Adeptus Custodes Shield-Captain + Battleforce + Codex

I wonder if this will be a seperate datasheet in the codex now (like overlord with shroud), or just an alternate loadout. Should be easy enough to proxy/kit bash anyway, just stick a spear and shield on regular guy and say hes the captain.

I don't know why but the Spears blade just really doesn't do it for me. They already had a far superior design with the pyrithite spear from FW and they still messed it up

Just not a fan overall of the model. It reeks of "let's put more detail because we can" while simultaneously not giving him thigh armor? For a guy that's supposed to be in a shield wall?

*edit, I think this is the first time I've seen almost everyone universally dislike a model so good job unifying the community GW

Edited by darkhorse0607

Sure is yet another Custodes guy that looks like a Custodes. Kind of hard to make character models stand out when your basic infantry is already the most over-the-top, hyper-ornamented brick of gold on the table. 

If they were dead set on yet another shield  Captain they could have done a female one. That would have gone some way to justifying it.

GW apparently told one of the BL authors (I think ADB?) that they are possible but not to put them in a novel because they don’t have a female model. 

And I would buy a lot of plastic Custodes tanks and dreads. 

IMG_6218.jpeg

Edited by Zoatibix

So the promise for "new models for each Codex release" is a Shield Captain people can already build, but with a melta instead of bolter in his Halberd?

And an awful model that looks dumpy to boot?

Oh it's ok, you have to get it with this big boxed set too?

Well I'm convinced. :laugh: :facepalm:

It's not much of a suprise considering the silhouette we got at new year.  In a season GW rarely do more than one big release, so with Tau getting Kroot goodies Custodes and Orks were likely to be single model.

It is odd how resistant they are to plastic tanks and dreads though.  Seems the most common reason Custodes players I know are all infantry forces (with bikes of course) is the lack of plastic armour.  Simply painting marines transports gold doesn't cut it 

Plus to add insult to injury that kit is the worst thing GW have put out since the Dorn.

I reckon it won't be released solo. GW traditionally takes ages to do that even with Primaris, but this guy is so poor I think it'll just go quietly away.

Unless people are so desperate to take melta Shield Captains! :facepalm:

45 minutes ago, Captain Idaho said:

I reckon it won't be released solo. GW traditionally takes ages to do that even with Primaris, but this guy is so poor I think it'll just go quietly away.

Unless people are so desperate to take melta Shield Captains! :facepalm:

I suspect it will show up in a new incarnation of the CP. Drop one of the Sisters of Silence squads, maybe jiggle a few other unit numbers around.