Ork Big Mek + Battleforce + Codex

1 hour ago, Tokugawa said:

So this guy and the library guy are all the models for orks 10th codex update? 

I believe so.

However, for 9th we got a full range refresh with about 14 new kits. We also got buggies not long before that. We're in a better state than the warp spiders that hit their 30th birthday this week!

I may/ not pick up the mek. Looks fine but doesn't wow. The single shot traktor variant is quite lackluster unless people are bringing anything that flies.

The box with the stompa can jog on. It's all quite old bar the mek and monopose Boyz. If I want more monopose I'll keep hunting rogue trader Boyz. 

I like the Big Mek model. He's got a couple of nice head and weapon choices, so fun to build and paint. Disappointing (but not surprising) its release is gated by a FOMO box I have zero interest in... don't need more Boyz, Trukks or Lootaz, and definitely don't need another Stompa. The Stompa seems to me to be a very weird choice for a FOMO box. Put a Dredd and some Kanz in there instead and I'd probably have tried to find one.

Edited by andes

4 minutes ago, andes said:

I like the Big Mek model. He's got a couple of nice head and weapon choices, so fun to build and paint. Disappointing (but not surprising) its release is gated by a FOMO box I have zero interest in... don't need more Boyz, Trukks or Lootaz, and definitely don't need another Stompa. The Stompa seems to me to be a very weird choice for a FOMO box. Put a Dredd and some Kanz in there instead and I'd probably have tried to find one.

Problem there i suppose is that if it had a Dredd in it's already overlapping twice with the Combat Patrol box. Stompa does seem odd at first glance but the sorts of people likely to buy one of these sets (ie starting or growing an army) aren't likely to already have one.

25 minutes ago, Halandaar said:

Problem there i suppose is that if it had a Dredd in it's already overlapping twice with the Combat Patrol box. Stompa does seem odd at first glance but the sorts of people likely to buy one of these sets (ie starting or growing an army) aren't likely to already have one.

That's a fair point, but to me the Stompa is such an... opinionated model as to be off-putting for a FOMO box, even to those who don't already have one.

1 hour ago, 01RTB01 said:

I believe so.

However, for 9th we got a full range refresh with about 14 new kits. We also got buggies not long before that. We're in a better state than the warp spiders that hit their 30th birthday this week!

I may/ not pick up the mek. Looks fine but doesn't wow. The single shot traktor variant is quite lackluster unless people are bringing anything that flies.

The box with the stompa can jog on. It's all quite old bar the mek and monopose Boyz. If I want more monopose I'll keep hunting rogue trader Boyz. 

What are the remaining ancient/failcast models in Orks range? Grotsnik, Tankbusta, Zagstruk and? In my eyes weridboy has already updated to modern plastics.

51 minutes ago, Scribe said:

I don't understand why they went away from what was/is a classic 40K Ork look. One of the heads looks ok enough, but there is something just off about the new models, like the AoS Kruel Boyz or whatever they are called, its just different enough to push into 'thats not what they look like'.

In the defense of kruleboyz, if you look at orcs pre 4th Ed fantasy, the kruleboyz fit.

However, we do seem to be in a new realm of ork faces and style.

10 minutes ago, Shinespider said:

Even if half of the responses on twitter and people absolutely melting down about it. 

I mean there was variation before, there is a difference between variation, and shifting the design bible or whatever. Does it look like a 40K Ork? Not really. It looks like a 3rd Party knock off of what a 40K Ork would be, which is fine but one of the head options looks like it should, the other doesnt.

Personally I am not a fan. It looks too much. Overly complex and over engineered. It doesn't look like an Ork slapped himself together with some metal and gubbins. It looks like a concept design of everything it could have and no-on stepped in to question whether it should have everything. It also doesn't feel 'Orky' to me. It's like they were making a model for something else and someone said slap an Ork on the side of it.