Adeptus Custodes Shield-Captain + Battleforce + Codex

I mean .. The army lists already exist and look/ play significantly differently, though they aren't really present in the same system 30k and 40k are still extremely similar games and the two sisterhood's don't play anything alike outside of their defensive stats (and even there faith makes a big difference)  or inhabit the same design space outside of armoured women.

And really, in a game like 40k where over half the armies are variants of space marines, specifically all space marines rather than superficially similar organisations, it shouldn't be hard to see how to make it work :D 

20 hours ago, Noserenda said:

I mean .. The army lists already exist and look/ play significantly differently, though they aren't really present in the same system 30k and 40k are still extremely similar games and the two sisterhood's don't play anything alike outside of their defensive stats (and even there faith makes a big difference)  or inhabit the same design space outside of armoured women.

And really, in a game like 40k where over half the armies are variants of space marines, specifically all space marines rather than superficially similar organisations, it shouldn't be hard to see how to make it work :D 

With a complete lack of snark intended, I'd be interested to see how you would expand the SoS range in a new and novel way. Specifically one that doesn't replicate the SoB range to basically just be them but null.

Any ideas off the bat?

1 hour ago, One Paul Murray said:

With a complete lack of snark intended, I'd be interested to see how you would expand the SoS range in a new and novel way. Specifically one that doesn't replicate the SoB range to basically just be them but null.

Any ideas off the bat?

Here's a starting point:

2-12.jpg.3f74f3564605eb878dbcd0b32c321d99.jpg

2 hours ago, One Paul Murray said:

Any ideas off the bat?

Yeah... I mean look at the 30k list, it's not how I would have done it (The name vestals is loaded with wrong associations and seekers should be troops for examples) but it's right there and I'm on a bus :D

Edited by Noserenda

But vaguely off the cuff and working to the inane separation between 30 and 40k if i was going to do a 40k Anathema wave id go with roughly the following:

Character Clampack "Huntress"  New Character type, Infantry fast psyker stalker, something like a polearm and big birdy friend?

Unit box Courser Cadre, Infantry/Beasts unit but bringing back the classic cyber jackals with flamer/melta jaws and a different packmaster loadout something like chains and snares to bring enemies down and stop em disengaging.

Unit box Stalker cadre, A sniper/overwatch unit with either needle rifles or some kind of las like Eliminators for some AT to keep em different from the 30k snipers

Ideally id rebox the existing box to ten + command sprue with some more gear/character options.

Vehicle box, Dual kit Talion gunship/ Divider stealth shuttle doing the obvious from their names, draw on elements of the Acquisitor. 

Then obviously id scowl at the 30k team :P 

I think that this codex's underwhelming rules, in part, is a reflection of how small and one-dimensional the custodes range is. the sister of silence detachment, for example, is absolutely limited by the fact there's 1 SoS kit with three different weapon options. in comparison, an older and more established army like orks are able to have a larger number of distinct detachments due to a large range of kits that are already broken down into distinct themes/subcultures. 

I hope in 11th Talons of the Emperor get a large release wave. it really sucks that most of their army is FW stuff that's locked behind ever worse rules. As more HH stuff transitions to plastic, i hope that stuff like sagittarum, venetari, Caladus tanks, etc. receive plastic treatment, as well as the HH list of SoS models.

1 hour ago, MaximusTL said:

I think that this codex's underwhelming rules, in part, is a reflection of how small and one-dimensional the custodes range is. the sister of silence detachment, for example, is absolutely limited by the fact there's 1 SoS kit with three different weapon options. in comparison, an older and more established army like orks are able to have a larger number of distinct detachments due to a large range of kits that are already broken down into distinct themes/subcultures. 

I hope in 11th Talons of the Emperor get a large release wave. it really sucks that most of their army is FW stuff that's locked behind ever worse rules. As more HH stuff transitions to plastic, i hope that stuff like sagittarum, venetari, Caladus tanks, etc. receive plastic treatment, as well as the HH list of SoS models.

I think GW's refusal to integrate FW/Heresy units into the plastic 40k lines (allegedly because of either complications in assigning internal sales numbers to the respective 30k/40k line when units can be used in both, or a turf war of not wanting the other line to benefit from model sales to be used in the first line) exacerbates the issue too.  It prevents dreadnought-focused or hover tank-focused detachments, and if/when Heresy SoS get more units it remains to be seen whether they would fit in the SoS detachment. 

Edited by Aarik