The only things left for Solar Auxilia are the Aurox, Vanguard, Carnodons (maybe), Malcador Weapons tanks, Rapiers, and Ogryns. That’s a decent amount of trickle releases. 

3 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

The only things left for Solar Auxilia are the Aurox, Vanguard, Carnodons (maybe), Malcador Weapons tanks, Rapiers, and Ogryns. That’s a decent amount of trickle releases. 

I hope to see all of these in plastic at some point (especially the aurox given the £:point ratio) although I'm skeptical about most for the time being.

The vanguard velataris should be coming - the sprues for the storm section seem set up to support that. 

Rapiers were brought out of retirement recently (if I remember correctly) which makes me think they're not due a move to plastic. I'd feel better in the legion ones werent still resin but they are. 

We haven't seen auroxs or carnadons in legions imperialis yet have we? Hopefully if they appear there it'll be a positive sign for a full size plastic kit.

I think they will do rapiers next year, if plastic mech is actually coming in the winter that indicates (based on their previous releases) the next wave of legion stuff and the second wave of Auxilia stuff is designed but not packaged or in production. 

I have a suspicion we'll be waiting a while for the Aurox and particularly the Carnodon. They were some of the last resin vehicles FW ever produced and, going off the 'mould update', we're not getting plastic Sabres and Arquitors anytime soon, which were released around the same time.

The Carnodon's strange inclusion in Legacies and total absence from the Militia PDF (despite still being on the website as the Imperialis Militia Carnodon) probably aren't good signs either, even if they UnLegacy it eventually.

I'm happy to be wrong though. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

I cannot stress enough how great the Auxiliary, Sentinel, and Russ kits are. So much fun to put together. Disappointed we won’t get anything but the upgrade sprue for the commander and command squad, but the models fly together. It’s gonna be a breeze to knock out 180-240 Auxiliaries and Veletarii. 

On 3/24/2024 at 9:27 AM, Marshal Rohr said:

I think they will do rapiers next year, if plastic mech is actually coming in the winter that indicates (based on their previous releases) the next wave of legion stuff and the second wave of Auxilia stuff is designed but not packaged or in production. 

Rapiers (for auxilia and astartes) would be the best time to re-release the MKIV boxnoughts, in a Zone Mortalis bundle or something like that.

Anyone else noticed a lack of white decals for the headhunters on the vehicle transfer sheet? They’re advertised as being half black and half white, but mine (and all the ones on eBay) have all black insignia.

I’m hoping it’s a faulty batch, because I really like the white contrast on a red background. 

Cadmus 

Edited by Cadmus Tyro

3 hours ago, Cadmus Tyro said:

Anyone else noticed a lack of white decals for the headhunters on the vehicle transfer sheet? They’re advertised as being half black and half white, but mine (and all the ones on eBay) have all black insignia.

I’m hoping it’s a faulty batch, because I really like the white contrast on a red background. 

Cadmus 

Got a picture? I can only see ones that have both

5 minutes ago, tinpact said:

Yeah, by all accounts it should look like this:

Hide contents

image.png.c45345e93c952c6def14a5cd82d6b4b3.png

So hopefully that's just a fluke.

all of the vehicle transfer sheets I have (6 in total) have all the large headhunters symbols in black, so its not just Cadmus

On 3/24/2024 at 8:42 AM, Lord Marshal said:

I have a suspicion we'll be waiting a while for the Aurox and particularly the Carnodon. They were some of the last resin vehicles FW ever produced and, going off the 'mould update', we're not getting plastic Sabres and Arquitors anytime soon, which were released around the same time.

The Carnodon's strange inclusion in Legacies and total absence from the Militia PDF (despite still being on the website as the Imperialis Militia Carnodon) probably aren't good signs either, even if they UnLegacy it eventually.

I'm happy to be wrong though. 

I noticed the other day the Solar Auxilia army list even states that the Aurox chassis was a mainstay of the militia. Way to go GW.

It’s my gut feeling, but Militia and Daemons will get a second pass and released as part of an Exemplary Battles or Campaign Book that will also have a new wave of Solar Auxilia, but they need to get some distance between the Auxilia main release and new things we haven’t seen before. Once we see what Necromunda Secundus is we will have a clearer picture of how SGDS sees the future of their product lines. 

Like we have mentions of tons of things for Solar Aux that haven’t show up yet, like Pioneers. 

Edited by Marshal Rohr

12 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

It’s my gut feeling, but Militia and Daemons will get a second pass and released as part of an Exemplary Battles or Campaign Book that will also have a new wave of Solar Auxilia, but they need to get some distance between the Auxilia main release and new things we haven’t seen before. Once we see what Necromunda Secundus is we will have a clearer picture of how SGDS sees the future of their product lines. 

Like we have mentions of tons of things for Solar Aux that haven’t show up yet, like Pioneers. 

Necromunda releases frustrate me so much.

We have some Guilders, but not all
We have some Recidivists, but not all
We then moved onto vehicles, but not all gangs have one
We have weapon upgrades, but not for all factions
Nor do all weapons have modelling options, those that do have come with things like 3 different left-handed bolt pistols but only one autpistol.

But new stuff just keeps being released before anything has even been completed. I've heard the the new secundus stuff is VAN SAAR, in spite of the two flavours of archni-rig that they just got. Where is the order in things?

1 hour ago, The Scorpion said:

Necromunda releases frustrate me so much.

We have some Guilders, but not all
We have some Recidivists, but not all
We then moved onto vehicles, but not all gangs have one
We have weapon upgrades, but not for all factions
Nor do all weapons have modelling options, those that do have come with things like 3 different left-handed bolt pistols but only one autpistol.

But new stuff just keeps being released before anything has even been completed. I've heard the the new secundus stuff is VAN SAAR, in spite of the two flavours of archni-rig that they just got. Where is the order in things?

The same place as the missing unique Legion contemptors and leviathans that never came to pass for many of them. (The former now neutered to just torsos not withstanding)

Doing things, and fleshing out things in a way that "makes sense" has not been GeeDubs forte for quite a few years now.  Jump from ship, to ship, to ship. 

The fact that I'm playing house-ruled 10th (and 9th before it) World eaters w/Havocs, chaos lords on foot/in termi armor, etc... is another prime example.

Edited by Dark Legionnare

On 3/25/2024 at 7:26 PM, Marshal Rohr said:

I cannot stress enough how great the Auxiliary, Sentinel, and Russ kits are.

They are right actually: I complained about the shoulderpads earlier but the trick is to focus on connecting to the sleeve, and not the little guiding hole, because they won't go in the guiding hole. Once I started doing that they are actually really nice to build! I'd post today's progress but that's not for this section, just wanted to give that tip.

On 3/26/2024 at 5:52 PM, SgtSharp said:

all of the vehicle transfer sheets I have (6 in total) have all the large headhunters symbols in black, so its not just Cadmus

Just checked mine and they’re the same (all black), not that there’s any reason they’d be any different. Bit of a shame, hopefully fixed in the solo boxes. 

8 hours ago, utahraptor232 said:

They are right actually: I complained about the shoulderpads earlier but the trick is to focus on connecting to the sleeve, and not the little guiding hole, because they won't go in the guiding hole. Once I started doing that they are actually really nice to build! I'd post today's progress but that's not for this section, just wanted to give that tip.

There's a guide hole? Must have missed tat when I was building mine hah!

On 3/24/2024 at 5:25 AM, Marshal Rohr said:

I hope the release order goes Ogryns > Vanguard > Rapiers > Tanks

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody been able to find the latest round of Malcador/Russ tanks in store at all?  Over the weekend I've made it to 3 GW stores and none had stork or ever had any stock delivered but the kits aren't  marked as web store only.  All the stores did previously get the SA Battle Group.

4 hours ago, Nova-V said:

Has anybody been able to find the latest round of Malcador/Russ tanks in store at all?  Over the weekend I've made it to 3 GW stores and none had stork or ever had any stock delivered but the kits aren't  marked as web store only.  All the stores did previously get the SA Battle Group.

Depends where you are. Pre-orders for them only went up yesterday in Australia, for example, so lots of stores won't have them for a while.

Other countries were also listed as affected by delays but even those that weren't mentioned might still have issues getting to FLGS.