The Art of the Horus Heresy

On 12/12/2023 at 4:33 AM, matcap86 said:

Ahw man, new art. Now I have to get it... 

Also wait a gosh darned second: if they're commissioning new art for existing books. Could it be they're planning to do a reprint of the Horus Heresy novels??

It's GW, it's literally only a matter of time before they go back to the well on reprinting the novels with updated covers and new Collectors Editions. 

On 12/12/2023 at 4:33 AM, matcap86 said:

Edited by DemonGSides
Double post

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Matcap86 said:

Just cancel it; your wife-to-be will understand. And if not: she wasn't the one. 

:biggrin: not my wedding hahah but my partner definitely wouldn't appreciate me cancelling going to this wedding, its her bestfriends. I'll have to find some time in the morning to try and pre-ordrer, hopefully the lack of limited editions means the it might be ok

The limited run LEs range between 1000 to 2500 copies, so 6500 copies seems ok? Not sure how big their print runs were of the previous Art of books, but limited probably means "wont be reprinted" in this context, rather than "only scalpers get one". The fact that 3rd parties are getting some copies as well will hopefully mean you won't need to rely on GW website if you really want a copy.

44 minutes ago, Kastor Krieg said:

It might be a limited print run, but it's not a "LIMITED EDITION, ONLY ONLINE" kinda deal. My FLGS just sent us the order lists for Saturday and I can just get it from them.

If they are able to be ordered from FLGS, do we have a price already?

the prices for third parties used to be released for anyone to download via the GW trade website, but the spreadsheets stopped being uploaded at the start of 2024, at least in their old location (https://trade.games-workshop.com/resources/). Has anyone heard why or seen these available elsewhere? I assume GW now email these directly to their FLGS contacts, but would be helful to get clarity (and the prices/info early again!)

39 minutes ago, irlLordy said:

The fact that 3rd parties are getting some copies as well will hopefully mean you won't need to rely on GW website if you really want a copy.

Thanks for the heads up - I contacted my FLGS who said they had one left from their order/allocation, so I've managed to secure a copy (phew! :sweat:

Best of luck to everyone else trying to get a copy! :thumbsup:

I wouldn't be too worried; our LGS has been confirmed to be receiving a few, so I imagine that'll be standard for most places. Already asked for a copy to be set aside for myself.

I agree that I wish they wouldnt announce that sort of stuff, even though this is the sort of book you should be able to get , its not super limited like real Limited editions.

I think this is probably their normal print run for all the artbooks they have done in recent years.

Bearing in mind the crazy prices the original Collected Visions books are now going for, might be worth grabbing hold of a copy sooner rather than later if you want one. 

Although I don't expect it to get the same level of horrendous scalping as the latest Heresy book, as that's on NYT best seller lists and the like so was more likely to attract scalpers from outside of the hobby (I think this is a bit more niche by comparison). 

There is no chance the 6500 sell out quickly.  Most HH fans will already own an artbook like this.  There are no new images, other than False Gods.  What does this have that the last Visions of Heresy release didn't?  12 or so Siege covers and False Gods.  No other new artwork.  £42.50?  Nah.  I'm going to enjoy watching the scalpers get burnt with this one.  It'll be stacked high at WHW for the next few months.