QVDxeQc.png

Ctlc3zm.png

LEfBiQh.jpg

MCI5LDL.png

Storm Section can also be build with axes:

3W0pCa0.png

yPoeIDA.png

NW8dBP2.png

Interesting how they copied the resin SA models for Legions Imperialis (best seen in the command squad and tactical command which is basically 1:1) but then change it completely for the plastic release

Edited by Matrindur

13 minutes ago, Mr Farson said:

Still a few more bits to be revealed I'd imagine. A plastic legate seems extremely likely plus there's the light sentinel which has been teased 

Well there's the light walkers, Axe Veletaris, Special weapon cadres, Command squad, The other tanks the ogryns and whatever else they wanna surprise us with.

Reading the article for it, it sounds like the Veletaris will have options for the axe in that kit, but we'll have to see the sprues to really be sure. They didn't provide a picture with the axe.

1 minute ago, OttoVonAwesome said:

Well there's the light walkers, Axe Veletaris, Special weapon cadres, Command squad, The other tanks the ogryns and whatever else they wanna surprise us with.

They said the Veletari kit comes with axes for all of them.

So this means the second wave will be:

-Charonites

-Light Walkers

-Rapiers

-Artillery Tank

I don’t think the Tactical Command Section is the full offering, I think it’s going to be like the Age of Darkness Contemptor, where a box with the Legate Commander and more ornate command squad members will release later. 

Oh, I forgot the Flamer/Rotor Cannon Veletarii (and or Auxiliaries if their Legions Imperialis rules are correct) and Aurox. 

I find it odd they designed new Walkers but relegated the Carnodon to Legends, when a smaller tank would let your armored company lists have some hull variety. Personally I hope the list continues to grow and eventually we get an entire Liber that covers everything from Levies through mainline Army to Elite Solar Auxilia and brings back the spirit of the 3.5ed Imperial Guard Codex and Imperial Armor Books. How sick would Grav-Chute Veletarii look?

Edited by Marshal Rohr

Genuinely surprised by the new Leman Russ kits, I’m far out of the loop, evidently but they’re *gorgeous*- it’s going to be hard not to buy squads of each variant but absolutely impossible not to pick up at least one to be a command tank. 

Does the flamer Malcador exist in LI?  I’d be inclined to wait for that to come out before buying the bigger tanks though.

It’s a good start to their plastic line. This at least covers some of the more common and spammable units of the army. Hopefully this will give us more variety of forces on the table. Auxilia needed this badly.

5 minutes ago, aa.logan said:

Genuinely surprised by the new Leman Russ kits, I’m far out of the loop, evidently but they’re *gorgeous*- it’s going to be hard not to buy squads of each variant but absolutely impossible not to pick up at least one to be a command tank. 

Does the flamer Malcador exist in LI?  I’d be inclined to wait for that to come out before buying the bigger tanks though.

I imagine the Valdor and Infernus will come out in about the same time frame as the Typhon/Cerberus i.e. a year on from the initial release. 

We should all be extremely excited by the Cerastus Knights because I would be a lot of money that means we are getting a new plastic Baneblade and a plastic Stormhammer. 

For me the Heresy plastics are consistently the best things coming out of the GW factory. Long may it continue.

These all look great and as others have pointed out it won’t take many more kits to box off most of the range. I hope we’ll see some of the super heavies down the road.

Now they just need to hurry up with expanding the Legion infantry options.

Looking good, I'm quite excited to see how much the box set will be. Also gotta love the tradition of the livestream presenters not knowing how some things are pronounced, I have my doubts that Dracosan is pronounced Dracosian, also boo for referring to the turret options as "Twin" weapons... this is HH, it's Twin-Linked, get it right, presenters. :P (Or rather, Gravis in a lot of instances)

Edited by Xirix

They are really good looing models. I'm surprised at how well they managed to retain their looks in plastic. Thankfully I have too many projects ongoing to be tempted by them :D . Maybe in a year or two

Edited by Irongert

Love these. The infantry have come across to plastic really well, there’s obviously some changes but I think they’ve kept the feel for sure. And the tanks are fantastic. 

Ooooooh this is a fantastic rerelease. Love the tanks in plastic (and with hopefully a pricedrop). The starter armybox is more expansive than I thought and the new sentinel looks a lot better in larger scale than in the tiny LI scale (and I liked it there). 

The lasrifle sections are okay, I do miss some of the detail they used to have, with the padding in the arms and legs which has now become smoother and sleeker. 

The big question is now do I keep the resin lasrifle sections I already have or are they mixable with the new plastics scale wise. A few design quirks are no big issue but I do want them to be similarly proportioned.  

Only downgrade IMHO is the veletaris section. The helmets seem off to me compared to the old ones, but can't quite put my finger on it.