The Art of the Horus Heresy

They didn't really. The book was up for nearly an hour in the UK (it didn't tick over to out of stock until 10:55), LGS' around the country are receiving them (we've received five, locally), and in general the book didn't even register for the scalping community (zero mention of it in any of the major scalping servers, very few copies listed).

This generally passed them by.

Yeah this honestly feels like collectors just going. "Welp get it now or never". Not necessarily scalping. Site was mostly functional and flgs getting okay stock isn't too bad for a celebration release item. 

I've managed to have a gander at one in the flesh (in the paper?) and whilst it's nice enough, it is just the cover art from basically all of the Heresy series. Includes audiodramas and novellas from what I could see, and a bit of commentary from Neil Roberts, but nothing incredible.

YMMV on it's worth at £40, as a significant chunk of it is literally just cover art over two pages and that's it.

2 hours ago, Ubiquitous1984 said:

I was completely wrong - I didn't expect this to sell out on day one.  

To be honest, I think it was because everyone anticipated scalpers again for some reason, and leapt at it when they they found it was available.  FOMO strikes again.

• 3 weeks later...

Well that’s rubbish. I’d suggest asking them for a replacement by I think I know how that will go…

I asked GW for an update on my order today and they said it can take up to 14 days for preorders to be despatched. I appreciate they’re busy atm, but I’m slightly concerned they’ve messed up my order as I’ve seen a few people have already got their copies (including several being on eBay).

Edited by VanDutch

10 hours ago, son of the forest said:

Received my copy today to find a defective page corner, very annoying 

20240226_230053.jpg

20240226_230101.jpg

That's just very poor from the printer they're using.