Legions Imperialis: The Great Slaughter

1 hour ago, Burni said:

Thanks. So there’s a fair bit ready to go. Doubtful they’ll go LI again this week then.  I just want my drop pods :confused:

And even if its LI again next week I would expect the titans first for the Titandeath book. Already surprised they aren't up this week

Interestingly, I was refreshing like the god old days. and then;

The book and cards appeared on the webstore at 9.37am. Then the Kill Team Striking Scorpions appeared at 9.40am, then the Terminator Captain at 9.48am, then the SM Scouts, then at 9.50am the Solar Auxilia LI stuff, and then just before 9.55am the Spartans and Astartes support.

This is new - it used to be that pre-orders just went up all at once, this is the first time I've seen them staggered like this - an attempt to at least delay scalper bots?

I checked WaylandGames, DarkSphere and ElementGames and no trace of the book in pre-order there. Wayland and DarkSphere don't even show anything about it, while ElementGames indicates "unavailable". All 4 boxes of models are on pre-order with at least Wayland indicating a very low number available hence potential for delays.

I'll see how my order goes, I went heavy Astartes ...

Thanks for the info. I avoid backorders like plague.

My dad got burned by Amazon, ordering a book "to be released". He paid, then waited, and waited, and waited ... The book got released and went out of print as there were a limited number of copies, Amazon getting none of course. He eventually cancelled his order after 20+ months of waiting and they failed to reimburse him. He is playing ping-pong with their customer service since a few months now ... extremely frustrating. Two weeks ago, the book could still be ordered, now showing the year 2099 as estimated release date ...

Most of my FLGS also have the book and cards as available on backorder. Seems they underestimated demand (again) but are planning on reprints of the stuff. 

Edited by Matcap86

31 minutes ago, Mendi Warrior said:

I checked WaylandGames, DarkSphere and ElementGames and no trace of the book in pre-order there. Wayland and DarkSphere don't even show anything about it, while ElementGames indicates "unavailable". All 4 boxes of models are on pre-order with at least Wayland indicating a very low number available hence potential for delays.

I'll see how my order goes, I went heavy Astartes ...

Dark Sphere posted on their FB page Thursday that they aren’t getting enough books to bother listed them. They did have a register interest list for the models though (which I’m was grateful for).

Interesting that they say they’ll reprint the cards. I skipped the cards because I didn’t get the first set and thought they were one and done. If they are re-releasing the original set I’d be interested though. 

Ok let me preface this by saying I LOVE legions imperialis and Titanicus even more. I have tons of the latter and lots of the former (flyers and vehicles) direct GW plastic as the mini gods decree but i could not stomach the plastic tactical marines before, and it looks like printing rapiers will be the way again., because i just cant stomach GW prices for this level of quality, Look at that rapier marine, i can literally make better at home, there is in my eyes no excuse. That said i still got the book and some spartans cause the game is awesome and infantry aside minis are great! 

1.jpg

10 minutes ago, Nagashsnee said:

Ok let me preface this by saying I LOVE legions imperialis and Titanicus even more. I have tons of the latter and lots of the former (flyers and vehicles) direct GW plastic as the mini gods decree but i could not stomach the plastic tactical marines before, and it looks like printing rapiers will be the way again., because i just cant stomach GW prices for this level of quality, Look at that rapier marine, i can literally make better at home, there is in my eyes no excuse. That said i still got the book and some spartans cause the game is awesome and infantry aside minis are great! 

1.jpg

The rapier itself is fine to me, but that infantry model was indeed one of the first ones that was very noticable as being pretty bad. 

New formations and units taken from the GMG video for anyone interested, hope its ok to post these?

Legiones Astartes:

Spoiler

Formations:

Legion Sky-Hunter Phalanx - Compulsory: 4x Vanguard slots - Optional: 2x Light Armour, 1x Air Support, 1x Vanguard - Rules: The compulsory slots must be filled with Scimitar, Land Speeder or Javelin detachments and Scimitar, Land Speeder and Javelins get Outflank. No mention of Outriders in the special rules, might be a mistake? If correct Outriders can only be taken in the single optional slot and don't gain outflank.

Legion Drop Pod Assault - Compulsory: 1x HQ, 1x Support, 2x Core - Optional: 2x Core, 1x Air Support, 2x Support - Rules: All Infantry must be in Drop Pods (excluding deep strike models) and all walkers must be in Dreadnought Drop Pods

Detachments:

Legion Outrider Squadron - Vanguard - 30pts for 2x, +30pts for 2x more, +60pts for 4x more - Jink (6+)

Legion Scimitar Jetbike Squadron - Vanguard - 35pts for 3x, +35pts for 3x more, +70pts for 6x more - Jink (6+), Skimmer

Legion Land Speeder Squadron - Vanguard - 30pts for 2x, +30pts for 2x more, +60pts for 4x more - Jink (6+), Skimmer

Legion Javelin Squadron - Vanguard - 33pts for 2x, +33pts for 2x more, +66pts for 4x more - Jink (6+), Skimmer

Legion Spartan Detachment - Transport - 80pts per model, +2pts for lascannon instead of heavy bolter, +5pts for pintle multi-melta - Assault Transport (5)

Legion Land Raider Detachment - Transport - 40pts per model,+5pts for pintle multi-melta but only 1x per three Land Raiders - Assault Transport (2), Forward Deployment

