Deathwatch: Murderers in Black (OOC Thread)

Lysimachus

Moridyn will trade in the Godwyn-pattern bolter for a plasmagun for the 20 req. That should give him the same range as a bolter with much more power. Trade-off is that he won't be able to use Bolter Assault squad mode with the others unless he's throwing a grenade, but I think that will still balance out alright. So plasmagun + shogun for the Star Phantom- lots of dakka! 

7 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

I was just thinking about it a bit more, and if you decide you want to SigWargear the chainsword, I will allow it to be a super-exceptional* one, that is 5 x2 = 10 Req, adds +2 Dam and +10WS to use it.

This is a really cool idea! I intended to have Váfri keep the sword he's got now and personalise it, so this would be great for that.

A power axe is an iconic weapon to give a Space Wolf, so that's still a very strong temptation. This feels more "organic" though, since it's rooted in the story. Since he's so strongly linked to the Stormwolf, a chainsword also suits his personality better because it's louder. (If he had a bit more capacity for self-reflection, he might be troubled by the fact that he enjoys fighting Orks so much, but he doesn't have to worry about that.)

I'll take the sword, thanks!

58 minutes ago, Necronaut said:

All of the above.

It just occurred to me we're both wrong :blush: derp!

It's the power fist that's Unwieldy, the axes are all Unbalanced.

The former precludes parrying at all, and the latter merely imposes -10 to the WS Parry Test.

• 2 weeks later...

@Mazer Rackham I'll wait for Necro to respond - edit: aha, there we go, awesome! :biggrin:- and if anyone has anything else to add, then I'll try to add a little more detail of what you can see?

Edited by Lysimachus

2 hours ago, Urauloth said:

I'm waiting a respectful amount of time before suggesting we eat Dendinius for information.

Space Wolves. 

Always thinking of food.

2 hours ago, Necronaut said:

Can an Astartes eat himself to learn something that he *should* know but cannot immediately recollect? Is this why they have perfect memory?

Why do you think I'm looking for the Spork?

Jokes aside, I hate the Omophagea rules... :laugh:

It just seems like a get out of jail free card kind of thing, and often spoils my carefully laid plans and convoluted plot! And it takes away all the fun of finding stuff out properly! Hence I usually rule that whatever you get from it is very vague/hazy (unless it's a Skill that was so familiar that it had become muscle memory for the dead guy) and there is usually a risk of some Insanity/Corruption - a particular risk when eating a psyker brain...?

Also, if you eat his brain, that would make doing other things (like an autopsy?) a lot harder... :tongue:

Anyway, I'll add a quick post to address some of the PCs actions so far.

Edited by Lysimachus

On a side note,  we are honouring the sacred tradition of the murder mystery here

- usually no one attempts to save the victim. Since it’s the whole point of the thing to have a murder, so no one’s even bothering, non? :wink:

And, to be fair, no mortal would survive the injury described at any rate - they’d be hardly in one piece tbh..

28 minutes ago, Xin Ceithan said:

Since it’s the whole point of the thing to have a murder, so no one’s even bothering, non? :wink:

*Rapidly schedules an ink-blot test for Xin*

28 minutes ago, Xin Ceithan said:

And, to be fair, no mortal would survive the injury described at any rate - they’d be hardly in one piece tbh..

Looks like a flesh wound.

Ok, those were some pretty decent rolls! :thumbsup:

So, what I will do is privately feed some info to Xin that he can work his medical magic on. Then (maybe as part of next week's update, so he has a bit of extra time to figure out his post?) we can see what happens with the autopsy.

That will obviously take some time in-game as well, probably 12-24hrs? So if there are any other lines of investigation people want to look into while Amaras works, they can do so?

1 hour ago, Lysimachus said:

That will obviously take some time in-game as well, probably 12-24hrs? So if there are any other lines of investigation people want to look into while Amaras works, they can do so?

Pfff, I can easily beat that and put out a professional report. This is quite  clearly a case of W45.0XX0S  ( though the smaller digits might drift depending on the time dilation between ICD versions you are using along the local Imperial calendar) 

There you go. Any further questions ? Didn’t think so…

3 hours ago, Xin Ceithan said:

On a side note,  we are honouring the sacred tradition of the murder mystery here

- usually no one attempts to save the victim. Since it’s the whole point of the thing to have a murder, so no one’s even bothering, non? :wink:

Hang on a minute: the name of this game is "Murderers in Black", all of our characters wear black, and we're now involved in some manner of murder mystery in which one of the player characters is implicated as the murderer... 

Nope, nothing to see here.

1 hour ago, Necronaut said:

Hang on a minute: the name of this game is "Murderers in Black", all of our characters wear black, and we're now involved in some manner of murder mystery in which one of the player characters is implicated as the murderer... 

Nope, nothing to see here.

Dunno about you, but the colour I'm wearing is surprised.

Just as a response to @Mike Zulu we can assume that any of Gerhardt's weapons and armour can be removed to either the Armoury or one of the cells away from Gerhardt's.

I'm not sure what else Gerhardt had in his cell in the way of personal effects ( @Necronaut ?) but there aren't any signs of a fight in there either. Possibly there could be a few items knocked over, but it would be more like what you'd see if a sleepwalker accidentally brushed against something as they went past, if that makes sense?

Gerhardt travels light: about the only thing of note in his cell will have been the scourge he made for himself (for I think obvious reasons and usage), plus some votive candles he will have lit and placed at a small shrine to the Emperor. Otherwise, his devotion chain is his only real keepsake that would not otherwise be kept in the armoury for safe keeping.