Kroot Hunting Pack

2 hours ago, Wolf Guard Dan said:

Nice to see someone else in the same boat as me. Maybe we should all make an oath to assemble and paint our farstalker kinbands before this is released or sit out on purchasing this box. Or at least get them assembled and primed…

Mine are built and primed, a few even have skin tones done! I could even *sharp intake of breath* actually paint them before the army box comes out!

54 minutes ago, apologist said:

…and in for three. We should start a thread in the Tau sub forum, you think?

IMG_0858.thumb.jpeg.273d7f9784af660214328923b12ed7d2.jpeg

Probably not a terrible idea..but I'm rooting for you guys, it's such a fun kit to paint

13 hours ago, Blindhamster said:

yeah they're 100% not a recut. But they are absolutely lovely and I was never a big kroot fan in the past.

They actually said they reused some assets and you can tell wich ones. Recut is just the best word I have for it even though it's more like remaster? Unfortunately were going from 16 in a box to ten wich is not great.

4 hours ago, Shinespider said:

I really adore all of these models. I love the distinction between the old, calm Krootox that serve as gun platforms and the young bucks that get thrown into melee. I really hope the detachment makes Kroot armies a real thing and not just a gimmick. 

I think the 'cavalry' are wonderfully dynamic. Fab design.

Loving all the kroot stuff.

So happy to see Tau auxiliaries getting love.

Really hope they keep expanding the auxillaries from now on.

It's the secret strength of Tau. Not the Tau proper, but the united Nations of species that the galaxy has chewed up and spit out.

this-is-maybe-the-last-paul-dainton-artwork-we-will-see-for-v0-usna5zesqldc1.jpeg

5 hours ago, Triszin said:

Loving all the kroot stuff.

So happy to see Tau auxiliaries getting love.

Really hope they keep expanding the auxillaries from now on.

It's the secret strength of Tau. Not the Tau proper, but the united Nations of species that the galaxy has chewed up and spit out.

this-is-maybe-the-last-paul-dainton-artwork-we-will-see-for-v0-usna5zesqldc1.jpeg

Absolutely,

But to be honest, I still hope the melee focused ethereal that would be the anniversary model was valrak or his source combining two things into one, and with the codex we also get that Aun'forgottherestofhisname. The ethereal who goes primal ( and can lead kroot in the index ) I love the kroot ( always reminding me of my mtg nightstalker deck ;)) but it should be multispecies still, not just one or the other. ( also a reason why Im glad they resisted splitting the kroot in their own codex.)

Also Aun'spacepope really should get his centrepiece grow-up. Even if he is just an hologram. ( at that point the lore reminded me of the FFX story when you near the ending.)  More actual tau in addition to auxilery is fine, but proper 40k things and explore the potential there, no more mech suits for a little while. ( just maybe the small stealthsuits, I should try harder to remember names of tau stuff.)  And if they switch back to the ochre but by the same painting standard darkstrider has that would also be a win... but not as important.

7 hours ago, TheMawr said:

Absolutely,

But to be honest, I still hope the melee focused ethereal that would be the anniversary model was valrak or his source combining two things into one, and with the codex we also get that Aun'forgottherestofhisname. The ethereal who goes primal ( and can lead kroot in the index ) I love the kroot ( always reminding me of my mtg nightstalker deck ;)) but it should be multispecies still, not just one or the other. ( also a reason why Im glad they resisted splitting the kroot in their own codex.)

Also Aun'spacepope really should get his centrepiece grow-up. Even if he is just an hologram. ( at that point the lore reminded me of the FFX story when you near the ending.)  More actual tau in addition to auxilery is fine, but proper 40k things and explore the potential there, no more mech suits for a little while. ( just maybe the small stealthsuits, I should try harder to remember names of tau stuff.)  And if they switch back to the ochre but by the same painting standard darkstrider has that would also be a win... but not as important.

I wuldnt mind a new kit for xv25.

Having said that.

I wonder if we'll get

Kroot brutes

(Kroot that ate a bit too much orks and are now kroot nobz)

I love the Kroot. I also like that they were once more advanced than the Tau, and still have the know how to build warp capable ships and innately navigate the warp without navigators. 

But they moved away from being technologically advanced to eat people instead. 

Still have and build very powerful ships though. 

And occasionally warp the Tau places.

This is an exciting launch.

23 hours ago, Kastor Krieg said:

absolutely love it, good luck!

15 hours ago, MithrilForge said:

Damn, that’s a really good colour scheme idea :wub:

M

Thank you. It took a lot of really ugly versions before I got to that one. I wanted to have a fairly pale colour scheme so I could use oil washes for some nice organic shading but that charcoal black with a red highlight and orangey warpaint just stuck with me. I might make a post in the T'au forum about impcat colour schemes so people can see what I have been up to, and can add to themselves.

21 hours ago, Marshal Mittens said:

I love the Kroot. I also like that they were once more advanced than the Tau, and still have the know how to build warp capable ships and innately navigate the warp without navigators. 

But they moved away from being technologically advanced to eat people instead. 

Still have and build very powerful ships though. 

And occasionally warp the Tau places.

This is an exciting launch.

Yep, the Kroot are super cool!

Thinking about the release, the big Krootox gun is probably my favorite out of the bunch. The Carnivores are great, but I already have many of them either built and painted or waiting their turn in the hopper.

Also hoping for winged Kroot. Come on, James Workshop!

• 1 month later...