Quite like it, although a missed opportunity not to do what they did for the Genestealer Cult character and have the little projection be a map of GW HQ.

Feel like this fits in mid-tier among all the Consuls released so far. Although it has some very nice looks bits that hopefully won't be too hard to use in kitbashes.

Love the broad model, some of the details are a bit weird, like the random patches of ribbing that i thought might be partially exposed cables, but then there are big areas on his pauldron? 

The Hammer put me in mind of the Kree one from the MCU that various leaders have used in Guardians the Marvels :D 

The up-armoured chest makes him look real thick. I kinda want to combine it with some of the super sized shoulders some of the characters have to see how much it'll look like an egg.

Regarding the choice of MkVI it's imo a good one since it's supposed to have better sensors.

16 hours ago, Astartes Consul said:

Quite like it, although a missed opportunity not to do what they did for the Genestealer Cult character and have the little projection be a map of GW HQ.

Indeed, it is a little bit bellow the GSC character. Although is nose drain is also very close to the one some GSC characters may have.

Yet I feel mitigated with this one. I would give him a mehh... 

8 hours ago, Bouargh said:

Indeed, it is a little bit bellow the GSC character. Although is nose drain is also very close to the one some GSC characters may have.

Yet I feel mitigated with this one. I would give him a mehh... 

Or Horus nose hose or half the characters in Dune. It wasn't really original to the GSC.

On 2/8/2024 at 1:49 PM, Noserenda said:

Love the broad model, some of the details are a bit weird, like the random patches of ribbing that i thought might be partially exposed cables, but then there are big areas on his pauldron? 

The Hammer put me in mind of the Kree one from the MCU that various leaders have used in Guardians the Marvels :D 

To me thats just exposed sub-armor via, what I assume, are cutouts made to lightened the overall armor?? which doesnt make sense to me when the legs especially are so up armored 

I like a lot of the elements present here, but oddly not all put together like this? The up-armored sections look good but kind of clash with the openings on the legs and pauldron, the tablet is really cool but I'm not really liking how it's attached on that servo-arm (could just be a bad photo angle though), and I think the helmet option looks better. All that being said my opinion is subjective, and I'm sure once he's in the wild and painted/converted there will be a lot of interesting examples from other folks!

Sigmar might want that hammer back at some point.

Some nice design elements going on with this mini, but I'm not quite sure about how they gel together. I'll echo everyone else who wishes they'd put this guy in Mk III. The armoured tabard would look spectacular on iron armour.

"WOW, SIGMAR STORMCAST HAMMER MUCH?!?"

hades-i-know.gif.893bb464997db22f772105ed242f467a.gif

On a smidge more serious note; are we all really so allergic to anything sigmar that we have to point out every similarity every time ad nauseum? As if the Land Marines had some form of copyright on hammer heads with a handleward concave curve, a design which was an exaggeration and embellishment of one of the hammer designs found on warrior priests, much like stormcast are themselves an exaggeration and embellishment of said warrior priests.

Empire_-_Warrior_Priest_of_Sigmar_(Two_Hand_Weapon).thumb.jpg.e1ddb7d1b97f972d16dca43f7572009a.jpg

What's next, are we going to complain that the inevitable Sanguinary Guard release looks too much like another gilded warrior in armour styled with musculature and helmets bearing face masks. We get it Marines and Stormcast are analogues to each other

2 hours ago, Nephaston said:

"WOW, SIGMAR STORMCAST HAMMER MUCH?!?"

On a smidge more serious note; are we all really so allergic to anything sigmar that we have to point out every similarity every time ad nauseum? As if the Land Marines had some form of copyright on hammer heads with a handleward concave curve, a design which was an exaggeration and embellishment of one of the hammer designs found on warrior priests, much like stormcast are themselves an exaggeration and embellishment of said warrior priests.

What's next, are we going to complain that the inevitable Sanguinary Guard release looks too much like another gilded warrior in armour styled with musculature and helmets bearing face masks. We get it Marines and Stormcast are analogues to each other

Yes. We are. I mean I won't but yeah no way that doesn't happen lol.