Legion Drop Pod Detachment - Transport - 6pts per model,+32pts for 1x Palisade Drop Pod at max 1x per normal Drop Pod - Transport (2), Drop Pod

Dreadnought Drop Pod Detachment - Transport - 7pts per model,+32pts for 1x Palisade Drop Pod at max 1x per normal Drop Pod - Large Transport (2), Drop Pod

Palisade Drop Pod - only as upgrade - Drop pod, Shield Generator (5+)

Legion Deathstorm Drop Pod Detachment - Support - 32pts for 2x, +32pts for 2x more, +64pts for 4x more - Drop Pod

Solar Auxilia:

Spoiler

Formations:

Solar Auxilia Artillery Company - Compulsory: 1x HQ, 3x Artillery- Optional: 2x Support, 2x Bastion - Rules: Earthshaker cannons and Medusa siege guns don't suffer -1 to hit when firing without line of sight

Solar Auxilia Mechanised Infantry Sub-cohort - Compulsory: 1x HQ, 1x Support, 2x Core - Optional: 2x Vanguard, 1x Air Support, 1x Support - Rules: All infantry detachments must be upgrades with Dracosans

Solar Auxilia Super-heavy Company - Compulsory: 3x Heavy Armour - Optional: 2x Heavy Armour - Rules: Tank Commander same as core book, while two or more models from this formation are in range of the same objective, increases tactical strength of each model by 1

Detachments:

Auxilia Dracosan Detachment - Transport - 37pts per model, +5pts for demolisher cannon instead of twin lascannon, changes Transport from (4) to (2) - Explorator Adaption, Transport (4)

Auxilia Cyclops Battery - Support - 40pts for 2x, +40pts for 2x more, +80pts for 4x more - Compact, Remote Controlled Detonation (when within 12" of a friendly commander can detonate: attacks with all blast weapons, template over cyclops, no scatter) The detonation charges are listed like normal weapons and I can't find anything why it shouldn't be allowed to just attack with them without detonating raw? Of course that shouldn't be used like this and will likely be errataed 

Auxilia Malcador Infernus Squadron - Battle Tank - 70pts for 1x, +70pts for 1x more, +140pts for 2x more - Chain of Command, Explorator Adaption

Auxilia Valdor Squadron - Battle Tank - 70pts for 1x, +70pts for 1x more, +140pts for 2x more - Chain of Command, Explorator Adaption

Auxilia Stormhammer Squadron - Heavy Armour - 100pts for 1x, +100pts for 1x more, +200pts for 2x more, +4pts to exchange multi-laser sponsons for lascannon sponsons - Chain of Command, Explorator Adaption

Auxilia Medusa Battery - Artillery - 130pts for 4x, +130pts for 4x more, +260pts for 8x more - Chain of Command, Explorator Adaption

Auxilia Basilisk Battery - Artillery - 140pts for 4x, +140pts for 4x more, +280pts for 8x more - Chain of Command, Explorator Adaption

I'm surprised the Land Raider profile is just a 'generic' one and not specifically the Explorator - they have both Forward Deploy and Assault Ramp.

My cynical brain initially thought they'd drop the Explorator first because people would be hungry for LRs and then drop the Carrier version later, but nope, they both use the same profile. Surprising, but I'm not going to complain since I prefer the look of the Explorator. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

59 minutes ago, Nagashsnee said:

Look at that rapier marine, i can literally make better at home

If you are fortunate enough to have a 3d printer then good for you, but a few points:

- I should imagine that laying out miniatures for casting on a plastic sprue is different to designing something for 3d printing, so compromises need to be made

- having painted up the Marine infantry, and actually played with them in the tabletop, when you're looking at these miniatures from over 3 foot away, most of the details are lost anyway. It's how they look enmasse that's the important thing :thumbsup:

- even if you're 'painting these for display', unless you've got a special display case with some kind of  magnifying glass that increases their visibility by at least 4 time, you're still likely going to be looking at these from at least 2-3 foot away - again, details will get lost at that distance. 

Without wanting to sound confrontational or critical of other people's opinions, the only criticism of these 8mm sculpts I would be genuinely interested in hearing is from someone who actually works designing miniature kits & sprues, and who understands the processes requirements of casting plastic miniature kits. If someone who does that as their job looks at these and says 'the details on these 8mm miniatures could be made sharper and better defined by making these changes that I'm qualified to explain', then I'd say it's absolutely fair.

Oh, one more thing - as someone who painted quite a few of the old 6mm scale Epic infantry, the detailing is greatly improved from the most part on these new miniatures. I remember a Space Marine Captain for old Epic whose 'face' was a blob with three tiny, tiny holes; the best you can do at that scale (pre CAD sculpting as well!), but no doubt some people would complain if that was released today..! :rolleyes:

Edited by firestorm40k

1 hour ago, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

Great Slaughter book as well as Legion Support & Spartans are not available anymore. In what kind of world do we live in? I wanted to order a few from my local GW store. Jesus!

One where the country GW manufactures in doesn’t have any spare power capacity for power intensive manufacturing.  It’s only going to get worse in future as we lose remaining coal fired and older nuclear plants, with replacements not coming in on time or being inadequate at reliably generating power.

Fun times ahead!

2 hours ago, Nagashsnee said:

1.jpg

That guy next to the rapier looks like a misshapen tictac. :laugh:

The power generation has nothing to do with the books though, they aren’t printed on-site anre they? They certainly didn’t used to be and outsourcing has been common. There is some deeper problem here that GW is not being very candid about in its annual reports.