Warhammer World Anniversary Reveals March 2nd

WHW AnniversaryIncoming Feb19 Image4

I don't know what this is for but if it's not for my favourite 40k army I'm going to mald!!

Warhammer World's anniversary is coming up in the beginning of March and this community article is boasting  of some big reveals. 

Although we're all probably hoping the fowl creature above is part of a Drukhari Beast Masters update I'm note sure it is. What might we actually see that is relevant to this board?

Im guessing that the Ork and Custodes miniature will be revealed there, with Adepticon looking further ahead.

However

Valrak has been going on about imperial agents rumors; Coteaz, and 3 boxes based on each ordo. In his speculation he is convinced its all to do with the "redacted" codex.

Further "evidence" he saw in the white dwarf next issue focus wich is "the inquisition is coming" .. considering next white dwarf drops before adepticon, if this WD focus links to the rumors or has any miniature relevance, this event is the one we should see it.

Personally ( and my speculation is often wrong ) I dont think the summer redacted codex is Inquisition, Instead, for now, Inquisition gets a WD feature next month, and these 3 boxes are coming sooner rather than later. Each revolving around an Ordo named inquisitor but only Coteaz being new... originally intended to be released alongside the Arks of Omen event.

/inquisition speculation.

I wonder if there will be something kill team.. Nightmare is behind too, and I can imagine the next one is further away anyway, closer to the GSC codex release, but, IF vespids come trough kill team soon as the rumor indicates they will be featured in the Tau codex, and GW will want to reveal them before that.

Im still on my theory of Swooping hawks vs Vespids box that stands seperate from the seasonal kill team releases.. more a special game mode thing like ashes of faith. ( edit : Im not necessarily convinced of this theory ;) I still think its more likely the rumor was just wrong.)

But its unlikely to be all of that, as the open day event wasnt big before ( but recently all events have had significally more reveals than before.)

----

The goose is probably not 40k related.. unless ratlings to go with the stuffed food rumor engines.. but it would be more of a LE diorama rather than a regular release then... it isnt time to reveal the next Warhammer plus rumor engine models right ?

edit: Weird common word slip up at the end XD

Edited by TheMawr

On 2/19/2024 at 10:45 AM, StrangerOrders said:

I for one welcome the War Gi'se or however they Aeldari-fy the word!

Goose Migration Clans War-honker Flightlord

Edit: @Cenobite Terminator I keep telling you not to react to my stuff, you keep doing it, so I will keep pointing out that you are Black Blow Fly posting on an alt account to circumvent multiple bans from this website. Maybe your next ban will stick! :thumbsup:

Edited by phandaal

Can anyone remember how many reveals we got last year? I know of Farsight and.. the ork guy...but I'd be surprised if we got more than that. I suspect we may also get one kill team revealed before adepticon, and by that, I mean a single figure or two just to tease things.

39 minutes ago, LSM said:

Honest guess: it'll be from Warhammer Underworlds. That game seems to have a thing about "pets". 

That, or someone misheard Cadian Guard as "Canadian Guard" when given their assignment.

That or ratlings on the hunt for their next meal.

@TheMawr

One box based on each Ordo would be the coolest thing to happen to 40k since Crusade. I've been wanting that since I returned to the game in 8th. I could run Ashes of Faith with each set, swapping baddies to suit the Ordo.

If it's a dex, remember, it will be Agents, not Inquisition. 

There are a lot of questions about such a thing. Will it give us actual Agent detachments, or keep us as afterthoughts to someone else's army? Will the retinues be drawn from Chambers Militant, will they be random agents, or will each Ordo receive a uniformed human unit as a dedicated battleline unit? Will Arbites and Navy receive HQ's so they can be fielded as detachments? Will agent lists finally have vehicles added to them? And will there be Crusade content?

Also: Dex or none, Inquisition in WD is a good thing... Or at least it has the potential to be. They could also end up giving us nothing but fluff and a gallery of converted models- and while I'd like the latter, what Inquisition needs is rules support. If an Agent's dex is incoming, then the rules content can be light, but it needs to have some hints... Not enough to confirm an Agents dex perhaps, but at least enough that I don't burst into flames if they give us fluff and pics after giving full blown Crusade rules to Tome Keepers and additional detachments to Space Marines.

As for your thoughts on Kill Team Vespid vs. Swopping Hawks, I think the standalone is the idea that makes it work. I was always wondering about flying units in KT; previous KT offerings have always excluded them, because in a skirmish game on a small board, their mobility would warp the entire game. You almost need special scenarios and flyer vs flyer requirements for fielding forces. 

