Ork Big Mek + Battleforce + Codex

As an Ork player I´m glad the codex isn't locked behind the paywall of a unique FOMO box this time.

The Mek looks like an Ork version of the Votaan Thunderkyn especially with the alternative head with googles. And why doesnt he have a Grot assistant?

(The Darkoath with its leaks stole the show though)

It is a nicely detailed model, for sure. And I love the fact that it has many options. 

But still this model is disappointing. It lacks character. I miss the gleeful mania I associate with 'mekaniacs'.

2 hours ago, 01RTB01 said:

They need to rehire Kev Adams...

His recent Orc Space Pirates are so nice.

I'm keen to know the price of this given that it has a Stompa in it.

I have the Combat Patrol, not sure this is how I would expand the force...

Edited by Rusted Boltgun

If I get this I’m putting one of those large Ork welding masks on him  :thumbsup:

I guess I can paint him up to look more ramshackle and not so “hi tech” … 

it’s better than no new mek :sweat:.

++EDIT++ the codex cover looks pretty good !! 

M. 

Edited by MithrilForge

"Do I need:..."

another Trukk ?....  well actually only have one so maybe...

More Lootas and/or Burnas?... I think I have 12 of each of these,... probably not.....

More Boyz?... I think I have something like 120 boyz so probably not however they are all the older style models so so new ones would be a nice change.

The Stompa? - Yes!!! I have yet to pick one up and I dont care about the rules, I just want one as I like the model but I always buy other things instead

The new Mek? Yes!!! Give me all the Meks!! Always liked the concept of Meks so happy to have even more. 

It isn't a bad box for me but I'm meant to be being good this year and have already blown my hobby budget so will probably skip it. I'll be interested to know the price point for it. Without the Mek that is nearly £200 worth of models so it could be a pretty good discount 

for the Mek itself - I dont like the 'sad' face version but the shouty one is ok. I would have preferred a more 'gleeful' face on it 

Sorry if this ahs been mentioned anywhere but I could not see it. Does this set come with the Codex Datacards like the recent Dark Angels box set?

10 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Sorry if this ahs been mentioned anywhere but I could not see it. Does this set come with the Codex Datacards like the recent Dark Angels box set?

The Battleforces are just models and doesn't come with the Codex, I'd imagine the Datacards and the Codex will be sold separately on release :smile:

• 1 month later...

Sorry for digging this thread up, but man the finecast culling really put a dent in characters and HQ choices for Orks.

Still the tankbustas and weirdboy are there, hopefully this means they will get plastic version in 11th.

46 minutes ago, Azaiel said:

Sorry for digging this thread up, but man the finecast culling really put a dent in characters and HQ choices for Orks.

Still the tankbustas and weirdboy are there, hopefully this means they will get plastic version in 11th.

Almost every ork player I met in real life,has brought some AoS orruk model for a plastic weirdboy.

57 minutes ago, Azaiel said:

The loss of the KFF mek was predictable but still disappointing.

Tankbustas are such a sad mess. I've got 12 of them with rokkits but their current datasheet just makes them worthless with the weapon constrictions.

14 minutes ago, LSM said:

Interestingly, the Index detachment ("Waaagh! Tribe") seems to be absent. 

Would that be the first time an index detachment hasn't made it into a codex?

Kult of Speed is obviously vehicles and bikes, Dread mob is killa kanz and deff dreads (possibly morka/gorkanauts too?), da big hunt is I presume beast killaz, war horde could just be renamed waagh tribe? And bully Boyz sounds like nob focused.

3 minutes ago, Cryptix said:

Kult of Speed is obviously vehicles and bikes, Dread mob is killa kanz and deff dreads (possibly morka/gorkanauts too?), da big hunt is I presume beast killaz, war horde could just be renamed waagh tribe? And bully Boyz sounds like nob focused.

Makes sense. Most bully boys do tend to be nobz…