Warhammer World Anniversary Reveals March 2nd

On 3/2/2024 at 8:20 PM, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

Custodes on the other hand are sworn to protect the Emperor at all costs. This means never leaving the Imperial Palace. With the Emperor gone, the Imperium will cease to exist. We only have to suffer the new, awful fluff of Custodes roaming the galaxy because corporate suits want our money for yet another faction. 40K has how many now? 25? If you ever want to trim the fat begin with the Custodes.

The Custodes were at the Battle of Prospero in numbers in the run up to the Horus Heresy. They were roaming the galaxy in both small and large numbers since the Heresy, it would seem.

18 hours ago, Noserenda said:

I think its misleading to think of the Custodes as ever really being a FW only range, they opened with plastics and got rules for both systems on or near release (I recall a short delay. like, a week or two?) and they were pretty enthusiastically embraced by both groups even as the resin stuff started to come out and they got a extra wave of both types. 

I do wish they were a bit more integrated with each other but it is what it is.

Right - true - thanks for the correction. In my head I confabulated them as resin originally because their launch was 'for' Heresy: Battle for Prospero, the last time it looked like maybe Heresy and 40k were going to truly cross the streams in game terms instead of just in material terms. Custodes are a very interesting case in being the only army that links up completely across the two systems.

I definitely wish there was more integration between 30k and 40k... if they'd just release Legends rules for Mechanicum and Solar Aux. stuff, all would be forgiven. Such is life. I likely won't be able to resist Mechanicum plastics of almost any sort, but the amount I spend will definitely be influenced by ease of translation to 40k. Heck I'd buy a Dracosan in a heartbeat if there were Legends rules for it...

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.