7 hours ago, Noserenda said:

Id expect all the named-but-not-detailed Exertus forces to be "revealed" as Solar pattern to keep sales in the right lane :D (And they obviously have no interest in covering Imperial army regulars any time soon)

Which is a shame, as I would love for them to dig into the “Old Hundred” regiments they continually reference in both GW & BL fluff.

Huh. That Spireguard colour scheme is the exact red and ivory the Auxilia models in the Crusade black book are painted in, which I assumed were Nightwatch. I wonder if we'll get an official colour scheme for them in the next batch... I hope so.

Other than that, these all look great. Love the way the tanks look in these plates.

8 hours ago, Felix Antipodes said:

Which is a shame, as I would love for them to dig into the “Old Hundred” regiments they continually reference in both GW & BL fluff.

The "Old Hundred" are specifically named as Imperial Army Regiments which is NOT what the Solar Auxilia are. I can't see these two things being conflated when they are there to be utilised as separate lines. 

25 minutes ago, StraightSilver said:

Wonky instructions aside, now I have the models in hand, the kits are really lovely.

Although the bayonets look like they will last about 10 seconds in a regular carry case.....

I'm leaving mine for exactly the reason. Plus I figure if my rifle section finds itself in combat it's unlikely to live long enough to use them anyway.

Built the aethon today. Was sceptical when looking at the parts but turned out to be a nice build. Looking forward to doing the second now.

The boxes are here! Only built a single Russ turret so far but I can confirm its a tight fit and a very nice build. Will be providing a height comparison with some (actually upright standing) Krieg and Cadians in the coming days

On 3/19/2024 at 11:30 AM, Noserenda said:

Id expect all the named-but-not-detailed Exertus forces to be "revealed" as Solar pattern to keep sales in the right lane :D (And they obviously have no interest in covering Imperial army regulars any time soon)

This is why I found so interesting that the Arkadian Janissaires are now the Emperor's Children posse. We've had snippets of Arkadian iconagraphy from as far back as when Solar Aux were first introduced in Conquest.

Posted (edited)

Sprue pics (only the new ones):

LR Assault tank sprue (others are the same as the Strike version)

Spoiler

99123005006_SALemanRussAssaultTank8.jpg?

Malcador (other sprues are the same as the Dracosan and the LR front weapon sprue)

Spoiler

99123005005_SAMalcador9.jpg?fm=webp&w=92

Velataris Storm Section

Spoiler

99123005008_Veletaris7.jpg?fm=webp&w=920

99123005008_Veletaris6.jpg?fm=webp&w=920

The Velatari sprues are completely split between bodies on one sprue and weapons on the other which screams Vanguard Section with Rotor cannons and Flamers in the future to me. Also maybe an upgrade sprue for Velataris Command Sections?

Edited by Matrindur

34 minutes ago, Matrindur said:

Velataris Storm Section

Beautiful sprues! Finally, some good axes to admire!

On another note, I've so far built one Russ and one Legate mockup, headswap is imminent. Importantly I was well prepped with Standard and Thin Tamiya cement and an X-Acto knife, this could've been way different with Citadel glue in a needle. , The Russ an incredible kit, everything locked together nigh perfectly, and enough gaps only to count on one hand. Maybe half a hand. The tracks were a slog, not much more than your standard Russ, but a slog. I am a youngin with good eyes and good hands and there were lots of little pieces where I could tell "If I had any less steady hands this would be a nightmare". Everything was keyed but it was still a bit nerve-wracking sometimes, be warned especially if you're an older hobbyist.
The Legate on the other hand was dreadful, and it makes me a bit scared doing the rest of the infantry. Primarily, the shoulder pads are fiddly, even with indents in the armor for them. This may have been my bad due to not clipping enough of them away to fit properly, and also the pose as you can see, but they were still small and unwieldy. I would highly recommend tweezers along with your basic Warhammering supplies if you get this box.

Otherwise, great kits, great scale, great looks, will be excited to get these on the table.

Yeah I built a sergeant the other day and I used tweezers for the shoulder pads. I half considered just leaving them off. 

