Legions Imperialis: The Great Slaughter

I want some Legions Imperialis but couldn't get hold of any new stuff, so I'm actually worried how this issue affecting me is likely affecting others and thus endangering the game.

Spartans look so cool, I hope their rules are good too. Something tells me though that a transport with 2 wounds is a death trap waiting to happen.

The Land Raider though, they can move pre-game right? So that'll be interesting how it is going to affecting gunlines.

29 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

I want some Legions Imperialis but couldn't get hold of any new stuff, so I'm actually worried how this issue affecting me is likely affecting others and thus endangering the game.

Spartans look so cool, I hope their rules are good too. Something tells me though that a transport with 2 wounds is a death trap waiting to happen.

The Land Raider though, they can move pre-game right? So that'll be interesting how it is going to affecting gunlines.

The Spartan seems pretty good, particularly with Laser Destroyer Arrays and a Multi-Melta. The transport capacity is very good as well and at this point is the only reliable way to get Terminators up the board and able to assault ASAP since Deep Strike doesn’t allow it. 

There was an effort in my community to get IA organized. People started talking about who would make what kinds of terrain, and how to potentially write xenos armies.

But only 2 out of 7 managed to get any meaningful amounts of product for the launch, that the project died.

People tried again for ToW, to rebuy and replay the armies of ye olden years, and make old school terrain.

But same story has happened 

Half of the people that I know who are playing are just printing their models. The lack of availability has hampered the game big time and going into my LGS yesterday, they were saying that while they love the premise of the game and want to have LI nights that it’s just not feasible with the lack of model support currently. 

It’s so weird that they’re not supporting the game. It’s such a basic thing to fail to provide space marine infantry in a Warhammer game that it feels bizarre to have to even say it. 

I’m not normally in favour of 3d printing but here it doesn’t seem so much justifiable as essential. As someone who has stuck to GW products I can’t build my army, so I can’t play. And I face buying drop pods at 4 for £30, with maybe 20 pieces each, which is ridiculous for a 6 point model. 

3 hours ago, Mandragola said:

It’s so weird that they’re not supporting the game. It’s such a basic thing to fail to provide space marine infantry in a Warhammer game that it feels bizarre to have to even say it. 

I’m not normally in favour of 3d printing but here it doesn’t seem so much justifiable as essential. As someone who has stuck to GW products I can’t build my army, so I can’t play. And I face buying drop pods at 4 for £30, with maybe 20 pieces each, which is ridiculous for a 6 point model. 

I’ve been trying to resist using 3D printed models. I want to support GW, I really do and the best way to do that is to purchase their product…. but if I want to play the game and they don’t want to make their product available, then I will do what I must.

Hell, I went and purchased individual units on eBay just to avoid 3D prints, but yesterday pushed me over the edge. I already planned on having my buddy print Armigers because I’m not paying those prices, but another botched launch and another expected fight to get the models even when they are released, I’ve given up. 

My buddy is printing me up plenty of Spartans, Leviathans and Dorito Dreadnoughts along with the original Warhound weaponry that GW still won’t re-release. They lose my money and I get to keep playing. Screw ‘em. 

I'm one of those that spends too much on GW products over the years, but this is a first for me, skipping out on LI completely due to unavailability. I was excited for it. I don't see a point getting involved if the community can't even get off the ground in the first place. Same sentiment with old world. Something has got to give with this "out of stock" conundrum with GW. At the very least, there reputation is taking a big hit. If social media is anything to go by, the hammering is rough. 

Edited by Ahzek451

Besides the issues with the models (quality/expense/availability), the approach they’re taking with the rules is horrible.

I was already lukewarm about the Titan focus of the first follow-up release (not least because I’ve just spent the past few years collecting the _Adeptus Titanicus_ ruleset as a glorified subscription), so when I logged on to the (dreadful) GW website to find The Great Slaughter sold out at 10.15, any sense of disappointment was quickly overtaken by the realisation that waiting a year or two is likely to mean a proper rulebook, with actual army lists and rules refined by real playtesting, is available – just as happened with Necromunda.

