Deathwatch: Murderers in Black (OOC Thread)

Lysimachus

9 hours ago, Machine God said:

As this is the OOC Thread I correlated the glyphs with Lexicanum.

The four glyphs make up his name. The first two have been said over and over in IC. All four names were said in the Brief from Skaayn in Scene 3.

Grub: Cunning, find, dig, hide.

Gob: Mouth, eat, drink, speak out of turn.

Warp: Space.

Zagga

Zag: Lightning, movement, fast strike.

So he is a Cunning Fast Space Kaptain that will Eat you and Shout at you!

You clearly have the superior Forbidden Knowledge Xenos roll out of us lot then... :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

Nicely done! Yeah, at this point I don't think it hurts to just say that the glyphs were just IDing Grubgob himself. The Klan icon is just a mix of Deathskull and Freebootas badges, which is what the Orks are?

MG has done good work in figuring them out, but I wanted to do the Lore Check to see how many times Gobby and Inquisitor Kine have been 'in the same room' if you catch my meaning...

And regarding Grubgob's shouting, while I've got no objection to leading you on all sorts of false trails...

Say it ain't so!

Edited by Mazer Rackham

1 hour ago, Mazer Rackham said:

MG has done good work in figuring them out, but I wanted to do the Lore Check to see how many times Gobby and Inquisitor Gob:cuss:e have been 'in the same room' if you catch my meaning...

That's about as clear as octopus piddle, you devious Doofenshmirtz!

Perhaps they tortured a survivor of the kill-team that assaulted the Kill-Kroozer?

In space nobody can hear you scream!

Posted (edited)

Hey Tro, just a note that each of those 2 Frag Missile Hits has Blast(5), so you will actually need to roll a total of 10 times + 1 for X = 11 Damage roĺls. Then, because the Frag is Devastating, it will do 2 more Mag Dam for those 2 Hits (which will auto-wound and you don't even need to roll for them!)

Edit: Scrap that... see what Mazer said below! :facepalm:

Still should be a pretty decent attack though! :devil:

Edited by Lysimachus

15 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Question: if it is firing grenades, do I need to roll Scatter for the one that missed? :huh:

I think so, but I don't know if that only applies to 'Thrown' and not fired...

EDIT: Yep only Scatters if 'Thrown'. Fired is ok, just a miss.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

58 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Hey Tro, just a note that each of those 2 Frag Missile Hits has Blast(5), so you will actually need to roll a total of 10 times + 1 for X = 11 Damage roĺls. Then, because the Frag is Devastating, it will do 2 more Mag Dam for those 2 Hits (which will auto-wound and you don't even need to roll for them!)

Edit: Scrap that... see what Mazer said below! :facepalm:

Still should be a pretty decent attack though! :devil:

Ah, for some reason I had it in my head that blast (x) was one extra hit against horde, whit the x just being distance in m against single target to work out where people get hit/scattered.

I had missed the + 2 on the damage as well from the errata

Ok damage rolls edited into post.

Hi all. I'm hoping to get this Structured battle finished off (maybe by the end of R3 but I suspect more likely into R4) by Friday, so I can move back into Narrative Time just in time to keep to the usual weekly schedule for updates?

With that in mind, @Urauloth were you planning to go with the idea to change a FP>CP and declare Bolter Assault? Totally up to you, of course, but if you were, I'll add it to the Summary post and that way everyone can start adding their BA Actions as soon as they're ready?

Superb! Just a note (as your characters would be able to see it) that the 4 Hordes are starting to get thinned out, now all below 20 Mag. Boyz 2 is still the biggest, and Boyz 1 has fewest left (but of course they have the Grots in support)... but all are still a threat as they have Overwhelming.

And of course there is Grubgob and the 2 Gitz still to deal with...

Posted (edited)

@Necronaut unfortunately, it's even worse, I think you're reading the Krak Missile profile rather than the Grenade? But either way, no Wounds. And no Blast(1), sorry... :confused:

Also, you can use the Charge move to go back in, but did any of the others want to put Kraks into Grubgob in the BA?

I suppose if we assume Gerhardt goes last in the BA, the others can (if they so choose) throw Grenades before he charges back in?

Edit: anyhow, I'll add the BA results to the previous Summary post. :thumbsup:

Edited by Lysimachus

@Lysimachus oh blast I made a transposition error. That krak grenade proved to be a complete dud! (BLOODY DICE)

And yes let's assume Gerhardt's charge comes at the end of the BA so anyone else can pour on some damage.

Edit: post edited with corrected damage

Edited by Necronaut

Posted (edited)

Lovely stuff, so we are done with the BA, and back to Vafri for his regular Actions!

Edit: I've moved on a bit to Grubgob's Actions against Gerhardt, as I don't think anything prior will change anything in that fight.

However, I'll wait to do anything with Grots 4 until after Vafri has acted (as if he chooses to keep targeting them and gets a decent Roll they'll be wiped out anyway?)

Edited by Lysimachus

Very nicely done! :cool:

I had suspected something like this might happen when we realised the claw didn't have Power.

So, what I am assuming is that because the claw is permanently attached, a part of his armour, it isn't actually lost (you didn't chop his whole arm off, after all!) So we will say you have cut through the mechanisms that power it, or maybe taken some of the blade fingers off, basically turning it into a big, useless hunk of metal. However, a big hunk of metal wielded by an angry Ork Warboss is still a pretty dangerous weapon.

Therefore the profile of the claw will change from:
1d10+20 Pen8 R

down to:
1d10+10 Pen2 I

(It's now basically a Combat Knife with Grubgob's StrB added on top, and I instead of R)

Still a threat, as it should be when you consider the size of him, but it won't be Instant Death'ing anyone (else! :cry:)

Posted (edited)

Hmm, as I said above, Grots 4 is down to a point that a good roll from Vafri on his regular Actions (should he choose to continue targeting them) would be sufficient to wipe them.

You'd be able to see that Boyz 1 and 3 are also running pretty thin, Boyz 2 are still slightly larger, but all mobs are now below 20 Mag.

The trouble is that all Orks in Hordes are unaffected by Fear (i.e. Fearless) so won't Break and need to be finished off?

Edit: Just a note that Flash Gitz A and E have remained stationary to fire while the mobs have moved up, so are now alone and targetable, and still at full health?

Edited by Lysimachus

Hmm, as I said above, Grots 4 is down to a point that a good roll from Vafri on his regular Actions (should he choose to continue targeting them) would be sufficient to wipe them.

You'd be able to see that Boyz 1 and 3 are also running pretty thin, Boyz 2 are still slightly larger, but all mobs are now below 20 Mag.

The trouble is that all Orks in Hordes are unaffected by Fear (i.e. Fearless) so won't Break and need to be finished off?

Edit: Just a note that Flash Gitz A and E have remained stationary to fire while the mobs have moved up, so are now alone and targetable, and still at full health?

Just a note.

Hordes below 30 Mag don't have a Size Modifier.

That's a superb point. :thanks:

Honestly, I can't be bothered working my way back through to check at what point each Horde unit dropped below 30 and if/when that changed any of the Hits or DoS...

So, from now onwards none of them benefit from the +30 for Horde Size. :laugh: