image.thumb.png.825840fec088c31061ef1802c423a60a.png

Thanks to @WargamersR inTwitter, have notice this in the reveals of the new Dark Angel miniatures. In the actual CSM codex, terminators can't have thunder hammers, but in this pic we have not only one but two Black  Legion terminators having and using that kind of weapon against  Deathwing terminators...

image.thumb.png.f2cadb9e1d7eee0ac0baa1c473658552.png

Maybe is a new option in the future CSM codex. Perhaps.

Edited by AGRAMAR
Added another pic

That’s great art. I have my complaints about nu-lore, but the art has been on point.

Anyway, Chaos Terminator weapons are amalgamated into “Accursed Weapons.” They can be anything model-wise. Hammers, swords, axes, etc. That said, I would love a Chaos Terminator Lord kit that has back smokestacks like in that art. That’s a really cool touch, but it’s probably just artistic license.

1 hour ago, Marshal Loss said:

Looks like the design of both hammers was heavily inspired/copied from Mallex's thunder hammer. Probably just artistic license.

I'm not agree with you on this. I have spoken with several freelance artists who had made stuff with GW, doinng interviews, chatting,etc and all coincided in one thing: GW is more than quite specific in what to and not to draw. After all, they're illustrating the products and artistic properties of the company, more even  when we are talking about space marines.  And GW always  wants thing that can be made into physical products.

If the artist added just one, I'll agree with you. But two, is such composition? It's too specific, I think.

2 hours ago, Rain said:

That’s great art. I have my complaints about nu-lore, but the art has been on point.

Anyway, Chaos Terminator weapons are amalgamated into “Accursed Weapons.” They can be anything model-wise. Hammers, swords, axes, etc. That said, I would love a Chaos Terminator Lord kit that has back smokestacks like in that art. That’s a really cool touch, but it’s probably just artistic license.

You have it... and it is not a new model!

https://www.warhammer.com/en-GB/shop/Chaos-Space-Marine-Chaos-Lord-2019

Edited by AGRAMAR

21 minutes ago, AGRAMAR said:

I'm not agree with you on this. I have spoken with several freelance artists who had made stuff with GW, doinng interviews, chatting,etc and all coincided in one thing: GW is more than quite specific in what to and not to draw.

Yes they are clearly very involved in the process, but I've long since lost track of the amount of times people (myself included) have peered at a piece of artwork and it just ends up being artistic license. There are infinitely more pieces of art that don't depict actual models than there are that do. Speculating is fun but best not to read too far into things

CSM update will be in 2024 spring and it doesn't look like a big release on roadmap picture. If a new plastic terminator lord/sorcerer kit is the only 1 new model(or 1 of 2 new models) in the release, how would CSM players feel?

17 minutes ago, Tokugawa said:

CSM update will be in 2024 spring and it doesn't look like a big release on roadmap picture. If a new plastic terminator lord/sorcerer kit is the only 1 new model(or 1 of 2 new models) in the release, how would CSM players feel?

Extremely upset since bikers and a new lord were rumoured to be coming. 

But yeah there's supposedly big things coming for chaos as a whole. I don't expect much but good lord would it be nice to also see a new raptor and warp claws kit although I did just print a bloody fantastic one so I'm good there.

Edited by OttoVonAwesome

4 hours ago, AGRAMAR said:

I'm not agree with you on this. I have spoken with several freelance artists who had made stuff with GW, doinng interviews, chatting,etc and all coincided in one thing: GW is more than quite specific in what to and not to draw. After all, they're illustrating the products and artistic properties of the company, more even  when we are talking about space marines.  And GW always  wants thing that can be made into physical products.

If the artist added just one, I'll agree with you. But two, is such composition? It's too specific, I think.

You have it... and it is not a new model!

https://www.warhammer.com/en-GB/shop/Chaos-Space-Marine-Chaos-Lord-2019

Wich is a stance GW used to have up until 8th edition, at wich point they explicitely "announced" in one of the video's that while they used to have this standard they changed their ways on the matter.. evidence of wich we have seen many times since then ( including most codex covers ) with art that not only doesnt or wont  be equal to miniatures.. but quite some that doesnt even translate well to viable miniatures. 

There have still been times Where art was a precursor of things to come, but its far from guaranteed.