Assuming you bought the first book and decided ‘I’ll collect Space Marines’ – a not uncommon decision, I’d guess – then this new book has about ten pages of actual rules for your new army. The new ‘game mode’ amounts to some addenda to the Titan rules that could (and arguably should) have been in the basic rules anyway. 

The logistics of the models are annoying but potentially excusable. The execrable quality and predatory sales approach GW are taking with the rules is entirely of their own making.

Edited by apologist

Yeah from what I can tell nothing about The Great Slaughter couldn't have been in core rulebook, this was a day 0 planned DLC to drip release rules.  It even sounds like the design philosophy has changed between the two books with weapon swaps costing points.  Who is wanting to use LI super simple Titan rules for Titan vs Titan combat.  GW already has a Titan combat game.

19 minutes ago, Black Cohort said:

Yeah from what I can tell nothing about The Great Slaughter couldn't have been in core rulebook, this was a day 0 planned DLC to drip release rules.  It even sounds like the design philosophy has changed between the two books with weapon swaps costing points.  Who is wanting to use LI super simple Titan rules for Titan vs Titan combat.  GW already has a Titan combat game.

Not just a Titan combat game, but an unquestionably better game all around and quite possibly the best game they’ve made in quite some time if not ever. Chances are it will also now be completely unsupported and even the little support they gave it over the last couple years comes in the form of overpriced Knights and weapon upgrades that they can’t even be bothered to give us proper cards for. 

That reminds me, I think the official GW Heresy FB page blocked me after yesterday’s fiasco lol

Edited by DuskRaider

52 minutes ago, Interrogator Stobz said:

I wonder how long before they block me too. Hahahaha! :devil:

Just now, Noserenda said:

They do seem to love a shadowban

I made a comment about how they screwed people over by posting everything early and how they’re forcing people to 3D print their own stuff and suddenly I can’t find the post or even the page, lol

I made a comment when LI was announced....I said it would be undersupported and DoA.  It is happening.  Such a pity....GW dont respond to comments on posts that are anything other than gushing fanboy.  This game will go the way of AI and AT and die off despite its huge allure and potential.  Such a shame.  GW will put their heads in the sand and continue to give out the lions share of new models to the influencers and yes men, while scalpers will hoover up anything thats leftover...GWs contempt for average fans couldnt be any clearer.

I love the lore, I love the hobby, I am hugely disappointed in GW currently.

I mean what's more likely happening, is what Chris Peach alluded to in one of the podcasts: That they have some people on the business planning side of thing who have 0 actual connection to the community who are planning on how much stock to order/print/produce. This means stuff that people are hyped for often gets underproduced initially as that part of the business just doesn't have it's finger on the pulse of the consumers.

Is that a good thing? No certainly not from the consumer standpoint. It also kind of baffles me that they don't manage to take into account clear demand from product flying off the shelves faster than they can create it for an expansion. Misjudging the initial launch is unfortunate but can happen, but with an expansion you'd think they know how many launch boxes they sold and what the market size is.

Though might be that these production runs have all been done months/years in advance so course correction will only happen later in the lifecycle. 

I think we're seeing the problem here of a company that moves relatively slow, operating in a market and culture that demands instant gratifcation and catering to personalised tastes. 

Edited by Matcap86

52 minutes ago, beefeb said:

continue to give out the lions share of new models to the influencers and yes men

Like even if they give 100-200 boxes out to influences that a nothing amount. While they give a comical amount of stuff to pretty small channels i cant see it affecting overall stock levels. They just don't make enough. 100 here or there wont change that. 

27 minutes ago, Matcap86 said:

I mean what's more likely happening, is what Chris Peach alluded to in one of the podcasts: That they have some people on the business planning side of thing who have 0 actual connection to the community who are planning on how much stock to order/print/produce. This means stuff that people are hyped for often gets underproduced initially as that part of the business just doesn't have it's finger on the pulse of the consumers.

