Horus Heresy in 2024

24 minutes ago, Naryn said:

What's weirding me out is that edited images make it look like this kit is using the old Sentinel legs, instead of the new ones. Did they recreate the about-to-retire plastic kit's legs?

Quite possibly.  The previous version of the sentinel was done in cad software, so they be able to port the legs over to another kit if they so desired.

29 minutes ago, Naryn said:

What's weirding me out is that edited images make it look like this kit is using the old Sentinel legs, instead of the new ones. Did they recreate the about-to-retire plastic kit's legs?

Looks like but not quite. It's very similar but not the same check the ankles.

29 minutes ago, CL_Mission said:

As a beakie enjoyer but also someone who likes the MKIII update a lot I'm hoping we just get see two distinct sets. Maybe each set can have some flashy options unique to each armour type.

I'd be surprised if they didn't do command and assualt marines of each type (mk 3 having breachers instead) GW loves to milk marines and heresy can do that for years and years.

4 hours ago, Mmmmm Napalm said:

Having examined the mk III guys arms from several angles, the additional vambrace plates dont look quite flush with the arm itself like the actual Mk. III arms. They seem to stick out a bit, which leads me to believe that the arms are the "mk agnostic" arms with the roundels that have had the vambraces glued onto em.

That, and the pose being just about identical to one of the tactical squad poses lends credence to this being an upgrade sprue intended to be used with the existing mk. III and VI squads. I really hope it's not the case, 'cause beyond wanting a greater variety of poses, I was planning on getting multiple command squad kits and using hypothetical blinged up marine bodies imagined it would include to make veterans, sergeants, etc.

This "command squad" being an upgrade sprue would be pretty lame but in keeping with the.... "economical" approach gw has taken with the HH plastic releases.

Interesting theory cuase the elbows don't seem to be flared like the standard mark 3 either but also I have to point out that either herald or command they are artificier armour models and there's also stuff that doesn't match it being a standard mk 3 with bits. The pose isn't as squat and toes seem to be pointing more straight it's a true standing pose not a battle squat. The shoulder pads sure could be extra bit but the rims are sticking out alot more the plastic ones do on the sides there.

2 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

I wonder if Solar Auxilia will get their own bespoke Liber now, maybe with the Militia Stuff added in since we know there’s multiple new units coming

I think we'll just get another Campaign Book which includes the new stuff. Siege of Cthonia dropped about six months ago, so it's probably about the right time for another one to appear. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

1 hour ago, Marshal Rohr said:

I wonder if Solar Auxilia will get their own bespoke Liber now, maybe with the Militia Stuff added in since we know there’s multiple new units coming

Makes me wonder what other new units are coming for them cuase there's a few interesting things in the lore they don't have in the list.

I would bet the new scout sentinels are the same size as the Cawdor Walkers and will be packaged as such. Two sprues of two walkers. The Heavier Aethon Pattern will be similar to a dreadnaught if the Legiones Imperialis size holds up, so one box of three sprues for 60 bucks. 

As for the new units I think they might not want to add units to a campaign book and might release new Libers as the expanded armies are redone. For instance they could do a new Liber for just Solar Auxilia that also includes all of the Militia and Legends units from the last year with a few tweaks that would justify a new book. I also expect what we’ve seen about the Old World may be the format for the Heresy going forward, ie the Liber remains unchanged, but a soft back Army focuses Book is also released that lets you do other things like the rumored all peasants and all chariots for Bretonnia and Tomb Kings. 

1 hour ago, Ripper.McGuirl said:

I would love another Cthonia style book with some Aux add-ons in it. I’d like it even more if they expanded on the ZM rules in it or added another game type. Black Book IV, which originally had the Solar Aux, also had City Fight rules as well….I definitely wouldnt hate those popping up!

Agreed. Cthonia was superb compared with the exemplary battles book. Tons of stuff in it and reasonably priced (relatively speaking).

34 minutes ago, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

According to Valrak´s latest video Shadrak Meduson will soon be released. Can´t wait to play my Iron Hands acting like sneaky Raven Guard with him.  :)

Oh that'd be nice. A return to named characters and for a legion that can use some love.

On 12/30/2023 at 8:42 PM, son of the forest said:

At the bottom of todays preorder article - That’s it for this year. Join us tomorrow for a special reveal to ring out the year

solar auxilia reveal maybe?

so nothing was shown?

I wouldn't expect to see anything of the Solar Auxila until LVO - they may well be the big reveal, given that AoS is doing Dawnbringers, 40k most likely Orks and/or Custodes as single models and probably the other half of the Night Lords KT box (rumoured to be Mandrakes).

1 hour ago, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

I would like it to be an upgrade sprue for the Command Squad. I prefer that approach.

Hopefully in 2024 we get the MKIV Tactical Squad updated to bring it in line with MKIII/MKVI.

Seems like all of them are already done and ready to go it's just up to gw to actually release them.

18 minutes ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

Seems like all of them are already done and ready to go it's just up to gw to actually release them.

More likely produce enough sets of them to barely qualify to pretend to be enough at launch.