Warhammer World Anniversary Reveals March 2nd

It would certainly be easier for GW to use Chambers militant than develop three different Ordo units, that's for sure, and if so, boxes might still be good. Deathguard could use an upgrade frame with 5 Terminator/ Gravis shouler pads... But that would mean including Terminators in the box, and I'm not sure they would.

Coteaz and Eisenhorn are the only Inquisitors I don't already have, so if it's Named Inquisitors leading a box full of their Chamber, I probably won't need Sisters or Deathwatch unless there's new hotness sprinkled in somewhere.

Iiiiiiif we expect the codexes to come out in the same order as they are laid out in the roadmap that would put orks next, the. Custodes followed by the next ‘big release’ which will be tau. We’ve only had teasers of the ork / custodes models (probably a single character and repackaged combat patrol each at this rate) but not a full reveal so that’s a possibility? I think between the limited ethereal and the kroot we’ve seen all there is to see for the tau release. 

Wishlist...

Codex: Agents of the Imperium

3 Detachments: Xenos, Hereticus & Malleus (4th -  Ordo Astartes?)

Some units: Inquisitorial Stormtroopers (Cadians w/ upgrade sprue), Access to guard units minus named characters and regiment specific stuff, ALL Deathwatch (and no longer limit Primaris kill teams by armour mark)(can only be taken in Xenos detachment?), Breachers, Arbites, Rogue Traders, Henchmen, NEW demonhosts, All Grey Knights (can only be taken in Malleus detachment?), more options for diy inquisitor, Assassins, Access to SOB minus named characters and order specific units (only be taken in Hereticus?)

3 hours ago, Triszin said:

Mek,  custodes, and new killteam shown is my guess for 40k

Maybe a new road map

Sounds like way too much imo. Earliest KT preview would be adepticon imo :) perhaps a small teaser like the scouts/scorpions from last May(?) at most

5 minutes ago, Doctor Perils said:

Sounds like way too much imo. Earliest KT preview would be adepticon imo :) perhaps a small teaser like the scouts/scorpions from last May(?) at most

Me expecting 2 models and half a KT is too much

Your right. Lol

3 hours ago, Doctor Perils said:

We can expect a full KT box reveal at Adepticon for sure (assuming the 2nd box is out by then!) But lately they have been splitting up the reveals...

1 minute ago, ZeroWolf said:

We can expect a full KT box reveal at Adepticon for sure (assuming the 2nd box is out by then!) But lately they have been splitting up the reveals...

Salvation ( Fall Sep - Nov )
Nightmare  ( winter Dec - Feb )

Hivefall  ( spring Mar-May )

??? ( summer Jun - Aug )

Now the first two didnt make their intended season, but that doesnt necessarily mean none of them will, to fit the bigger picture GW has very often done catchup near the ending of more timed releases ( I think psychic awakening had this happen ? ) But the main reason Im repeating this here is that I think those previews are also planned a little more in advance... and not only could it always have been the intention to reveal hivefall* at this warhammer open day, considering the timing of everything it could even be that the last one is supposed to be revealed at Adepticon, as there often had been more space between the last one and the new season.

Or indeed they split it up between this and adepticon, or nothing for kill team now and its all at adepticon.

( *while the name is just a rumor it was easy to use it right now.)

23 hours ago, ThePenitentOne said:

I was hoping that Custodes would get generic HQ for SoS.

Isn't this the Knight-Centura?  It works the same way that the Shield-Captains do in that it's built from the Sisters of Silence kit rather than being an independent kit, but it does exist.

7 minutes ago, MysticTemplar said:

Isn't this the Knight-Centura?  It works the same way that the Shield-Captains do in that it's built from the Sisters of Silence kit rather than being an independent kit, but it does exist.

It'd be nice to have an actual model though, maybe put the Anathema range into double figures! 

The Command Squad is slated for Spring, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was shown off at Adepticon instead.

Since the Solar Auxilia Tactical Command has vanished off the webstore, I reckon that (or at least a new Legate Marshal) will make an appearance first, since SA kind of need it to run a legal force. 

Heresy Thursday I'm expecting to just be the resin Battle for Bacon-Gammon characters for at least three more weeks (unless they slide the above Tactical Command/Legate Marshal in there). 

Edited by Lord Marshal

On 2/20/2024 at 7:52 PM, ChapterMasterGodfrey said:

Wishlist...

Codex: Agents of the Imperium

3 Detachments: Xenos, Hereticus & Malleus (4th -  Ordo Astartes?)

Some units: Inquisitorial Stormtroopers (Cadians w/ upgrade sprue), Access to guard units minus named characters and regiment specific stuff, ALL Deathwatch (and no longer limit Primaris kill teams by armour mark)(can only be taken in Xenos detachment?), Breachers, Arbites, Rogue Traders, Henchmen, NEW demonhosts, All Grey Knights (can only be taken in Malleus detachment?), more options for diy inquisitor, Assassins, Access to SOB minus named characters and order specific units (only be taken in Hereticus?)

This old commercial mode didn't work. Current "every imperium player could buy some Agents model, and try to field 1-2 units" is much more easier to comprehend and accept by most players.

3 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

This old commercial mode didn't work. Current "every imperium player could buy some Agents model, and try to field 1-2 units" is much more easier to comprehend and accept by most players.

Idk.  I wish they’d have an entire army of their own like they used to have.  However, I also hope if agents get an army they don’t throw the baby out with the bath water and Imperial armies can still add an Inquisitor, assassin, ect.

1 hour ago, crimsondave said:

Idk.  I wish they’d have an entire army of their own like they used to have.  However, I also hope if agents get an army they don’t throw the baby out with the bath water and Imperial armies can still add an Inquisitor, assassin, ect.

"They used to have"? No, they didn't have. They used to share a codex with GK/SoB.

Today, to hijack 50 units from IG/GK/SoB/DW books won't make inquisition a "standalone playable army". Ironically, the "copy and paste 50 units" thing itself, will undoubtedly prove this faction can't walk on its own feet.

If there really exists Ordo detachments, it still must follow 10th format, and still part of "Agents of imperium". It possibly have content like :

" Ordo hereticus task force: 

your army could include 3/4 Agent of imperium characters, instead of 2.

All non-assassin characters must be in Ordo hereticus.

They can lead Sacresant/Dominion/Novitiate squads. When they leading such units, they gain Y leader ability in addition to/instead of original X ability. 

Karamazov gain lone operative when in 3" of friendly pertinent engines or mortifiers unit."

Edited by Tokugawa