Legions Imperialis: The Great Slaughter

9 minutes ago, Joe said:

This doesn't seem to be the case all the time; the T'au release for 9E was in our LGS a solid 2-3 weeks before it officially went on pre-order, and we've had a few recent releases (Flesheater Courts, Dark Angels) that turned up a few weeks before they'd officially gone to pre-order for LGS.

Huh, might that be with GW shuffling around release windows but shipping still going ahead as originally planned?

• 3 weeks later...

This is no longer available on GW (UK), even as 'currently out of stock'? I thought they reprint these after the low initial stock is gone, at least for a bit, rather than straight up FOMO/limited?

1 hour ago, skylerboodie said:

This is no longer available on GW (UK), even as 'currently out of stock'? I thought they reprint these after the low initial stock is gone, at least for a bit, rather than straight up FOMO/limited?

:cuss:GW, can they stop messing stuff like this up for 5 minutes??

Edit: As amended by @Metzombie: Can their site function properly for like 5 minutes??

Edited by Matcap86

34 minutes ago, skylerboodie said:

Seems more like a problem on the UK site.

https://www.warhammer.com/de-DE/shop/legions-imperialis-the-great-slaughter-2024?queryID=f8a19e40d0c434354a638b8f832f2edf

It still shows on several non-UK pages, with a "Temporarily Out of Stock" indicator.

Incidentally, Wayland Games listed 9 exemplars of both the book and cards this morning. Since I missed it on pre-order day, I rushed to grab one of each. In less than 2 hours, all 9 were sold. To add to the confusion, when I spoke with them about my previous order (Spartan and Astartes support still missing), I asked about the Great Slaughter. I was told they would not have it in stock again (they didn't listed in the pre-orders initially). Then today, they did, but it came with a couple caveats indicating it was a single print run, only available while stocks last, limited to 1 per customer, and also that more were due to be available at a later date ... I love clear communications :teehee:

9 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

Someone found an LGS selling their preorders on eBay. Grimdark Games in the UK. 

Grimdark Games appear to be in Canada, but there's no contact details on their webstore either which is pretty suss. 

I ordered stuff from my FLGS.  Nothing here yet from an of the GS release wave and I still have no Kratos or Baneblades.  I was hoping to play LI at a convention this weekend, but I can’t see that happening now.

• 3 weeks later...

Considering the book is a 'core' item, really it should be as readily available as the starter box and rulebook. I think a lot of people are getting by on the Army Builder app/site, which means the most hilarious thing to happen right now would be for GW to hit with a C&D notice.

23 hours ago, Taliesin said:

For those who are wanting copies, the book is available again on warhammer.com

Is it? I cannot find it using the search?

I got a mail saying it was back in stock but the link in that email gives a 404 page not found error.

lols i guess.

It's getting very frustrating.

I'm taking part in a slow grow (500pts per month) campaign at my local club.

I now have 1,500pts which is 2 starter sets and some odds and sods I got on eBay.

Next month I need to muster another 500pts but the only way I can do this is to add in Solar Auxilia to my Astartes, which I didn't want to do as I was hoping to sell them on.

I think almost everyone in the campaign is having similar issues.

It's also not ideal running lists using models I can find, rather than models I want and almost everyone I'm playing against has pretty much an identical list because that's all we can get hold of.

It's making it difficult to invest both financially and mentally into the game.

11 hours ago, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

400 bucks?! Kangaroo dollars?

Kiwi Dollaroos.

But we get out stock from Ozzy, so we share their pain plus 25%ish

Edited by Interrogator Stobz

@StraightSilver - I think it is a fairly widespread problem. I don't think I have played a game yet where there weren't at least some (or a lot of) printed or proxy minis fielded by my opponent. Otherwise the lists are limited or mirror matches, depending on what is available officially.

And all of this sort of discussion on social media has about 50% of the replies which read "printer goes brrrr". Which now feels like the Legions equivalent of the random Twitter bot replies of "**Censored** PiCs iN BiO".

I have no doubt in 2 years time they will release one 'omnibus' book which combines all rules stat-lines, the 3-4 expansions, and the miniatures for most options will be generally available. But that doesn't help the game right now, when it could have built a lot more momentum with everyone excited about Legions because it is new.

Edited by Pacific81