone online someone was arguing that SoBs weren't that popular and didn't merit plastic models because they didn't see much demand for the metal SoB range or people playing SoBs. This was pre plastic SoBs or even the announcement that it was happening. Funny stuff, glad SoBs got out of that pit

19 hours ago, skylerboodie said:

I like this model. I'm just glad that all the legions got their praetors before FW started moving on to legion-specific Decurions and Consuls...

Yeah and the worst part is there aren't any suitable generic models to represent that either... Not to be a dick but anyone who didn't get a bespoke Preator until very recently is lucky and you shouldn't complain. At least when yours comes it won't be a stumpy marine. Imagine being stuck with the steaming turd that is the Dark Angels Preator or Jhonny big arms the Blood angel or stumpy steve the lord of the night the list goes on. 

16 hours ago, Joe said:

I'm beginning to wonder if this is part of a broader build-up to another campaign supplement (Lorin Alpha) in 2024.

We've just had the Legiones Hereticus rules for Emperor's Children, we've now had a Stormseer Consul for White Scars, and we've got the Assault Squad coming in the near future. There's a possibility that the Dark Mechanicum are the mystery army on the road map, as their rules have been finished since 2018-19ish, which also has them running parallel to the first draft of the Mechanicum rules for Heresy 2E. If the intent is to focus on the later stages of the conflict for now in 2E, Lorin Alpha is certainly screaming its lungs out as a potential candidate right now, assuming these recent releases aren't one big coinkydink.

image.png?ex=655fab8c&is=654d368c&hm=6e4

dont-give-me-hope-meme-3-768x409.jpg.2cc22194e8ced03da9d1850632431c1f.jpg