I would be happy if we got a new terminator lord kit for Chaos, the one we have today is kinda small, and the power armour lord model is carrying a hammer, but I am not holding my breath. Chaos marines needs other things more, bikers and talons/raptors as example. And if Games Workshop releases a lord kit, they will have to release a sorcerer lord in terminator armour too as they have this tendency to release monopose and set equipment for characters today. Good thing that Chaos is known for uniform and strictness. :tongue:

Cpt:anjou

Edited by Cpt.Danjou
talons instead of havocs

Feel like we've been here before with a piece of cover art that depicted a Chaos Terminator Lord with a massive mace or something, people were convinced that was a new model too but it was years ago now, even before the last CSM wave.

TL;DR, not every bit of art is a mini.

Edited by Halandaar

9 hours ago, LSM said:

That's how it is on the current kit. (The cape has exhausts pipes sticking up.)

I never noticed that, but you’re absolutely right! It’s funny because I used that kit way back when, but built it without the cape, so I didn’t recall there being exhaust pipes. That kit goes way back.

Well, first things first, World Eaters need to be given the Terminator Lord option back.

Edited by Rain

24 minutes ago, Rain said:

I never noticed that, but you’re absolutely right! It’s funny because I used that kit way back when, but built it without the cape, so I didn’t recall there being exhaust pipes. That kit goes way back.

Well, first things first, World Eaters need to be given the Terminator Lord option back.

Sadly I doubt that will happen in a while, maybe when the World eater codex, hits the market, spring 2025, but I doubt that too. Look at Thousand sons and see what wait for us, World Eater players, years of wishing that the second wave will come, it never will, because they are not loyalist Space Marines. But loyalist are the most popular faction so they must have new shiny things every second month. Wonder if it they are the most popular because they get promoted the most?

But another box that hopefully gets re-done is the Spawns, darn that must be the worst box and the most expensive one if you count £/points. And if the released that one, they can always say to Sons and Eaters "But you got Spawns with the Chaos Space Marine release, and here you have a Special Jackal and a Special tzaa.. tzagno.. ntzag...... blue goat. Be grateful now!"

The "big chaosy thingy" that will come during the year, might be Dark Mechanicum or Emperor's children, which will be similar to the Thousand son and World Eaters releases. One or two characters, a special three man unit with 40mm bases, and Battle line unit in power armour and another cultist unit, which will be "sexy" in the way teen boys think sexy is, and completely worthless on the battlefield. and if lucky a "fun" monster/vehicle. The Chaos Factions that already exists will have to stand back a while more.

Cpt.Danjou

I am not a bitter, I am an Iron Warriors player.  :)

Oh my expectations are rock bottom. I’m expecting a Butcher Surgeon buff character and nothing else for WE, other than maybe some CSM spillover. I would LOVE for a new CSM Termie Lord kit to come with a Khorne head and shoulderpad and to get a WE datasheet, but I don’t realistically expect it.

As for Spawn, I don’t have any, but if I did, I would just proxy some AOS minotaurs, Accursed Cultists, or some other AOS big beast/ogre unit on the appropriate sized bases. The current models are absolute trash, but given that Spawn have no definite form, they are very easy to proxy with much better models.

So yeah, can’t wait for the new Spawn models. Thanks James W :biggrin:

Edited by Rain

5 hours ago, Rain said:

Out of Horus Heresy, Traitor astartes codex/rules are a complete disaster and a waste in my opinion.

20 minutes ago, AGRAMAR said:

Out of Horus Heresy, Traitor astartes codex/rules are a complete disaster and a waste in my opinion.

40k Chaos is still paying the price for the 3.5 codex. Perhaps the best codex ever written by GW, and a symbol of a time when, for the briefest of moments, we outshone the Favored Sons themselves. We reached out to take our place at the head of the table, until our reach exceeded our grasp, and we were betrayed by the fickle tides of fate and Gavin Thorpe. It was not to be.

Indeed, it was a crime for which we can never be forgiven, and it lives on only as a taunting tale of halcyon days that will never come again. Our punishment is as cruel as it is eternal; to exist forever in the twilight half-life of slipshod and incomplete releases, peering with bitterness and contempt at our loyalist cousins.

Very on brand :biggrin:

PS: I actually thought the 9th edition CSM codex was quite good, though the World Eaters spinoff range is—more par for the course of 40k Chaos.

Edited by Rain