Las Vegas Open Preview Stream - January 18th/19th

On 1/12/2024 at 10:14 AM, ZeroWolf said:

To be fair, we still have the missing Terminator Captain figure lurking somewhere out there and I wouldn't put it past GW to sneak in a ballistus/infernus multipart kit with a DA/BA/BT/DW/SW codex this edition.

I haven't heard of this rumour before. Multipart termi capt?

1 hour ago, ISBEAR said:

I haven't heard of this rumour before. Multipart termi capt?

The Terminator Captain isn't a rumor. He was shown off at Nova Open along with the rest of the new Marines. He just wasn't released as part of the subsequent codex launch for whatever reason:

cM1CWKqFjeC7Hs4V.jpg

On 1/12/2024 at 9:00 PM, Taliesin said:

Warhammer Fest seems very late though considering there is still supposed to be a "mystery army" to be released in January or February, as per last  year's roadmap.

There isn’t a Warhammer Fest this year. 

On 1/13/2024 at 4:24 PM, Etruscan said:

I'd love to see a Dantioch character but totally get that a generic traitor IW would make sense first.

Incidentally, what's all that talk about Iron Hands going traitor that Valrak suggested? Seems a bit of a stretch to me after everything that happened. Certain elements of the IH  acted dubiously no doubt but I can't seem them going down the path of following Horus...

Looks like someone is going round taking what I said out of context again, I stated the Iron Hands were as bad as HERETICS for what they did during the Horus Heresy after their Primarch fell and what they did to Shadrak.

Lets not forget about the Dreadnought incident as well ;)

On 1/12/2024 at 9:50 PM, StrangerOrders said:

Desperately hoping Valrak is wrong and the Studes is a unit rather than an HQ and that the Mec-boy-gundam is unnamed. Something feels annoying about a codex only getting a named char since it only adds so much customization.

He probably is a nobody, I just heard that it was a Mek in a big suite, when I say character I mean HQ, just my Valrak mannerisms. 

32 minutes ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Looks like someone is going round taking what I said out of context again, I stated the Iron Hands were as bad as HERETICS for what they did during the Horus Heresy after their Primarch fell and what they did to Shadrak.

Lets not forget about the Dreadnought incident as well ;)

As much as I love Shadrak, the Heresy badly needs (needed?) more arsehole Loyalist characters. All the heroic paragons of righteousness making glorious last stands start blurring together. Why should the Iron Hands get all the fun?

Edited by Lord Marshal

HH devs definitely have room to go out of pocket for character releases. The loyalist WLT's for traitor elements are pretty good (UM), vice versa for traitors that are loyalist (SoH). Remember we got Contekar instead of Atrementar, Golog instead of Forrix etc. Plenty of precedent of HH devs subverting expectations and doubling down on bad design- remember 1.0 cata DA Inner Circle getting sweeping advance? 

4 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

What's nice is that Mandrakes will be a KT preview, but they're just as much a 40k unit. Still hoping for a whole lot of Kroot.

Id love to see Kroot, but I’m not overly optimistic with 2 books coming ahead of Tau on the roadmap. I doubt they’ll show off the whole release for a book two books ahead. Maybe a model from the release. 

1 hour ago, fire golem said:

Id love to see Kroot, but I’m not overly optimistic with 2 books coming ahead of Tau on the roadmap. I doubt they’ll show off the whole release for a book two books ahead. Maybe a model from the release. 

If anything, it'll just be the model that was in shadow from the new year 40k preview (same place we saw the custode and ork mek). If not now, probably Adepticon and most assuredly at the online warhammerfest preview. Though now I think about it, they might do a mini preview for an open day like how we got to see Farsight last year.

I would love to see some female mandrakes in the bunch but anyway I'm so excited for this box. 

New Nightlords are really cool and I always happy for some "new" Drukhari/DE unit.

If (unlikely) even the terrains will be awesome, this is by far the most interesting release in the near future for me. 

I was really hoping GW would replace the Ork Tankbusta's with a plastic kit this edition. Has that ship sailed? Do the reliable rumourmongers say that we're just getting a new Mek and the codex?

It's not like they could do a KT of them in the future either - not a very KT friendly unit.

aC98IbVCYRnTbyfC.jpg

Don't shine a blacklight in Commoragh

I'm not sure what this would be for? Potentially Mandrakes shadowstep kind of thing or maybe Warpspiders like the Artel W minis? Could alos be Coral for Idoneth Deepkin

Edited by TrawlingCleaner

35 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

aC98IbVCYRnTbyfC.jpg

Don't shine a blacklight in Commoragh

I'm not sure what this would be for? Potentially Mandrakes shadowstep kind of thing or maybe Warpspiders like the Artel W minis? Could alos be Coral for Idoneth Deepkin

Definitely looks like a coral skeleton to me, I think it goes with last weeks rumor engine, so indeed the not 40k weird realm missing half their facial features pointy elves ;) ( who have been a go to for a lot of people to convert mandrakes from.)

As for Kroot, I too think its an unlikely candidate at this preview event.. the amount of kits they show off in those smaller events is finite, and the likeliest multikit release preview is definitely solar auxilia the mystery army for horus heresy.

However Im also wondering if Kroot will have to wait all the way to adepticon, I could see them being the ideal feature of a monday miniature reveal series. ( like with eldar previously.)

btw With how often warhammer community forgets features etc. .. Im counting down the day we all anticipate a preview event and they simple forget about it ;)

Edited by TheMawr

4 hours ago, Alby the Slayer said:

I would love to see some female mandrakes in the bunch but anyway I'm so excited for this box. 

New Nightlords are really cool and I always happy for some "new" Drukhari/DE unit.

If (unlikely) even the terrains will be awesome, this is by far the most interesting release in the near future for me. 

The other day I was watching the series the Rig... and I was considering how awesome a grimdark scifi rig would be for a kill team setting with some awesome terrain.... it took me a while before I mentally had to facepalm myself, and realise just how much wasted oppurtunity is going on here.

Not even just the blandness of the terrain, but a whole swathe of missed oppurtunities.

11 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

The other day I was watching the series the Rig... and I was considering how awesome a grimdark scifi rig would be for a kill team setting with some awesome terrain.... it took me a while before I mentally had to facepalm myself, and realise just how much wasted oppurtunity is going on here.

Not even just the blandness of the terrain, but a whole swathe of missed oppurtunities.

they literally created an entire rig in the original release of killteam a few years back. There was a battle report for it. The thing was huge and would cost the average man a house in sector mech kits. 

IMG_2236.png

Edited by Bev'an
Photo add

1 hour ago, TheMawr said:

The other day I was watching the series the Rig... and I was considering how awesome a grimdark scifi rig would be for a kill team setting with some awesome terrain.... it took me a while before I mentally had to facepalm myself, and realise just how much wasted oppurtunity is going on he

Is the scout v scorpion box set on a rig?

image.thumb.png.609e960d98d353d2a6627c8c297b818c.png

So yes :D