How are people planning to build their infantry for painting? I’m really agonising over it haha. I dunno whether to just fully build them because part of me really can’t be bothered with sub assemblies on infantry like this, but I dunno if I’ll really regret it when I come to paint them. Or whether to leave the arms off. 

Nice to see the axes for the Velataris Section do actually exist!

1 hour ago, Fire Golem said:

Yeah I built a sergeant the other day and I used tweezers for the shoulder pads. I half considered just leaving them off. 

How are people planning to build their infantry for painting? I’m really agonising over it haha. I dunno whether to just fully build them because part of me really can’t be bothered with sub assemblies on infantry like this, but I dunno if I’ll really regret it when I come to paint them. Or whether to leave the arms off. 

Nice to see the axes for the Velataris Section do actually exist!

Hmm this talk of the shoulder pads is a mild concern for me. I'd planned on leaving them and the helmets off to paint separately. If they're a pain to fit I'd probably rather do that before there's a risk of ruining a paint job...

The only pic I’ve seen of the Veletari with axes, from Vincent Knotley’s bluesky: https://bsky.app/profile/vincentknotley.bsky.social/post/3koe653peet2x

They look good I think, probably better than with the guns. 

IMG_9075.jpeg

1 minute ago, Fire Golem said:

The only pic I’ve seen of the Veletari with axes, from Vincent Knotley’s bluesky: https://bsky.app/profile/vincentknotley.bsky.social/post/3koe653peet2x

They look good I think, probably better than with the guns. 

IMG_9075.jpeg

The axes are well designed. I just can't get over the goofy helmets they made for the Veletaris.

Sooooo...... none of them are up for pre-order in Australia - did I miss something? The community article doesn't say anything about delays that I can see. No * like usual. Not next to any Heresy stuff anyway.

Edit: Todays pre-order article states delayed. Something must have changed in the week between article releases.

Edited by Corswain
Update

7 hours ago, Fire Golem said:

How are people planning to build their infantry for painting?

I'm personally not bothering with sub-assemblies. I'm just hitting my fellows with a coat of grey seer and getting Leadbelcher on the armor, then doing the rest of the detail work. Heads might be worth leaving off but that looks to be about it, nothing else would be particularly hard to reach. I did put the tracks on my Russ after all, so why not?
I think if you can get them vaguely socketed into their little hole and lying on top of the arms, which will be easy with most poses, they should be fine and secure. It was that pose with the lifted arm that gave me particular trouble, and that was my fault again.

3 hours ago, Corswain said:

Sooooo...... none of them are up for pre-order in Australia - did I miss something? The community article doesn't say anything about delays that I can see. No * like usual. Not next to any Heresy stuff anyway.

I was looking last night and wondered the same. They seem to have dropped the ball somewhat.

11 hours ago, Matcap86 said:

The axes are well designed. I just can't get over the goofy helmets they made for the Veletaris.

Agreed. Weirdly, oddly goofy.

I showed some friends my 20 current axelads this morning as they were talking these previewed lads over.

"Look how they massacred my boys. Those heads, dude, my god." was the first unsolicited joke from one of said buds.

Edited by Dark Legionnare

Built my first sprue of Lasriflemen to completion, and I have a few more thoughts and pieces of advice to share:
1. I walked into it planning to have to write down the "real" numbering for each rifle arm, and I thankfully didn't get far. The first two I did I marked down and the rest were correctly numbered. Arms fit nicely, and so did pretty much everything else.
2. Shoulder pads still are a pain. I took them one at a time still, making sure they had a connection to the arms. Right now the full models are in the drying process so we'll see how it worked out, but it should be alright. 
3. Looooots of overlap and complex parts, enough to scare me a little bit thinking about painting. Starting from a basecoat in the voidsuit color and working up seems to be the way to go, going over the armor in your armor color and so on and so forth. Working down from armor to voidsuits would be wayyyy too much of a hassle.

Do we think the chances are pretty good of getting the Aurox in plastic? I figure probably, but I’m a little bit worried that they’ve started teasing Mechanicum already, maybe there isn’t much left for Solar Auxilia. 

The only things left for Solar Auxilia are the Aurox, Vanguard, Carnodons (maybe), Malcador Weapons tanks, Rapiers, and Ogryns. That’s a decent amount of trickle releases.