Ork Big Mek + Battleforce + Codex

The green tide looks excellent.

Oi dumb dead bastids! Weez fightin ere. Get off yer arses and stuck back in ya pansies!

image.jpeg.060a7064f5d6c4e9bf2a385a9f22311e.jpeg

Not a big fan of the new combat patrol - I prefer the current one one with the dread/deffkoptas etc. I hope they keep both types but expect that is unlikely.

I dont really want the beast snagga style of boys for my goffs/speedfreaks. Generic style boyz are much more diverse and useful

Could be time to bite the bullet and buy a copy of this before if disappears. Not that I can at the moment

To be fair, what I really need are some base adaptors for my current orks and actually to get on with painting the green tide I have, not adding to it!

2 hours ago, lhg033 said:

Not a big fan of the new combat patrol - I prefer the current one one with the dread/deffkoptas etc. I hope they keep both types but expect that is unlikely.

I dont really want the beast snagga style of boys for my goffs/speedfreaks. Generic style boyz are much more diverse and useful

Could be time to bite the bullet and buy a copy of this before if disappears. Not that I can at the moment

To be fair, what I really need are some base adaptors for my current orks and actually to get on with painting the green tide I have, not adding to it!

Current combat patrol is already off the webstore. If you want one I'd grab before it goes :(

6 hours ago, zero888 said:

Wonder if big meks will confer MEK keyword to the units they join

Big mek doesn't have "Mek" keyword himself.

"As for the rules, there are 51 Datasheets, six complete Detachments, new Crusade tools to launch a galaxy-shaking Waaagh!"

How many datasheets does the index have? 

10 minutes ago, Tokugawa said:

"As for the rules, there are 51 Datasheets, six complete Detachments, new Crusade tools to launch a galaxy-shaking Waaagh!"

How many datasheets does the index have? 

We lose:

Grotsnik

Badrukk

Zaggstruk 

Nob with bosspole

Mek with KFF (replaced by megamek with KFF)

Mekboy workshop

Edited by 01RTB01

23 hours ago, danodan123 said:

Curious to find out if Ghazghkull can join a unit of Boyz in the codex, always thought it was odd that he couldn't.

The Primarchs cannot join squads of Marines so I am going to guess he won't be able to as he is significantly bigger than a Primarch.

14 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

The Primarchs cannot join squads of Marines so I am going to guess he won't be able to as he is significantly bigger than a Primarch.

The triumph of st katherina and the flying pulpit can join battlesisters though. Size doesnt have much to do with that.. I think its more what each specific rules team felt whats right. 

I personally think with Orks, the leaders should always be able to lead boyz. While the more organised hierarchy fits spacemarines well.

Ghaz currently join Mega Nobz, which I suspect is how he's going to stay. The boss wants the biggest and the toughest as his bodyguards after all. But who knows, based on the match they showed on Warhammer TV though it looks like the Beastboss on Squig may be able to join squads of Squighog Boys. 

On 4/9/2024 at 11:11 AM, 01RTB01 said:

We lose:

Grotsnik

Badrukk

Zaggstruk 

Nob with bosspole

Mek with KFF (replaced by megamek with KFF)

Mekboy workshop

So the watch tower survived? Weird.

Nazdreg, Wazdakka, Zogwort, Zagstruk, Baddruk, Grotsnik…a long list. No country for old orks!

Managed to order one of the battleforce boxes from a third party so got a decent saving.

Coupled with my Combat Patrol, that's a nice big force of 'old skool' Orks which works for me. Might get to paint them next year too!

Undecided which sub-faction though I had been leaning towards Freebooterz for comedy value. Arrr!

1 hour ago, Rusted Boltgun said:

Managed to order one of the battleforce boxes from a third party so got a decent saving.

Coupled with my Combat Patrol, that's a nice big force of 'old skool' Orks which works for me. Might get to paint them next year too!

Undecided which sub-faction though I had been leaning towards Freebooterz for comedy value. Arrr!

Sub factions are dead in 10th so you can paint them how you fancy. The detachments represent archetypes but you no longer need to run as one clan.