Palatine Enforcers Tauros Venator

Except that 30k wasn't it's own thing in 9th, and I have no objection to Legends, meaning that for me, 30k isn't its own thing in 10th either- my Deathwatch can still ride in a Spartan if I'm so inclined.

I already have 10th Index cards for the Tauros Venator AND the Sky Talon because they were free... Which is why I want to know if the Sky Talon can carry the Tauros in the first place. I do secretly believe that a guard version of the new sculpt will come when the guard gets their dex... But even if it doesn't I already have everything I need to field a Necromunda one with my Guard.

5 minutes ago, ThePenitentOne said:

Except that 30k wasn't it's own thing in 9th, and I have no objection to Legends, meaning that for me, 30k isn't its own thing in 10th either- my Deathwatch can still ride in a Spartan if I'm so inclined.

I already have 10th Index cards for the Tauros Venator AND the Sky Talon because they were free... Which is why I want to know if the Sky Talon can carry the Tauros in the first place. I do secretly believe that a guard version of the new sculpt will come when the guard gets their dex... But even if it doesn't I already have everything I need to field a Necromunda one with my Guard.

Well then you have your answer already right? 

image.png.742c7775ad25de9a113bd666502b3902.png

I doubt we're getting any major changes to Legends or even Imperial Armour with release of the Codex.

So you have all the answers you need, for free, today.

My question was not about whether or not the rules allow a Sky Talon to carry a Venator- you're correct, I knew that already.

The question was about whether the new plastic venator model will physically fit in the space that the Sky Talon model has available. If they upscaled the new model, it might not. My speculation is that if we get a Warcom article about the venator, it won't answer that question.

I am particularly concerned about headroom as the new plastic turret looks taller than the old resin one.

4 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

The question was about whether the new plastic venator model will physically fit in the space that the Sky Talon model has available. If they upscaled the new model, it might not. My speculation is that if we get a Warcom article about the venator, it won't answer that question.

Your question was a little confusing, because you mention GW having a policy about "not creating 40k rules for Necromunda models"

So is it an issue of rules or models or what?

23 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

They won't tell us, because it's a Necromunda release, and GW seems to have a weird policy about not creating 40k rules for Necromunda models even in cases where it would make perfect sense to do it lore-wise and be savvy, sales-increasing business sense on top of that.

How many Cargo 8 fence-sitters would pony up and buy one if the GSC could use it in 40k?

I know I would.

As for the model, I'm sure we'll find out shortly after release. 

The turret does look too tall. 

I personally wouldn't use that turret anyway, and instead try to make something that looked like the original one.

Same with the fenders.

Honestly there are a lot of little detail differences that annoy me. (Looks like a tech demo for tessellation) 

image.thumb.png.b11fc9c3a8017129d8e480df6c9b8103.png

I wish I didn't get so hung up on this stuff when new models get released, but I do.

Geeking out about models is why I'm in this hobby.

I mentioned the policy of "no 40k rules for Necromunda models" as THE REASON why I suspect a Warcom article won't tell us whether or not the new model will work with the Sky Talon.

If making 40k rules for Necromunda was common, they certainly would tell us. Since it isn't, I'm guessing they won't.

My motivation for posting at all was to entice the first Sky-Talon-owning Frater who buys a plastic Tauros to let us all know whether or not the new plastic Venator model will fit with the existing Sky Talon model. If I'm going to find out anywhere, it's likely to be here. 

12 hours ago, JayJapanB said:

Honestly there are a lot of little detail differences that annoy me. (Looks like a tech demo for tessellation) 

image.thumb.png.b11fc9c3a8017129d8e480df6c9b8103.png

I wish I didn't get so hung up on this stuff when new models get released, but I do.

Oh ,absolutely, the wheels are incredibly inferior to the resin model :(

• 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Emperor Ming said:

Think the chances of that getting none legend 40k rules is low:yes:

Agreed. And I'm not sure where the "Plastic = NonLegends" mentality came from anyway.

