Palatine Enforcers Tauros Venator

If I was a betting man, I’d bet money when the Guard codex drops for 10th if the Catachan rework rumors were true this will be part of the codex boxed with a twin lascannon, Grenade launcher, and heavy Bolter crew sprue. 

11 hours ago, JayJapanB said:

I prefer the original, but this could be a good template to work with. Styrene sheets, tubes etc.

Still be a fair bit of work.

If guard get a version when their dex drops, it will have the original turret option, as well as at least one HK Missile (if not the two rocket tubes of the original). Those are the only real differences I see?

The headlights are slightly different, there's an Aquilla on the original's front faring, and the panels over the rear wheels have U-bars... And of course the pilot and gunner are different. But that's all I can see.

And again, even if I liked resin (and I don't), it should never be more expensive than plastic, and by virtue of being a Forge World product, the original would be.

Given the way it's talked about in the article regarding Armament "out of the box," mention of Elysians and the "Enforcer Inspired Armour" seriously makes me think AM will get access to them. I guess the biggest concern would he how similar it would sound to the "Taurox".

I hope they do because I'd love my main (still purely hypothetical) force mounted in Chimeras, a couple of these and  Taurox (with wheel conversion) with some form of infantry squad as a mechanised Recon element backed up by Valkyrie borne Kasrkin.

I love this, and I loved the original FW Tauros and Tauros Venator. I do think we will see this released for Guard too, hopefully with plastic Elysians!

If not, I've still got a goodie bag of Elysian las-rifles and some bits

Absolutely loved the original model. This new plastic iteration is very fine as well - however it seems some proportions were altered, the vehicle seems more "squished" (especially in length), there's also less depth in the wheel structure and there's a lot more roundness to the chassis - where the original had a lot of very appealing militaristic angularity (check out the front hood's arching plates, for example, or the rollcage itself).

Makes the model look a bit more of a civilian joyrider / dune buggy than the original "LRRD" Taurox and it takes away from the final result a small bit. Still very happy with it.

Now that you mention it, yeah, the front fender is rounded at the back rather than angled and it does sit closer to the tire. I didn't notice that in my first pass- it's more subtle than the headlights, the Aquilla and the rocket tubes I mentioned above, but you're right, there is a difference there.

The roll cage looks pretty much Identical to me.

As for length, I think that's down to the photos we have available. I'll be curious to hear from someone who ends up owning both versions.