Warhammer World Anniversary Reveals March 2nd

2 minutes ago, Doghouse said:

I like the Ork but it doesn't look like a GW product and more like a third party model. I think it's the head, it's looks sad to me when it should be revelling in the glory of the Waaargh. Replace that with a regular shouty head and jobs a good un.

I don't like the Custodian, with the exception of the spear and the torso it doesn't feel like it fits with the others to me personally speaking. 

The ork has a shouty head alternative. 

Image2

19 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Those are Battle forces rather than Combat Patrols so a balanced power level is not really vital.

True, yet I fell it might be a kind of great air inlet - or incitation - to field much more Titanic units. In that sense, army lists with only a single Titan sized machine (Orks, Eldars, Tau), can field up to 3, while armies relaying on Freeblade or Dreadblade rules can field only 1... 

Nothing new, I agree. But the image it sends back is, for me, a negative looking incentive. 

Anyway, I am paranoid, so in the end, I will be set mat. :biggrin:

The 40k stuff is very bland. Like it has been for some time now.

Blood Bowl Gnomes where the winners. So much fun and joy has been sculpted into those.

The 40k minis just feel like the designers aren’t allowed to do anything fun or crazy

1 hour ago, Bouargh said:

The shield Captain is OK, but should definitively keep his helmet on...

Battle forces are also on:

Image2

Image3

I am a little bit concerned by the inflation in power level.

• A battle force with a Stompa for orks... Hum looks like the perfile of forces on the table will go to big and bigger or even bigger machines. 
  • So many jetbikes for Custodes, and not a single "basic" troop unit.

These are battleforces so are never meant to be balanced

2 hours ago, Burni said:

Yeah that's definitely the better head. I agree with Doghouse, the other head is not very GW Ork-y at all.

I'd argue it is "GW Orky", just in the style of their Kruleboyz from AoS rather than the traditional 40K ork look.

He definitely has the Beast Snagga look to him, which I guess is just the modern orky look at this point.

1 hour ago, Redcomet said:

The 40k stuff is very bland. Like it has been for some time now.

Blood Bowl Gnomes where the winners. So much fun and joy has been sculpted into those.

The 40k minis just feel like the designers aren’t allowed to do anything fun or crazy

These are battleforces so are never meant to be balanced

It is getting a little bit worrying at every reveal 40K never seems to grab people's attention.  40k is the most settled of the settings so is unlikely to have as many wow moments as other games but having none is really starting to sap enthusiasm.  Look at the return of squats the Necromunda version has generated so much more interests in terms of the design compared to the highly sanitised LoV.  Not saying there aren't great models revealed, we have had the Lion, Farsight, some wonderful Tyranids, etc, but they just don't seem to wow in the same way the other ranges do.

8 minutes ago, Nova-V said:

It is getting a little bit worrying at every reveal 40K never seems to grab people's attention.  40k is the most settled of the settings so is unlikely to have as many wow moments as other games but having none is really starting to sap enthusiasm.  Look at the return of squats the Necromunda version has generated so much more interests in terms of the design compared to the highly sanitised LoV.  Not saying there aren't great models revealed, we have had the Lion, Farsight, some wonderful Tyranids, etc, but they just don't seem to wow in the same way the other ranges do.

The target demographic for 40K is not the target demographic for online forums and hobby groups.

edit: I don’t disagree with you, I just don’t think the people who get their socks blown off by 40K are in established hobbyist online groups. 

Edited by Marshal Rohr

6 minutes ago, Marshal Rohr said:

The target demographic for 40K is not the target demographic for online forums and hobby groups.

edit: I don’t disagree with you, I just don’t think the people who get their socks blown off by 40K are in established hobbyist online groups. 

Fair point it does end up a bit of an echo chamber