If it ever made sense, it doesn't anymore. Not after the entire plastic Horus Heresy range was sent there. lol

Thanks for the size pics- the new sculpt is bigger, both in height and width... And turret width in particular. That means it might be a tight fit for the Sky Talon.

Another thing I'd like to know is how easy a pilot swap is. Like, how hard is it to convert a guard driver?

@Emperor Ming We will only get 40k rules if we also get a 40k model. If the turret and and driver are on a sprue in the Necromunda kit, the entire vehicle is portable to Guard. With a credible rumours of Elysians with the Guard release, it would be a very, very poor business choice to not reuse the mold for the main vehicle sprue in a guard kit. Given the sales of 40k vs the sales of Necromunda, being able to sell this kit to 40k players with a guard pilot would ensure the highest possible return on investment.

Or maybe FW makes the alternate pilot/ turret pieces.

@Orion

By all reports, plastic molds are quite expensive to make- I'm taking the word of other Fraters on that- I have zero first hand knowledge of such things.

With this kit being a Necromunda kit, the odds of GW recovering the investment in the mold are significantly lower than they would be if GW decided to reuse one of the sprues in the kit for a guard release when their codex drops. Once we find out whether the pilot and turret are on one sprue while the rest of the kit is another, we'll know more about how likely a guard release is. Similarly, if the rumours of Elysians for the guard release get confirmation, that also increases the likelihood.

Now, you're correct- it would be silly to move an existing 40k datacard to Legends  when you know you're just going to be bringing it back for the guard dex. But I'm not sure that's what happened to this model- I don't think it had a 40k datacard in 9th, Legends or otherwise.  

My feelings on the Repressor are similar- there will never be a better time to release a plastic kit than right now. The other faction known to work with Repressors, the Adeptus Arbites, have a current kit that supplies models for three datacards worth of Imperial Agents with official 40k rules; the firing platform rules are back, which provides the infrastructure for the vehicle to be reintroduced, and the Sisters are likely to get at least one model when their dex drops. And sure, even with all of that, it still might not happen... Bu it's possible.

Edited by ThePenitentOne

45 minutes ago, ThePenitentOne said:

Now, you're correct- it would be silly to move an existing 40k datacard to Legends  when you know you're just going to be bringing it back for the guard dex. But I'm not sure that's what happened to this model- I don't think it had a 40k datacard in 9th, Legends or otherwise.  

Had legends in 9th. 

Continued to be legends in 10th.

image.thumb.png.3a1af087038dc3bdd26d2749f0657f4e.png

image.thumb.png.7d34a76b35141c1fad641708e042a8ef.png

Huh, so there's another bit of difference and reason why I prefer the old resin. The overall proportions have changed. The resin sculpt is "flatter", like a Lamborghini. Implying speed and traction. The plastic one looks more blocky, even more "station wagon". 

@Orion

Cool- thanks for that- now I know they didn't bring back from the dead. I found some vague pictures of the sprues online, and it looked like the pilot pieces shared sprue with chassis pieces, but I couldn't be 100% sure.  If so, those two factors have taken some hope away.

There's still conversion, but who knows how easy or difficult that will be.

7 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

@Orion

Cool- thanks for that- now I know they didn't bring back from the dead. I found some vague pictures of the sprues online, and it looked like the pilot pieces shared sprue with chassis pieces, but I couldn't be 100% sure.  If so, those two factors have taken some hope away.

There's still conversion, but who knows how easy or difficult that will be.

According to this post on Reddit, the Enforcer stuff in on a different sprue, although I'm only going off the Reddit post.

10 minutes ago, Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla said:

Mostly, but chassis sides and front are on that sprue.

4tLPCA1.png

what would be more telling is how many sprues there are, if its even then that means that is definately means to be released with a different crew option, if its odd then its less likely