Horus Heresy in 2024

4 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

Not sure how they'd do the artificer armour for the cmd squad if it were just an upgrade sprue.

Well if the colour plates from LI are an indicator they didn't really put much effort. Like a loincloth and a giant belt buckle. lol

I'm not sure the epic scale miniatures are a good frame of reference, considering one of the figures is clearly the AoD box praetor.

Still, that sounds about appropriate - the command squad retinue is supposed to be various line officers and veterans.

The MK III silhouette is clearly not an upgrade, given things like the tactical rock, which doesn't exist in the MK III kit.

I'm thinking it's a resin model, and the plastic command squad is in MK VI armor.

4 hours ago, tinpact said:

I'm not sure the epic scale miniatures are a good frame of reference, considering one of the figures is clearly the AoD box praetor.

Still, that sounds about appropriate - the command squad retinue is supposed to be various line officers and veterans.

You would think but the colour plate has no crazy trim just a mohawk and a big bronze buckle.

2 hours ago, Nephaston said:

Tactical Rock upgrade sprue?!

One can dream. 

Looking forwards to the command squad, however I've done my usual thing of hoarding bits to make my own custom one, and sat on them for long enough (only 6 months this time...) that an official plastic version comes out...

30 minutes ago, SalamandersBro said:

GW said all the Primarchs were going to get redone? Any idea which one is next?

There was a rumour a while back that they were doing an alternate version of the Khan but on a bike this time. I’d love for that to be true. His current model is great but he really should be on a bike :)

1 hour ago, MARK0SIAN said:

There was a rumour a while back that they were doing an alternate version of the Khan but on a bike this time. I’d love for that to be true. His current model is great but he really should be on a bike :)

Said every white scars character. The only ones who have to walk...

Definitely feel it should be Khan next for the poor White Scars players.

Although for personal reasons I want to see Russ and I hope it's with the spear (I know he wasn't a fan).

They stealth discontinued a bunch of the upgrade kits when the website got revamped, possibly earlier?

Maybe theyll fix the Grey slayers bolters lol

Maybe. The website is not great and some things are just missing from the Australian site (like Corax) so other versions might be seeing similar mistakes.

4 hours ago, SalamandersBro said:

GW said all the Primarchs were going to get redone? Any idea which one is next?

Lore-wise, isn’t Angron due a daemon treatment if Fulgrim got one? Also, I think he happens to be the oldest Primarch model, and possibly the smallest because the scale-creep train has no brakes? But it may be they don’t want resin daemon Angron competing with plastic daemon Angron.

I've explained it a few times now, but Simon Egan told attendees at the last Heresy Open Day in 2019 what his future plans were. It's been a fairly open secret what's been planned for about 4/5 years now. Valrak also recently alleged that Angron is next up, which would tick another one off the list at least.

image.png?ex=65ad8326&is=659b0e26&hm=c41