Deathwatch: Murderers in Black (OOC Thread)

Lysimachus

@Lord_Ikka (and anyone else who knows!):

I just suddenly realised, don't you need the Two Weapon Wielder (Ranged) Talent to fire both of those guns at once? I don't think Moridyn has that yet?

Plus (if you do have it and I've missed it) you still take a -20 to your BS tests (reduced to -10 by Ambidextrous)

It is a moot point for this particular Round, though. If I ignore the SAB and just take the hits from the Shotgun FAB, that on its own will be enough to take Boyz 1 out of the game. :thumbsup:

Hmm, youve got a 15m Charge, right? I'm a sucker for a dramatic fight scene :biggrin:, so based on where I think you moved to during the BA, we will say that you can now just make it within 2m of Grubgob and Into Engagement Range, if you so choose?

I'll look up the two weapon thing- I think you only need it to negate the penalty, which I forgot about anyway...

Power armor has recoil absorption l, so basic weapons can be used one-handed like pistols, which can be used in a two-weapon attack.

1 hour ago, Mike Zulu said:

@Lysimachus How far away is Zidemi’s current position to Grubgob? With a Burst of Speed I can maybe make a charge, but I need your ruling on it.

@Necronaut Alternatively, if you think you have him, I’ll go help Amaras or have a shot at Flash Git E.

I'm not bothered either way. I reckon Gerhardt has this more or less in the bag, but I have been proven wrong before.

1 hour ago, Lysimachus said:

Hmm, youve got a 15m Charge, right? I'm a sucker for a dramatic fight scene :biggrin:, so based on where I think you moved to during the BA, we will say that you can now just make it within 2m of Grubgob and Into Engagement Range, if you so choose?

Surely he can get 1-2m of added reach with that servo-arm like a scorpion, aye?

Edited by Necronaut

1 hour ago, Necronaut said:

I'm not bothered either way. I reckon Gerhardt has this more or less in the bag, but I have been proven wrong before.

"And lo, great was the lamenting at the chapter-keep from whence Sword Brother Gerhardt trained and sallied forth, for his end, whilst brave was also ignominious, since he was bested by an ammo grot, who, strapping a miniature nuclear weapon to it's head, leapt up, and in squeaky (and faintly Glaswegian), Orkish tongue was given the last words of Gerhardt's life."

"BANZAI, YA GIT!"

Edited by Mazer Rackham

3 hours ago, Lysimachus said:

I just suddenly realised, don't you need the Two Weapon Wielder (Ranged) Talent to fire both of those guns at once? I

It is possible to shoot two basic weapons but you do need the talent, and it's at -10 to hit with both guns regardless  (after the various marine and armour benefits are included).

13 minutes ago, Lord_Ikka said:

Yup, just read it. I will be using one wrapon at a time from now on, as it is a Rank 5 option...

That's true, but it is Rank 1 for assault marines, which means you could petition the GM to take it as an Elite Advance at the base cost of 750xp, plus whatever he wants to gouge you for it...

EDIT: Which reminds me......:pirate:

Edited by Mazer Rackham

5 minutes ago, Lord_Ikka said:

I'm a Tac Marine though?

Not a problem. 

Elite Advances allow you to purchase Talents outside your spec, which exist on other trees.

In fact - it's one of the reasons so many Talents are duplicated on the Specialty pages/tables - it's to cost it for the GM for Elite Advances.

For example: If I wanted to purchase Exotic Weapon Training, (Dev Rank 1) I could, but I would need a good reason for doing so, like I had been fighting Eldar Pirates (which Azadth has...) and so he has learned how to use Splinter Rifles. The GM may consider this, and then say 'Ok, that is a good reason, I will charge you 1,500xp.'

Or, if your reason is toffee, he says go suck a lemon. Elite Advances are a GM privilege thing, not a rule, so you need some kind words to go with your baseball bat.

Edited by Mazer Rackham

1 hour ago, Mazer Rackham said:

That's true, but it is Rank 1 for assault marines, which means you could petition the GM to take it as an Elite Advance at the base cost of 750xp, plus whatever he wants to gouge you for it...

EDIT: Which reminds me......:pirate:

Yes that's why I got Both for Asterius!

@Lysimachus - Are we going to get XP and Renown if we finish the combat?

Edited by Machine God
XP

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Machine God said:

@Lysimachus - Are we going to get XP and Renown if we finish the combat?

I suppose by the time we finish the Structured fight, we will have been going for 7 or 8 weeks. That's probably a decent 'game session'...

I'll have a think about it.

Edit: the faster these guys crack on and finish off the filthy xenos, the faster you'll find out... :biggrin:

Edited by Lysimachus

11 minutes ago, Trokair said:

I thought Asterius had been dragged out of harms reach of Grubgob?

I wasn't sure? When Gerhardt disengaged, he moved his Half Move of 5m x2(Jump Pack bonus) = 10m.

I said if he chose to drag Asterius out, it would halve his move back down, so would have been 5m.

@Necronaut put 10m in his post, so I assumed he left Asterius where he fell? (I'm happy to change it if he wishes, though, as it doesn't affect anything too much?)

@Mazer Rackham I'm going to say that, as the last thing fired from your position was a honking big rocket, you are no longer Concealed and the Git will get a chance to Dodge?

However, if you want you can say you've switched back to regular ammo for the extra +2 Dam and not to waste Stalkers?

@Mazer Rackham I'm going to say that, as the last thing fired from your position was a honking big rocket, you are no longer Concealed and the Git will get a chance to Dodge?

Makes sense. Have edited the post accordingly (removed conceal etc).

However, if you want you can say you've switched back to regular ammo for the extra +2 Dam and not to waste Stalkers?

Yep, that's fine, cheers. :thumbsup:

Edited by Mazer Rackham

@Lysimachus I'm an idiot. I had it in my head that dragging Asterius clear would prevent Gerhardt from disengaging entirely. Dragging Asterius clear was what I had originally wanted/intended to do, so if you don't mind I'd like to go edit my post(s) back to reflect that. 

Edit: also how are we back up to 3 cohesion? I saw Amaras spent 1 FP -> 1 CP but I didn't see the other donation.

Edited by Necronaut

Ok, no worries, so for Tro's possible benefit we can assume Asterius is approx 5m from where Gerhardt/Grubgob/Zidemi are (I'm guessing South?)

Omoc put 1CP in, so I thought I'd have Amaras also contribute, just in case anyone wanted to use anything in R4... but it may or may not have been necessary! :biggrin:

Question, as I've somehow missed it... what is 'Tactical Expertise'? Based on Necro's Post, I'm assuming it allows everyone to use a Chapter Squad Mode other than their own, which they couldn't normally do?

But I can't find it! :blink:

4 minutes ago, Lysimachus said:

Question, as I've somehow missed it... what is 'Tactical Expertise'? Based on Necro's Post, I'm assuming it allows everyone to use a Chapter Squad Mode other than their own, which they couldn't normally do?

But I can't find it! :blink:

It’s a Tactical Marine Special ability, in the Specialties Chapter.

Reciting from the Holy Codex Astartes, Deathwatch Pattern, XIVth Edition, Chapter 2, subsection Deathwatch Tactical Marine, page five-and-eighty, verses 10-15:

"On the subject of Tactical Expertise: so shall it be that when initiating a Blessed Squad Mode ability, the Tactical Marine may share the benefits of his Chapter's Squad Mode abilities with the members of his Kill-Team as if they were part of his Chapter. This requires a successful Hard (-20) Command Test."

Thus it is written. Amen.

In nomine Imperator et Spiritus Sancti.

Edited by Necronaut