Is that a good thing? No certainly not from the consumer standpoint. It also kind of baffles me that they don't manage to take into account clear demand from product flying off the shelves faster than they can create it. Though might be that these production runs have all been done months/years in advance so course correction will only happen later in the lifecycle. 

I think we're seeing the problem here of a company that moves relatively slow, operating in a market and culture that demands instant gratifcation and catering to personalised tastes. 

I'm actually starting to (cynically) think it's intentional....

I was list building last night now I have 4 Spartans coming (you get 4 in a box). 4 Spartans can hold 20 bases? That's awesome. But, the only way to currently get 20 bases of Terminators is to buy 10 starter sets..... 

Jokes aside (I'm only half joking) it is starting to get frustrating that I simply can't buy any models.......

3 minutes ago, Nagashsnee said:

Like even if they give 100-200 boxes out to influences that a nothing amount. While they give a comical amount of stuff to pretty small channels i cant see it affecting overall stock levels. They just don't make enough. 100 here or there wont change that. 

Again, this is where the Painting Phase interviews really shine; John Ashton gave us really good what's what last year on it all.

Influencers (or rather, creators is the preferred term) aren't the problem.

I think if the FOMO was intentional (at least for the non-limited stuff), they'd be producing far less AoS boxes than they have been. It's very easy to get any of the new stuff, even the limited edition sets. Hell, even Leviathan is very easy to find boxes of with a quick Google even half a year after the fact. The problems seem to be with... everything else. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

23 minutes ago, Lord Marshal said:

I think if the FOMO was intentional (at least for the non-limited stuff), they'd be producing far less AoS boxes than they have been. It's very easy to get any of the new stuff, even the limited edition sets. Hell, even Leviathan is very easy to find boxes of with a quick Google even half a year after the fact. The problems seem to be with... everything else. 

Yeah. If they could sell a box to every single person who wanted one, they would.

Not sure about the exact day-to-day underlying causes, but the company is struggling to meet the demands brought about by all their different release cycles.

They are putting themselves under pressure due to the three year cycles because sales for launches are always very good.

However, there will be plenty like me who bought Leviathan and have then spent nothing on 40k products (unless it is also Heresy adjacent) because I don't like the 40k game anymore. So, for 3 years they aren't going to get my 40k money.

I am, however, spending money on LI and 30k, so my miniature (hah, pun!) protest won't achieve anything - but I've already stopped buying Necromunda because I have everything I want, I've finished my 30k collecting for the foreseeable future, so that leaves LI to fill my hobby hole and GW won't let me buy anything or play the 'full' game, so before too long I'll have no new projects to start, so my £1000's spent over the next few years is going to dwindle down to 100's and then 10's as I merely add the occasional new unit to already existing armies. 

I got two notifications from Wayland regarding my order, one for the Legiones Astartes Support, the other for the Spartan Assault tanks.

Due to the limited availability and popularity of the Legions Imperialis: Spartan Assault Tanks, as stated in the product description there is a limitation on how much stock is available for the release day which will affect your order. We are in constant communication with the supplier and are working hard to try and obtain additional stock to fulfil all demand for the release day, but unfortunately, we don't have an estimated date at the moment.

We have been reliably informed that we will be receiving more stock at a later date, rest assured your order will be shipped as soon as additional stock has arrived.

So, basically no idea when my order will be fulfilled ...

No notification (yet?) for the Solar Auxilia part of my order. I expect this part of my order to be more easily fulfilled as I ordered minimal amounts.

Astartes is hotter.

Edit: For the initial launch, they indicated on the website when their initial allocation was sold out. Not this time.

Edited by Mendi Warrior

23 minutes ago, Mendi Warrior said:

No notification (yet?) for the Solar Auxilia part of my order. I expect this part of my order to be more easily fulfilled as I ordered minimal amounts.

Just how much Marine and Solar Aux stuff did you order?