Heresy Thursday - Mark V & VI Legion Apothecaries

These are actually decent for once.

The Mk. V is pretty close to the original Forgeworld ones. Minor differences being in the helmet where the side tubing transitions to the cheeks, original is smooth whereas the new one is just a sharp cut. I feel though that the shoulder has too many studs, but the size of the studs seems correct compared to the Mk. VI one. The Backpack, however is quite a departure, will definitely have to see the rear to asses that. The arms seem to be the same as Mk. VI and not the Classic Mk. V with added cabling, but I guess that makes sense for their ease of cross compatibility.

99550101511_LegionMK5HeresyArmour01.jpg?

My favourite mk5 helmet to date, and I already rated them highly. If a plastic remake comes for it, I might be going that way with future purchases as opposed to mk3 - which boggles the mind considering how much I liked the old plastic mk3

20 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

Is the mk5 helm a bit.... snout-ish? The lense seems really far back and off to the side, it's making me dislike the helm massively.

That's what Mark V has always been supposed to be like, a prototype terminator helmet that was reworked into the Mark VII. It just hasn't been executed quite this extreme before.

Now if only Legions Imperialis had a mark V kit.

27 minutes ago, Cyrox said:

The helm also reminds of Tyberos the Red wake, which fits in with the whole MkV helmet being failed terminator design given the armour that he wears.

I’ve always assosiciated MKV with the Carcarodons. Despite the multitude of projects I got, this apothecary and some future new MKV plastics would sorely tempt me to add some firstborn to my Primaris Carcarodons 

34 minutes ago, Etruscan said:

Nice models but did we really need them? The now out of production predecessor Apothecaries were great models in themselves.

Still waiting on certain Legion specific Praetors………….

I don't think FW views Legion-specific Praetors with quite the same urgency as a lot of people do, because for most of Heresy's existence people just converted their own out of the generic ones anyway.

The Apothecaries were one of the older (smaller) resin kits, which might be why they got an update, even though I think they'd aged very well - height aside.

Edited by Lord Marshal

6 minutes ago, Ayatollah_of_Rock_n_Rolla said:

No way they remembered that Mk V is a thing. Won't it be currently the only Mk V model in production? Would be nice to have a plastic line-up for some Chymeriae project (yes, I'm aware that Blackshields are gone).

You can still buy the FW resin MK V marines and MK V assault marines, but they are a bit old and expensive. Once the Alpha Legion Sabateur is in production, that's also a MK V, if a bit spiced up.

We've definitely got (almost) the entire lineup of new armor mark designs though, which is good. We've got the plastic pintle gunner for MK II, we need to just see a new character in MK II to get a more full picture of how it will look.

Edited by WrathOfTheLion

3 hours ago, The4thHorseman said:

I feel though that the shoulder has too many studs, but the size of the studs seems correct compared to the Mk.

You do know the stud bindings were not something really standardised, right? And it's established that every armour mark comes in different patterns. 

4 hours ago, Mogger351 said:

Is the mk5 helm a bit.... snout-ish? The lense seems really far back and off to the side, it's making me dislike the helm massively.

It's ugly as sin, I love it. Looking forward to seeing the standard version without the apothecary modifications.

Overall just a nice release, wish it was plastic ;)

Humpf. Nice, very nice miniatures indeed. Specially, the MK5 one. But I hoped to see this in plastic boxes of two, even having just one type of Mk. As FW's resine miniatures you van only buy them in GW site. Not in independent retailers. 

A bit sad for me