When I was young boy, my dad would take me to feed the ducks (quack-quacks) in the park. One day, there was a giant 'duck' in the pond going honk-honk instead of quack-quack, and my dad told me that the honk-honk was the king of the quack-quacks, and I believed that all quack-quacks had a honk-honk as their king until I was 13 years old.

So obviously I'm going to buy whatever this is. 

I shall keep my expectations low. 

I can't remember what we got last year but I don't think it is usually anything mind blowing or large scale. 

I also get the excitement over the duck/goose. It looks okay but it is not the best birb mini GW. It feels kind of average.

Edited by The Praetorian of Inwit

With Adepticon later in the same month, I'll keep my expectations low.

4 minutes ago, 01RTB01 said:

We're due the command squad first iirc.

They're both in the same release block, we've already seen a banner silhouette but it's entirely possible the melee weapons end up receiving a full preview first.

I assumed the red thing on its head was a comb ( had to look up the english word.) or something similar like a crest or tuft ( cowlick ?).. now I cant unsee it being a silly hat..

Last year wasnt alot, and if exactly as last year but turned around it would be 1 campaign book and 2 models for AoS and 2 models and 2 respective codexes for 40k. ( the image I made previously behind spoilers for pageloading )

Spoiler

pastpreviewevents.thumb.jpg.f9a50bacb50ba9e9ff25a0667cd117c1.jpg

Though both the grand finale and LVO had more previews than previous ones, so the past doesnt say alot about the future in these things. Also its a bit boring for speculation to assume a similar setup ( even if it makes most sense with the roadmap in mind too )

3 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

@TheMawr

One box based on each Ordo would be the coolest thing to happen to 40k since Crusade. I've been wanting that since I returned to the game in 8th. I could run Ashes of Faith with each set, swapping baddies to suit the Ordo.

If it's a dex, remember, it will be Agents, not Inquisition. 

There are a lot of questions about such a thing. Will it give us actual Agent detachments, or keep us as afterthoughts to someone else's army? Will the retinues be drawn from Chambers Militant, will they be random agents, or will each Ordo receive a uniformed human unit as a dedicated battleline unit? Will Arbites and Navy receive HQ's so they can be fielded as detachments? Will agent lists finally have vehicles added to them? And will there be Crusade content?

Also: Dex or none, Inquisition in WD is a good thing... Or at least it has the potential to be. They could also end up giving us nothing but fluff and a gallery of converted models- and while I'd like the latter, what Inquisition needs is rules support. If an Agent's dex is incoming, then the rules content can be light, but it needs to have some hints... Not enough to confirm an Agents dex perhaps, but at least enough that I don't burst into flames if they give us fluff and pics after giving full blown Crusade rules to Tome Keepers and additional detachments to Space Marines.

As for your thoughts on Kill Team Vespid vs. Swopping Hawks, I think the standalone is the idea that makes it work. I was always wondering about flying units in KT; previous KT offerings have always excluded them, because in a skirmish game on a small board, their mobility would warp the entire game. You almost need special scenarios and flyer vs flyer requirements for fielding forces. 

Honestly, I wouldnt expect too much from it.. while his boxsets rumors are usually right, it doesnt immediately mean its all new models or new models at all. I would have expected a new model treatment more if it was just one generic inquisition boxset rumored.  3 in one dump sounds more like a combat/boarding patrol kind of thing, and also very likely more targetted at the respective ordo militants rather than focused on the imperial agent players.

My guess is it will be boxsets with Greyfax and SoB units for Hereticus, Drax and Deathwatch units for Xenos and (new) Coteaz and Grey knight units for Malleus. Maybe combat patrol rules or even special detachments for SoB, Deathwatch and Grey knights.. but likely in white dwarf. ( thats why it might be relevant to this preview event.)

The way GW sometimes works also means the boxes arent necessarily "equal" in release type. So the other boxes might have no new miniatures, but it could also be that the new miniature in Ordo Hereticus is the sisters of battle model, to be released with the codex afterwards. And that ordo xenos gets a deathwatch upgrade sprue as its "new content"

Im not theorising how I want it to be or how it should be, but what I think it could be btw ;) and especially what it would be if previewed/released now.

One thing I was wondering the other day is that AoS has gotten 2 character units, one not released yet but the other is easy to build, that are based on Hammer and Bolter. They are released as campaign releases.. but they where clearly not designed in the same mindset as the other campaign miniatures. Its also heavily rumored the AoS horserider silhouette too comes from this.

And I do wonder if in that design concept there is also similar Hammer and Bolter 40k sets that will be released as regular releases, I know there was an Inquisition group there.. but I dont know a lot about them.