29 minutes ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Compared to the more recent depictions of Iron Hands, it is a large departure though?

vDYOEOwwQjQWBlqY.jpg.963106e5f6ca4706fc5b20a0d15050bc.jpg

pPSrREsYpxoRohSx.thumb.jpg.9b1dd3ff084d6943d453798933d0a664.jpg

I'd wager noticeable changes in official colour schemes from release to release (plus most older depictions), is a tad more on topic that terminators in a thread about character very visibly not in terminator armour :wink:

Except it’s not a change, that’s the same scheme with different lighting. You can piss and moan about the relevance of terminators but not including the missing generic praetors in both armor sets for the shattered legions in the book about the shattered legions is a marked absence. 

9 hours ago, Boytoy said:

Not big on the head, but that's an easy fix! Great sculpt otherwise

Spoiler

Tybalt Marr?! that's your account?!

Behold, Shadrak "FragKrak" Meduson, known for his penchant for throwing nades (how do you think he lost his hand?)

Marr: You call throwing dynamite grenades a martial art?

Meduson: Hey, as long as it works...

It is amusing that this is what we've found to be most worthwhile discussing.

At any rate, Iron Hands already suffer from being "the other bad-tempered cybernetics legion." Painting Meduson metal with black shoulders just seems like an oversight at that point. I think the point about variant color schemes is worthwhile, but... surely there are ones that aren't just the default Iron Warriors scheme.

Except it’s not a change, that’s the same scheme with different lighting

Ah yes, the same scheme except for different lighting.

Tw5vWfIEHQRTbs3R.thumb.jpg.147442ba2d39a06546d9c465fdfc4fd7.jpgpPSrREsYpxoRohSx.thumb.jpg.0563cbe9f42282d2e3ef1c54f12b2cd8.jpg

Ignore the completely different colours of armour. And the different highlight colours on the bolter and shoulders. The different grenade colours, different weathering techniques. It's just in different lighting.

Like really. Youre going to make an insinuation about looking at more than just rules in the books and you landed on "it's the same scheme and is consistent".

If they were going to go ahead and change the established scheme to a two-tone black like they seemingly did for 2nd, they had a perfectly acceptable version in the first picture. And the rest of the models they put in the rulebook with it 

Screenshot_20240307-1824272.thumb.png.e58a64b084c0a1a9a59289727ec967eb.png

Clearly black armour that contrasts nicely with a silver trim, instead of silver that blends into the surrounding silver details and looks even more silver next to the black grenades.

More like I only posted one of the two pages, the one with all their special units and primarch you know? Kinda the definitive look of the faction and all?

Idk what to tell you, the picture you took is garbage for actual comparisons. Let's say it's an exact match for the meduson scheme; they both look bad and out of place. They both look even worse and more out of place next to other takes on the iron hands schemes that GW put in that book and marketed on warcom.

Knock off iron warriors scheme looks bad imo. I think actual black armour iron hands look better. That's my updated hot take. Go back to asking about terminator characters or whatever you think is valid for the thread. 

I like the look of him. Looks like a guerrilla fighter with all those grenades, I like the pose. Noticeable but not over-the-top.

I'm excited to see what other characters they'll revisit. I'm hoping for a new Cassian Vaughn, I'm good with a revamp of his model to be very different than the Bray'arth Ashmantle model.

Edited by arnesh88

6 hours ago, TrawlingCleaner said:

Compared to the more recent depictions of Iron Hands, it is a large departure though?

The ones they painted for their youtubue channel were more like the character, so in my opinion, it's a wash as to what's 'official'. Like with any army or model, should just paint it the way you want or like. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter for that reason.

That said, moving back to the topic, loving the model overall. Might have to do an Iron Hands force at some point... but after I finish my SoH and then Alpha Legion, who'll be the project after.

We get variations in the paint schemes all the time. I mean look how different ultramarines are now to how they looked 25 years ago.

This guy looks to me like he is wearing black armour but that the paint has worn over months of guerrilla fighting on Istvaan. You can still see the black if you look closely e.g. on the knee or in the centre of armour plates. Also, cars have metallic black paint, so why can’t a marine? “It’s black!” “No, its metallic!” It’s both.

Nice model. I get what people are saying about the face but I quite like it.

Edited by TheArtilleryman

Does anyone have any good helmet suggestions? 

I would have preferred him without the cape, I just don't feel like he's the kind of character that would wear one, at least after Istvaan V. It doesn't feel thematically appropriate. Good model despite that and the eye thing. 

Who do people feel the need to argue so passionately about things which don't matter?

It's a nice model, it's painted, it's squinting - you can paint it differently, or use the scheme shown on this and other models; you can change the head, or keep it? Nothing to really argue about?

1 hour ago, Machine God said:

Chapter Pauldron and Clan Pauldron are on the wrong shoulders.

That was the first thing I noticed, but wasn't immediately gripping my attention. Thought I may be mistaken until I just saw your post.

"Feel like I remember heraldry talks in the blackbook mentioning IH placing chapter heraldry on the left pauldron when able." was floating around my head.

Seems I'm not crazy after all!:teehee:

Edited by Dark Legionnare

50 minutes ago, Calgar 2.0 said:

I don't get the complaints regarding the color scheme when this is official art of Shadrak.

MedusonPic.jpg

I agree though the model does look like he’s been down the hairdresser for a new style. Seems like on the model his hair grew and he went for an elaborate side sweep. Do Astartes use gel or hair spray?

2 hours ago, Etruscan said:

I agree though the model does look like he’s been down the hairdresser for a new style. Seems like on the model his hair grew and he went for an elaborate side sweep. Do Astartes use gel or hair spray?

Pretty sure they can sweat more oily stuff than normal humans on account of the mucranoid organ? 

10 hours ago, Castellan Wulfrik said:

Does anyone have any good helmet suggestions? 

I would have preferred him without the cape, I just don't feel like he's the kind of character that would wear one, at least after Istvaan V. It doesn't feel thematically appropriate. Good model despite that and the eye thing. 

Might be controversial but if I bought it I'd be thinking about the crested helmet in the Iron Hands upgrade set. I like it but I know a lot of people don't.

For the cape I would actualy go with a cityfight camo scheme. Lean into the Guerrilla theme.

Edited by Corswain